Become a Patron!

IPV Mini possible hazard

SpaceCadet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My IPV Mini leaks inside from 510, could be unsafe to use?

Last edited:

2BZ4THOT

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After a few weeks with my IPV mini the screen started to scramble on me...lots of folks said to send it in to Asmodus but I decided to try something different...I'd noticed that the battery cap was crap so I wondered about its conductivity and whether that might be tripping a sensor on the board. I took off the Batt. Cap and lined the inside with heavy gauge aluminum foil and "Presto" ....No more screen scramble. It also cured my Krazy Battery Sag issues. My Vtc4 would sag from full to totally empty. I understand you've got condensation troubles but I'm just sharing a solution to screen scramble that worked great for me. No screen scramble since super bowl Sunday and it was messing up about once an hour before. I'd have to pull the batt. and restart.....Anyways, my 2 cents for you....

SpaceCadet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it leaks inside.

Last edited:

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
not really a good way to seal a spring loaded pin inside of a 510. About the only way to have a seal that is cost effective is to have a screw in adjustable or fixed 510, id rather just not overdrip/use leaky 510 attys than have a fixed/screw pin

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it's spring loaded so what did you expect?
Get an atty that doesn't leak from the bottom, or get a heat sink.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors