Become a Patron!

iStick 60w TC - Ghost ohms and no firing

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, now finally a question presents itself that I can't seem to find the answer for. I bought an iStick 60w TC about 2 weeks ago and it has been working well enough for me since then, along with the melo 2 it was a good upgrade over what I had and I have never had problems with eleaf in the past so I did not expect any trouble to brew up.

But a few days ago, in between hits while in TC-Ti mode using the .5 ohm Ti coil for the melo 2 (and an LG hg2 3000 mAh 20a battery I just purchased two days hence), it decided that it did not like calling my current coil a .5 ohm coil and that it was, in fact, a .8 ohm coil, and moments later a 1.2 ohm coil and a .1 ohm coil and would no longer fire it.

Obviously the iStick 60w TC did not singlehandedly alter the laws of physics so I removed the atomizer and the mod continued to display a .8 ohm reading even with nothing attached. I have endlessly tinkered, tried cleaning the pin 100 times, pushing it in and pulling it out, pushing the spring loaded negative battery contact in and out continuously (which actually got it to give me a "no atomizer attached" message for a few moments upon re inserting battery but then going right back to a .8 ohm reading).

So my obvious thought is that there is a short somewhere of some kind but my question is , is it really a short? I have a new mod coming in the mail and my biggest worry is that I did something somewhere that I am not thinking about that caused this or maybe the battery I was using caused it (which all my batteries seem to be in normal working order, running at 4.17-4.18 volts) and I will get the new mod and have the same thing happen.

Or is this just something that happened because of shoddy manufacturing and somewhere in either the battery post or 510 pin there is a sleeve that is not doing its job?

I would appreciate any help I can get, I really cannot find any scenarios online that match exactly what happened to me and its just been an overall crummy situation, I don't have tons of cash to drop into vape gear every month and expected this iStick to last me at least half a year and it went two weeks (and now with no warranty basically from store or manufacturer, even though I will raise hell about the latter if it seems as though it was not my doing.)

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Have you tried looking at the coil. It might not be on tight or maybe a lead isn't connected right. Never used the I stick 60 but it might be showing the .8 cause that was what the last ohms you had on the mod

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

No, I am fairly certain it's not anything to do with the atomizer because there is nothing actually attached and it's giving me a .8 reading.

I've tried fiddling with the connector pin too, still has not changed and won't fire.

VU Sponsors