Become a Patron!

iStick30w vs iStick50w

greendodo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello, I was thinking about purchasing a box mod for the first time and I am debating whether or not to get to 30W or 50W. I don't really vape on sub-ohms, but I do have coils for my tank that are sub ohm. Do I really need to extra 20W? The price isn't that drastically different either. So should I just go ahead and go with the 50W iStick or just go like 7 bucks cheap and get the iStick 30W.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello, I was thinking about purchasing a box mod for the first time and I am debating whether or not to get to 30W or 50W. I don't really vape on sub-ohms, but I do have coils for my tank that are sub ohm. Do I really need to extra 20W? The price isn't that drastically different either. So should I just go ahead and go with the 50W iStick or just go like 7 bucks cheap and get the iStick 30W.

If it's a matter of $7 go for the bigger one! You never know what you might want to put on top in the future :)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay, Im just gonna go with the 50W. :)

Just ordered it :) Hopefully it will arrive by Tuesday

I think you made the right decision and will be very pleased with it. Eleaf manufactures high quality products. Enjoy your new device and let us know how you like it when it arrives. What color did you decide on?

Good call with the 50 Watt. Supposedly the 30W comes with Pulse Width Modulation as opposed to the direct DC to DC with the 50W. I have been wary of any devices using PWM as I had a Vamo V5 with it and the difference between it and a DC to DC device was astounding, even at the same wattage.

Where is the best deal for these? Vape Royalty carries them for $49.99 I think.

greendodo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think you made the right decision and will be very pleased with it. Eleaf manufactures high quality products. Enjoy your new device and let us know how you like it when it arrives. What color did you decide on?
I got the silver one, as the black ones are currently all sold out.
Also I had a question about tanks. I am leaning towards the Kanger Subtanks, but should I just get the regular sized one or the mini?
I don't really wan't the nano because it doesn't include the RBA inside.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also I had a question about tanks. I am leaning towards the Kanger Subtanks, but should I just get the regular sized one or the mini?

The original Subtank is 25mm, the Mini is 22mm and the Nano is 18mm diameter. All vape the same... so flavor and vapor production from one to the next won't matter which one you select. On any bottom coil tank, the smaller size is less prone to leaks from over wicking... so the Nano has an advantage in that area. As you mentioned, the Mini has an RBA ( as does the original ) but I'm finding that rebuilding the factory heads is pretty darn easy... so I'm uncertain if that is an advantage or not but it is still another option that it gives you. The original at 25mm will overhang a lot of mods including the iSticks and iPV Mini's and those in that size.

So each size will have it's own advantage... it'll be your own needs and wants that should determine which may best fit those.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good call with the 50 Watt. Supposedly the 30W comes with Pulse Width Modulation as opposed to the direct DC to DC with the 50W. I have been wary of any devices using PWM as I had a Vamo V5 with it and the difference between it and a DC to DC device was astounding, even at the same wattage.

The 20W is PWM, but the 30W is much better - good DC above 4V, reasonably DC above 3V (PWM below 3V, but that hardly matters).

I'm expecting the 50W to be similar to the 30W, but I haven't tested it yet.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've seen the claim the 50's a combination of DC and RMS on one vendors page somewhere that at present escapes me. Seemed a little odd when I first saw it. So the 30 works that way as well eh? I assume you've had it on the scope?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. I've been half keeping an eye on some scope results but apparently not trying very hard. Appreciate the effort to let others in on the results.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Congratulations on your purchase. It's the best selling device on the market and will continue to go strong for a very long time. I own five 20 watt and two 30 watt iSticks, all have performed incredibly well and I have no regrets whatsoever. I have the 50 watt on order as well, silver was a good choice. As far as tanks go, the entire Subtank series is excellent and you can't go wrong with any of the three. It will ultimately come down to your spending budget and whether you prefer a 6ml tank with a 25mm base but can be converted to 22mm with the ring or 4.5ml tank with a 22ml base. I enjoy them both. One advantage with the larger Subtank is that you can use your Aerotank coils in it. The mini had improved on their deck and you no longer have to change the top cap to convert into an RBA. You can get them here for a very good price www.evape.us. Enjoy your silver Istick:)

greendodo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Congratulations on your purchase. It's the best selling device on the market and will continue to go strong for a very long time. I own five 20 watt and two 30 watt iSticks, all have performed incredibly well and I have no regrets whatsoever. I have the 50 watt on order as well, silver was a good choice. As far as tanks go, the entire Subtank series is excellent and you can't go wrong with any of the three. It will ultimately come down to your spending budget and whether you prefer a 6ml tank with a 25mm base but can be converted to 22mm with the ring or 4.5ml tank with a 22ml base. I enjoy them both. One advantage with the larger Subtank is that you can use your Aerotank coils in it. The mini had improved on their deck and you no longer have to change the top cap to convert into an RBA. You can get them here for a very good price www.evape.us. Enjoy your silver Istick:)
Im loving it haha. Though I did manage to burn out my mini subtank stock coil in 2 days. This little mod is a beast.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really like the OCC coils for the Subtank. My 1.2 ohm heads last longer than the sub ohm due to the higher current but both seem to last for a good period of time. I get about two weeks before it starts to lose flavor which at that point I just change them. If I had more time I could rebuild but at the price I pay for them it's not an issue for me. You're right it's a beastly device. Take care of it and it will last you a long time.

VU Sponsors