Become a Patron!

iStick Pico Baby Kit - Eleaf

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the iStick Pico Baby Kit from Eleaf. The iStick Pico Baby Kit was sent for the purpose of this review by Eleaf.

http://www.eleafworld.com/istick-pico-baby-kit/

In the Box

Contents:

1x iStick Pico Baby Battery
1x GS Baby atomizer (with GS Air 0.75ohm Head)
1x GS Air 0.75ohm Head
1x Spare parts
1x USB cable
1x Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The iStick Pico Baby is a tiny device with a nice ergonomic shape so it's swallowed up in the hand and great for a stealth vape. The GS Baby tank slots down into the Pico Baby leaving only approximately the top 15% plus drip-tip protruding out of the device. I received the Purple with Silver GS Baby but the device is also available in Red, Blue, Black, Greenery and Silver. Both front and back of the device has a viewing window so you can see the juice level in the tank and also branding is printed front and back in White. One side of the device is plain as is the other apart from a micro USB port at the bottom. The base of the device is silver with etched safety stamps and finally moving to the top we have the fire button one side and the hollow for the tank the other. The build quality is very good, as is the finish which feels durable.

GS Baby Specs:

Capacity: 2ml
Size: 15mm x 56mm
Thread: 510 thread
Slim and simple atomizer for easy vaping
Precisely adjustable bottom airflow system for best MTL vaping
Powerful GS air series coil heads for optimal flavor
Durable and elegant stainless steel construction
Colour: Black, Silver

GS Baby Overview

The GS Baby is another simple tank which is perfect for the beginner from Eleaf. The airflow i do like giving you the choice of a cyclops slot or a series of small holes so it can be used for both direct lung and mouth to lung and after trying both styles the GS baby does a good job of both. There is an extra piece included that screws over the 510 pin and the tank is then fitted to the Pico Baby magnetically. The drip-tip is a 510 which can be removed so if you prefer you can use a favourite 510. If you don't screw the extra piece on to the GS Baby then the tank can be used on other devices, the only issue i have with the tank is that it's bottom fill which is a big disappointment.

Pico Baby Specs:

Size: 50 x 41 x 23mm
Battery: Built-in 1050mAh
Battery Type: 20400
Max Output: 25W
Output voltage: 0.5-8V
Thread: 510
Safe lock for fire button
Colorful device with compact size
Direct output power for stable performance
Colours: Silver, Greenery, Purple, Black, Blue, Red

Using the Pico Baby

The Pico Baby is a direct output device firing from 0.4 but it does have a wattage cap of 25W and also all the various safety features you would expect. The device is the normal 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off, and that's it, no menu system or screen, just press the fire button and vape. The fire button has an inner and outer piece and when both are flush they operate as one piece and you can fire but the outer section can be screwed down which locks the firing mechanism, so no firing by accident while the device is in a bag or pocket. The device has a battery indication light which flashes at different tempos depending on battery life. When the battery is between 60% and 100% the light stays on for 5 seconds after a vape, when between 30% and 59% it flashes 4 times with 3 seconds between each flash. When the battery is between 10% and 29% the light flashes four times with just 1 second between each flash and finally when the battery is between 0% and 9% the light flashes rapidly 4 times.

Performance

For a starter device the Pico Baby performs great, it really does with no delay and consistent vape, i only really noticed a drop off when the battery went below 10%. Both coils provided with the GS Baby tank are 0.75 resistance and rated at between 8w and 25w so ideal for the device. The coil gave very average flavour when i had the airflow wide open and vaped direct lung but when used as a mouth to lung vape using the series of small holes i found the flavour very descent. The battery life isn't the best but it does give reasonable vape time with being a quite low wattage device. I don't own another 14mm tank but other 14mm tanks can be used by screwing the extra piece over the 510 pin. The other thing i found was although the device was swallowed up in the hand which was great, having the fire on the top seemed a bit unnatural and took a bit of getting use to.

Conclusion

As simple to use as a device gets, also the ability to DL and MTL with the GS Baby tank, lock mechanism and the stealthy nature makes the iStick Pico Baby Kit ideal for someone just starting vaping.

Pros

Good Build Quality
Pocket Friendly
Simple To Use
Lock Mechanism
Battery Light Indicator
Magnetically Fitting Tank
Nice Looking
Viewing Window
Nice Choice Of Colours
DL or MTL
Safety Features
Good Flavour MTL

Cons

Awkward Firing Position
Bottom Fill Tank
1050mAh Battery

I would once again like to thank Eleaf for sending the iStick Pico Baby Kit for the purpose of this review.

VU Sponsors