Become a Patron!

Istick 20w with nautilus tank. Burnt taste

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have a friend with this setup & if he puts the watts above 10 then he gets a burnt taste. I asked him if he primed the coil before he vaped it . Said he did and put some on the wicking material...

He's using 70/30 blend in it and was told that the tank can't handle that juice. I was under the impression that it could? Anybody know?

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use 70/30 in my nautilus mini and my nautilus. However, with the full size nautilus BDCs I drill the juice holes out to 1/16" and run it @12-13 watts. If I don't I have to keep the watts way down.

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so he needs to drill the coils out?

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The iStick 20w output that it shows is not typical... it uses Average ( ie MEAN ) instead of the industry standard for a PWM device of RMS in it's calculations and can be a lot higher than you'd expect to find on other mods... Set the output for what tastes best and works... don't go by what the settings are showing, they can be as far as 80-90% higher but typically are in the 10-20% higher range.

This issue was addressed in the newer 30w and 50w models... but the 20w one still has it.

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like rdsok says try lowering the wattage first, but for me it just wasn't enough vapor at low wattages. I would try drilling one careful, go slow, be ready to back out as soon as the bit goes through the casing. Maybe try 2 out of the 4 holes first and if it's still dry do the other 2. I drill all 4 of mine every time now, in fact I do all my coils at one time as soon as I bring em home!

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm thinking he might not have primed it well... I used higher VG in mine and he's been using it for a week or so only happened once he changed his coil.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use bvc coils and let new ones sit in the tank basically overnight to help with priming. I just use a different tank when I change the coils on one and that seems to work best for me.

VU Sponsors