1. LIVE: DISCUSSWELLNESS.COM LAPTOP GIVEAWAY: *NOW OPEN*

VAPING UNDERGROUNDS FORUM SOFTWARE IS BEING UPGRADED.

Is this set up possible for a good vape?

Discussion in 'Ask An Expert' started by greyhoundrick, Jun 10, 2017.

1. greyhoundrick

greyhoundrick

Blog Posts:
    Hi Everyone,

New vaper here. Thank for allowing me to participate in the group!

I wanted to tell you what my current set up is and why I enjoy it. Also, why it doesn't really make sense lol.

I have friends who vape a lot and they normally have their sub ohm mods with airflow wide open and produce big clouds and big flavor.

I have tried a variety of settings and combinations and have settled on this as my "ideal vape". The only thing I don't understand is that I don't think it makes sense and was wondering if this set up seems odd to you.

I find my favorite vape (so far) has been on my iStick 60w TC mod with a Melo 2 tank. I vape at 18 watts with a .3ohm stock coil from eLeaf. I keep the airflow at about 25%. What I'm getting is excellent flavor, average clouds (which is fine for me) and a cooler vape temperature.

Does this sound like a set up that anyone you know would use? I know that this is a very personal preference, but I was just curious what you think.

I use a 50/50 blend of juice (0 nic) and am a direct lung vaper.

Thanks so much for your time and expertise. I appreciate it!

best to you,

Rick

snake94115 likes this.
  2. Mike H.

Mike H. Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    If thats where you enjoy the vape then thats all that matters...i own 2 eleaf 60w tc mods and plenty of tankz similar to a melo 2 style tank..nothing wrong with the vape i get from it all though i like a bit more power.

greyhoundrick likes this.
  3. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Terrible wingman. Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'm an above ohm, airy MTL vaper at very low watts. Tons of flavor, happy with my set up. You happy, we happy. Welcome aboard! :wave:

4. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the group.
    Your setup sounds similar to one of my fav setups.
    Subtank mini with .4 SS316 coil in the RBA vaping at 18 watts.
    And I have been vaping for 2.5 years.

Don't let anyone kid ya. There are far more low wattage vapers than clouds bro clouds vapers.

5. greyhoundrick

greyhoundrick

Blog Posts:
    Mike H, Huckleberried, and The Cromwell,

Thanks so much for the great input!

You've enlightened me! I thought what I was doing was really unorthodoxed, but I guess its not too weird lol

Happy to be onboard with you folks and have a wonderful day! :)

Huckleberried and The Cromwell like this.
  6. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Do whatever works for you and for the people that tell you you are doing it wrong just smile and keep on enjoying your vape.

greyhoundrick and JuicyLucy like this.
  7. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Vape long and well my new friend :wave:

Not a cloud chaser here either

8. greyhoundrick

greyhoundrick

Blog Posts:
    The Cromwell and Lucy, thanks so much! Im looking forward to interacting and learning from you!! :)

snake94115 likes this.
  9. snake94115

snake94115 Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Some people will say vaping is subjective.When in actuality Vaping is a more of a personal journey.If you're happy with your vape why change?

10. Whitesoxfan2579

Whitesoxfan2579 Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Welcome and congrats on finding the set up that works for you. Vape On! :cool:

11. ChrisL

ChrisL VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to VU. Out of all of the Isticks out there, the 60w is the most underrated. It is well made device that just works. I have been trying to retire mine in favor of dual/triple 18650 mods, but it is still in rotation.

snake94115 likes this.