Become a Patron!

IPV3 Li V2 Firmware Question

Hello, I recently purchased an IPV3 Li V2 and I am wondering if an update is yet available for the 200w modification. On P4Y's website I see an upgrade for the original IPV3 Li; but not the V2. I am wondering if these upgrades are universal between the two devices, or if it would not work or even possibly break my device. My main concern is that by "upgrading" I would lose some of the improvements that the V2 provides, and actually be downgrading to the original Li's firmware with the exception of the 200w capacity.

Already googled it with no results. Any help would be great. I think the chips are just slightly different but I don't want to downgrade to firmware designed for the V1 except it can go to 200w, or even break my device. I have emailed P4U as well as a reddit post. First time poster here so please be patient.

Thanks everyone.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
IMHO, I would not even think about screwing with trying for an upgrade before it has been tested and retested by others.

PS, Welcome to the Underground!

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello, I recently purchased an IPV3 Li V2 and I am wondering if an update is yet available for the 200w modification. On P4Y's website I see an upgrade for the original IPV3 Li; but not the V2. I am wondering if these upgrades are universal between the two devices, or if it would not work or even possibly break my device. My main concern is that by "upgrading" I would lose some of the improvements that the V2 provides, and actually be downgrading to the original Li's firmware with the exception of the 200w capacity.

Already googled it with no results. Any help would be great. I think the chips are just slightly different but I don't want to downgrade to firmware designed for the V1 except it can go to 200w, or even break my device. I have emailed P4U as well as a reddit post. First time poster here so please be patient.

Thanks everyone.
I don't believe there is a V2 of this device.

VU Sponsors