Become a Patron!

iStick Pico X - first impressions

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So once again Eleaf has issued a newer version of the Pico. The Pico has always been a beloved mod by many. Small, reliable and ergonomic, the Pico was a really new idea when it first came out with the top battery cap and simple menu. The iStick and iStick Pico boxes are among the best-selling mods ever. They are robust, simple and workhorses. Does this mod carry on the legend? This Pico has a softer more ergonomic feel and is less boxy. It also has nice rubberized finish. But it is the same 75W Pico we have come to love. However, it is now 2018.

First off the colors:
LGusQny.gif

So, okay they made some changes to the mod. They still use the bottom adjustment buttons. It is a very familiar screen in size and function. The battery tube is unchanged. You access the modes with three clicks. You get to settings with the fire/up simultaneous press. You turn on/off with five clicks. Yep essentially the same menu. And the same adjustments - .1 watt increments up to 20 watts and then 1 watt increments. The tank us the Melo 4 and the Melo series of tanks are nice. It is a decent coil, decent flavor and slide top fill. I've reviewed the Melo series before and they are well known. Lots of Melo coils will fit.

Like older Picos - no colour screen. But the screen is bright enough. Again the 510 can fit 22 mm atomizers. I get it. They wanted it super small. It is also a bit limiting. I tried a few atomizers that were slightly larger and they just did not fit. One has a gap above the 510. Another fit slanted. The Melo 4 fits fine but what else fits? It would have to be small and most atomizers are not that small.

So saying that and knowing I use power mode - it can do 75 watts. I tried the same atomizer on both the Pico S and my G Class and they felt the same at 75 watts. Like the old Pico, the TC is not consistent. Also if you set down the mod for over 3 minutes it asks if you have a new atomizer on it every time. Annoying.

Well here is the Isick Pico X beside an Aspire BreezeEQ pod for a size comparison

PCS5WL2.jpg

Pretty darn small and nice, no?

Parameters for iStick Pico X
Dimensions: 23 x 45 x 70.5mm
Output mode: VT-Ti / VT-Ni / VW / SS-Stainless Steel / TCR / Bypass Mode
Output wattage: 1 - 75W
Resistance range: 0.05 - 1.5 ohms for VT mode
Resistance range: 0.1 - 3.5 ohms for VW / Bypass Mode
Temperature range: 100 - 315C / 200 - 600F
Battery: 18650
Firmware Upgradeable
Tank Capacity: 2ml
Top Fill System
Now the tank. We have reviewed the Melos before. The 0.15 multi hole coil is kanthal - so no TC love there. It is your sliding top fill and it has decent flavour and coil life span but again hardly game changing.

Parameters for Melo 4 D22
Type: D22
Diameter: 22mm
Height: 52.5mm
E-liquid capacity: 2ml
Weight: 46.8g/52g
Thread type: 510 thread

Contents of box
iStick Pico x box mod (No Cell)
Melo 4 atomizer D22
2x EC-M 0.15 coil
QC USB cable
User manuals
Spare parts

So overall I like the mod. It certainly is not revolutionary. But you get a small, nicely designed mod with a good finish that vapes well in power mode And the price is right. But do not expect major changes from the old iStick Pico. I still like my Picos. Just don’t expect more from it than the original version. It has some annoying drawbacks. That said, yes, it looks great and works fine with the supplied tank. I do like the rubberized finish, the size and the softer curves. It’s just that devices have advanced since the OG Pico. This has not.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors