Become a Patron!

IPV 5 problem

i just got an IPV5 a week ago, brand new, just a few days ago it started saying "short" or "low resistance" the ohms keep jumping from nothing to .25 which is the coils max, and it wont even run on my RDA, any ideas on what could be the issue?

Scy123

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Loose leads and dirty contacts would be what I would check for first.

Second would be if the 510 pin on the mod is damaged or sticking.

Third would be to try other tanks to see if they work.

Cuppa noodz

Member For 4 Years
Hope your able to get the mod working properly. Sounds like an RDA/tank problem, not so much a IPV5 problem. I've been enjoying mine, although not without issues. I had the 75w max problem, but googled it and problem solved. Then, I had an issue where one of the magnets popped off from the door, but it was easily re-attached with some super glue. For the money, I'm very happy with the mod, even though I believe me IPV3LI to still be superior.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine started doing the same a few days ago...but it s been reading .03ohms for a .38ohm and such , tried another tank and same thing... Gonna try cleaning it again. Might have to replace the 510

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Logal , did you ever get your issue sorted?

Much to my surprise, my IPV5 has not given me any issues except for the adjustment buttons not responding on occasion and the finish being kinda delicate. Otherwise it's been solid and I've been impressed.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not trying to be a jerk but are you resetting the resistance when you switch tanks? I know I've forgotten on occasion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not trying to be a jerk but are you resetting the resistance when you switch tanks? I know I've forgotten on occasion.

When I first got my IPV5 I was so excited to try out the TC and compare it to my other mods, I forgot to lock in the resistance. This led me to set the TCR a lot higher than it needed to be. When I posted a mini review, I mentioned what TCR value I was using and one of our more knowledgeable members here gently brought it to my attention that might be the issue. It can happen to any of us; even a genius like myself :)

Cuppa noodz

Member For 4 Years
Update. My ipv5 now has major issues. First, when I put new batteries in it, half the time it reads a message that says Yihi sx etc. etc. and won't leave this particular screen at all. After a few times of taking the batteries out and reinstalling them, it eventually starts up, but after a few drags, it fires itself without pushing the fire button. HUGE FIRE HAZARD!! I will be contacting a repair service soon, as it is still under warranty. Wish me luck. Will update further.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Update. My ipv5 now has major issues. First, when I put new batteries in it, half the time it reads a message that says Yihi sx etc. etc. and won't leave this particular screen at all. After a few times of taking the batteries out and reinstalling them, it eventually starts up, but after a few drags, it fires itself without pushing the fire button. HUGE FIRE HAZARD!! I will be contacting a repair service soon, as it is still under warranty. Wish me luck. Will update further.
Sorry to hear that bro. Where did you buy it? Some of these online vendors have awesome return policies. Some of them just have great customer service. If it's not to old I would check with them first.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
http://vapesocietysupply.com

Not sure what their policy is, but they have great pricing, and always stock the newest products. I'll contact them first.
I've ordered from them many of times but I have never had to interact with them because of a problem. They seem like a great outfit. They always shipped super fast. Why don't you reach out to them first? See what they say. Maybe they can help.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let us know what they say. I've ordered a few things from them and they ship quick and have great prices. Adding good CS to that list would put them up on my list. Good luck

Cuppa noodz

Member For 4 Years
VSS told me that their personal warranty only extends to 2 weeks and that I would have to go through an IPV repair service. I actually thought they might help me out since the guy on the phone seemed shocked at the epic number of orders I've placed with them. I'll call IPV later today and update you all through the process.

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
VSS told me that their personal warranty only extends to 2 weeks and that I would have to go through an IPV repair service. I actually thought they might help me out since the guy on the phone seemed shocked at the epic number of orders I've placed with them. I'll call IPV later today and update you all through the process.
Based on your description, it sounds like the fire button is sticking. The auto-fire condition, and the logos coming up, when you install batteries. I believe the logos coming up, is SUPPOSED to happen IF you hold the fire button while inserting batteries.

Any chance eliquid got behind the buttons?

If you don't have any luck through warranty, depending on your skill level and whether you feel comfortable or not; you could always disassemble it, to see if cleaning the fire button helps. It looks pretty easy to take apart :

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Based on your description, it sounds like the fire button is sticking. The auto-fire condition, and the logos coming up, when you install batteries. I believe the logos coming up, is SUPPOSED to happen IF you hold the fire button while inserting batteries.

Any chance eliquid got behind the buttons?

If you don't have any luck through warranty, depending on your skill level and whether you feel comfortable or not; you could always disassemble it, to see if cleaning the fire button helps. It looks pretty easy to take apart :

Tried taking apart and cleaning the 510 on mine cuz it's giving me the low resistance error(even with no atty on it shows .03 ohms) any thoughts?

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now getting all 0's no matter what's on it.... probably gonna try replacing the 510

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Nephurus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just had a 2nd ipv5 do this , cleaned it up and now wont even respond when the fire button is pressed, im done with the line and now to look for a better device

VU Sponsors