Become a Patron!

IPV4 S Temp Control Box Mod 120W ni200 & Ti, Black and Silver

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not only that. It goes to the motives and general integrity of the decision makers at P4Y. We're seeing another example with the firmware update for the IPV4, as we speak. Doing the bare minimum to appease a select few, they display very little concern for the bulk of their existing customers legitimate and, given their available resources, relatively simple to address issues. They can't be trusted.
+1

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A little off topic, I see you removed your post, is there a way to delete a post?
I did no such thing my friend. I was replying to a question about the 9 volt cyclo balance charger on the iPV4S,
For post's I don't think you can delete them ,but you can ask one of the awesome staff members or mods to do it, if you ask.nicely :)

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not only that. It goes to the motives and general integrity of the decision makers at P4Y. We're seeing another example with the firmware update for the IPV4, as we speak. Doing the bare minimum to appease a select few, they display very little concern for the bulk of their existing customers legitimate and, given their available resources, relatively simple to address issues. They can't be trusted.

I facepalmed so hard that they just bumped the power and added Ti support without fixing any of the issues it has been stuck with since release.

Elite Vapes USA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I have no control over what P4Y decides to do as a company, however I can assure you that if you purchase from us you will receive only the best customer service. If you receive a defective device or if the device becomes defective within the given warranty time we will send you a brand new one, no questions asked. You will never have to contact P4Y or anyone else for that matter.

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have no control over what P4Y decides to do as a company, however I can assure you that if you purchase from us you will receive only the best customer service. If you receive a defective device or if the device becomes defective within the given warranty time we will send you a brand new one, no questions asked. You will never have to contact P4Y or anyone else for that matter.
You make a compelling case and, for the record, I have no issues with my IPV4. I originally ordered it before they had even announce it would have the temperature control functionality. I just wanted a decent, reasonably priced, device with replaceable dual 18650s. Temperature control was just gravy, but I'm glad I have it now. There's no going back. I'm gonna give you guys a look. I wouldn't mind having another backup for my backups. You can PM me that extra special, super secret coupon code, if you want. I won't tell.

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just wanted to add that a member sent me a pm with this photo of his fried IPV4...suspect it shorted in the charging board although the charger was never used..
43d36e0e4e3971b6abcf29d866d30292.jpg

Because of this scare I took the charging board out of my IPV4 and tried to fix the mirror display at the same time..its brighter but could be a little clearer..
IPV4 has some issues for sure but it still has been a very good mod for me
cbc000812379b2717a986d6a4898ba48.jpg

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just wanted to add that a member sent me a pm with this photo of his fried IPV4...suspect it shorted in the charging board although the charger was never used..
Hey Jimmy, take a look at my post Friday, #82
43d36e0e4e3971b6abcf29d866d30292.jpg

Because of this scare I took the charging board out of my IPV4 and tried to fix the mirror display at the same time..its brighter but could be a little clearer..
IPV4 has some issues for sure but it still has been a very good mod for me
cbc000812379b2717a986d6a4898ba48.jpg

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I seen your post... But I'm one of those who want and want it now.. Lol
Just cut the charge board out of my #2 IPV4...its all good!

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
found the sleeves on sleezebay $8.95 a piece same company that makes the ipv4 sleeves.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all,

Well I received my new screen cover this past Monday from KMG, they deliver. It is great being able to see the OLED outside or in any bright light, in fact it is so bright I use my IPV4 now to light up my front door lock when I get home at 10pm, just great.

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all,

Well I received my new screen cover this past Monday from KMG, they deliver. It is great being able to see the OLED outside or in any bright light, in fact it is so bright I use my IPV4 now to light up my front door lock when I get home at 10pm, just great.
That's good to know. After reading your first post about it last Friday, I contacted them and have one on the way. I have to say they were a pleasure to deal with. Thanks for the heads-up!

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's good to know. After reading your first post about it last Friday, I contacted them and have one on the way. I have to say they were a pleasure to deal with. Thanks for the heads-up!
They are very nice people, in a phone conversation with Jacob he informed me that they offer a 10% discount coupon. Just ask when you place an order with them, something to think about, they are the source for Pioneer products.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They are very nice people, in a phone conversation with Jacob he informed me that they offer a 10% discount coupon. Just ask when you place an order with them, something to think about, they are the source for Pioneer products.
Hmmmm.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all,

I saw the IPV4S for sale at Vaporrange.com and sent them a e-mail with some questions, this is their response.

Hello,

I'm looking at the IPV4S, you say redesigned visual operating system, just what does that mean as compared to the IPV4, and what else has been changed on the IPV4S as compared to the IPV4, is the S rechargeable.

Sorry for the delayed response we are closed on weekends.

By visual operating system, we mean the display. It's colors are more vibrant and the fonts were changed to make it easier to read as some customers stated the screen was dull and hard on the eyes. They also gave the IPV4S more power compared to the previous model.

No the IPV4S is not chargeable via USB.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Team Vaporrange.com

I hope this post gives anybody thinking about the IPV4S some useful insight.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, basically it's a firmware upgraded 4 with a different display window and charging board removed... ok... keeping my 4!

No matter where you go, take your Vape!

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
P4Y does it again! I just heard that they are releasing the ipv3li-vr which will be a 200w device. I just can't believe they think we are that stupid! What a slap in the face to anyone who buys their products! Won't be an issue for me, I own my last P4Y product.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
P4Y does it again! I just heard that they are releasing the ipv3li-vr which will be a 200w device. I just can't believe they think we are that stupid! What a slap in the face to anyone who buys their products! Won't be an issue for me, I own my last P4Y product.
The 200w firmware update has been available at Pioneer's web site for a couple of weeks I think for the Li, the VR is carbon fiber.
Here is a link to the new Li.
https://www.vaporrange.com/Pioneer4...arbon-Fiber-200W-p/pioneer4you-ipv3-li-vr.htm

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I don't get why an upgrade is a slap in the face. Does the IPV3li not work right at 165w or upgraded?
Would you rather they put upgrades in a different box and only use firmware to fix problems?

The real slap in the face is Smok coming out with temperature control without mention of their previous temperature control fraud.

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't get why an upgrade is a slap in the face. Does the IPV3li not work right at 165w or upgraded?
Would you rather they put upgrades in a different box and only use firmware to fix problems?

The real slap in the face is Smok coming out with temperature control without mention of their previous temperature control fraud.

The slap in the face is from being used as a paid beta tester for a device that P4U themselves know will be out of date by the time the preorders even ship.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The slap in the face is from being used as a paid beta tester for a device that P4U themselves know will be out of date by the time the preorders even ship.

OK, I think I understand. The slap in the face isn't about the IVP3 Li or any future incarnation, it's that P4U still exists after they screwed you over on some other model.

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It wouldn't be as bad if this was the first time they'd done it.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It wouldn't be as bad if this was the first time they'd done it.

Can't say I disagree with that. I like them, my iVP mini 2's work fine, my iVP4 works fine. But I do know what came before the minis I have and about the early 4's. I want multiple D2's, but especially if it doesn't have update port I'm definitely going to be waiting.

Anybody had trouble with the ipv4 upgrade not running with titanium in temp mode? I know of three that wont do it. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

WharfRat1976

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone buy the ipv4s..Mine just came. Put a dual Ti, 6mmg, 9/8 wrap, 3mmID, .23ohm build on it. Went through all the steps. Have no clue if I am vaping in TC mode. The atty is firing at 40 joules, 398F and tastes great. Still have no clue what will happen with a dry wick...lol

If it's in Joules you're in TC mode. It's important to select Ti wire from the menu, and set the resistance when cold (room temp). I always do a cotton burn test to check for hot spots and accuracy before I actually wick and vape my TC builds.

WharfRat1976

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It won't fire and you will get a DRY COIL message on the screen. If you are in Joule mode it is TC, assuming you used nickel or Ti coils.
Not necessarily. The mod will fire in Joules mode, 100% yes. When the wick runs dry....it still fires in Joules mode.

The only difinitive way to know is when vaping you "can feel" the temp back down OR when the wicketh runneth dryeth you get the dry coil no liquid message.

Again, the mod will fire in Joules mode but not be in TC mode.

Incidentally, I read somewhere YiHi call it Joules mode because Evolv actually patented "watts mode" for their DNA board. Crazy, huh. Believable, yes.

VU Sponsors