Become a Patron!

istick 20w wont fully charge help!

Johnny

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Purchased this off an add on craigslist with a bunch of other stuff it came with the box and I was told it was 2 weeks old seems to be in good condition no dents or scratches only issue is when I plug it in to the charger it gets stuck charging 3/4ths the way and it won't shut off it will just try to charge and fail I drained the battery and it did the same thing please help much appreciated I gave it to my girl as a present and it turned out bunk

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey bud...that's a shitty situation to be stuck in...I hope you didn't pay much and the rest of the stuff you got with it is good. Since you bought it second hand it's not like you can exchange it, especially if the original owner bought it online. Since it's less than a month old and you have the box and everything you could try contacting Eleaf and see if they'll warranty it....it's a long shot but you never know till you try...the other thing you can do, that's even a longer shot since it was a craigslist buy, is to contact the original owner and see if he bought it online or has the receipt if he bought it at a brick and mortar and try to exchange it....otherwise if it works fine just with 3/4's the battery I'd just use it as a backup mod and not worry about it. They're fairly inexpensive if you need another (I know what it's like to vape on a tight budget, I haven't gotten a new anything in months,) but in the meanwhile it will serve well as an emergency mod or a mod to use if you forgot to have charged your main gear....sometimes it happens....it's always good to have a backup for your backup I say.

I wish you the best of luck.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Purchased this off an add on craigslist with a bunch of other stuff it came with the box and I was told it was 2 weeks old seems to be in good condition no dents or scratches only issue is when I plug it in to the charger it gets stuck charging 3/4ths the way and it won't shut off it will just try to charge and fail I drained the battery and it did the same thing please help much appreciated I gave it to my girl as a present and it turned out bunk
Are you charging this with a USB charger or Wall charger?
Have you made sure your 510 connection is clean?

Johnny

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks mad monkey that's what I needed to hear I got a mvp 20w in the deal along with tanks and juice the guy on craigslist blew me off when I asked about it at least juice and tanks can't fail me lol I will try hitting up eleaf and try couldn't hurt I'm kinda weird about things like if they don't charge or something I get obsessive it drives my girl nuts because I just like stuff to work as it should. Quick question I have 4 vape that I use daily at the end of the day I charge them all is this bad or should I let them die first idk kinda new here also im charging through the wall and clean the 510 with qtips daily I appreciate all the info you guys

Johnny

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I only paid 55 for all he wanted 120 I got a good deal but I'm glad I didn't pay more just because he lied ya know what I mean

Attachments

• 00e0e_k26FgsHSYQY_600x450.jpg
    00e0e_k26FgsHSYQY_600x450.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 7

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I would try a direct USB charge with a different cable.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks mad monkey that's what I needed to hear I got a mvp 20w in the deal along with tanks and juice the guy on craigslist blew me off when I asked about it at least juice and tanks can't fail me lol I will try hitting up eleaf and try couldn't hurt I'm kinda weird about things like if they don't charge or something I get obsessive it drives my girl nuts because I just like stuff to work as it should. Quick question I have 4 vape that I use daily at the end of the day I charge them all is this bad or should I let them die first idk kinda new here also im charging through the wall and clean the 510 with qtips daily I appreciate all the info you guys

First off forgive me, but I want to make sure I am understanding right when you say the Istick isn't working right. because if it's the MVP then you'd want to contact Innokin and not Eleaf

Ha, I know what you mean...I have my weird OCD tendencies myself...for example I have to look in the frig as soon as I get home and walk in the door at the end of the day, I know what's in there and I may not want anything out of it, but I have to look in it just the same or I'll go nuts, :) Plus, the last thing anyone wants is to buy something and not have it work as advertised....if he would have said it doesn't work right that's one thing but buying one thing and getting another just sucks...especially when you can't do much about it...trust me I know. On the plus side, from the looks of the picture you put up you got your money's worth and a half working Istick is just a free bonus and as bad as I feel for you that it doesn't work right...for 55 bucks you made out alright getting all that gear. Good enough I feel that you didn't get totally screwed anyways.

I used to clean all my gear every day when I started to but now I have so many mechs to keep up on it's more of a one a week and supplement as needed to keep things running good. Doesn't hurt to stay in the habit and not get lazy like me. Keeping things clean on the daily will make your stuff work better and last longer than just keeping up on the bare minimum. To answer your question about charging your batteries....it's actually better to charge your batteries at the end of the day before they are completely dead. Whether your battery is a built in Lipo pack like in the MVP and Istick or a IMR 18650 you would use in a mech or other regulated mod. These type of battery do not have a memory like a Nicad battery does....their lifespan is estimated in complete charging cycles from full to draining to it's lowest possible safe voltage and by charging a battery before completely draining it you're only running a partial cycle and therefore help keep it going that much longer because you're not stressing it as much. There are many other factors that play into a batteries lifespan and not just how many times you charge it but you won't hurt it by charging it before it's completely drained and can actually help it live a little longer as long as you're not stressing it in other ways. And if it's just a built in battery like on the Istick or MVP it's really hard to stress it in other ways because the chipset in the mod helps prevent battery damage as part of it's built in safety features. It's still possible for the chipset to fail, but all things working properly it will be just fine.

Hope this helps...any more questions please ask...and heed @Countrypami 's advice as well. She's one smart vaping cookie and I don't need to repeat her words :)

Johnny

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Country changed the cable here's a few pics monkey thanks for the info on the battery info definitely helped now I know everything is all good I'm going to give the other cable a shot if I can think of anything else I need to learn I'll ask you monkey or country thanks for the input I'll let you know how it goes worst case I'll use as back up

Attachments

• IMG_20150414_231530.jpg
    IMG_20150414_231530.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 3

Johnny

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Last pic won't charge past this point will update in 30

Attachments

• IMG_20150414_231309.jpg
    IMG_20150414_231309.jpg
    445.5 KB · Views: 3

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Country changed the cable here's a few pics monkey thanks for the info on the battery info definitely helped now I know everything is all good I'm going to give the other cable a shot if I can think of anything else I need to learn I'll ask you monkey or country thanks for the input I'll let you know how it goes worst case I'll use as back up

It looks like the battery is holding at 3 bars, it's good enough to be a backup. I am glad to try and help when I can and I hope the other cable does the trick. If not it's always good to have a back up for your back up. And you got a pink one, I know two people personally are holding out for that color to come back in stock just to buy it :) (all the girls love that color.)

Anything else, if you don't want to start a thread you can PM me. On the off chance I can't answer start a thread as well....chances are someone somewhere on here can give you the info you need :)

Johnny

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea I think if I don't stress the battery it will be fine I think in the next few weeks I'll be trying RDA so I'll have lots of questions for you I have 2 tag fun clones that I can't wait to rebuild I think my girl only wanted it because it was pink well stay up man you will definitely hear from me soon thanks again for the help/tips

VU Sponsors