Become a Patron!

Interesting Bit

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As per this linked handout, 1 can of 1.2 oz moist snuff contains 88 mg of nicotine. Granted, it is dated for 2012 and appears to come from University of Florida. I was going to try figuring out how much nicotine would be in a rough pinch sized rub of snuff. A pinch though is fairly subjective. One can use an index finger and thumb, or an "archer's" three finger pinch.

Had a recent discussion with a former Ranger buddy regarding the "archer's" pinch. It was in a different context all together, however. We both agreed it was too dark for civilian discussion. Suffice it to say, our memories dredged up stuff you don't turn off.

I'm too math illiterate to even attempt a baseline of how much nicotine would be in a rub of snuff. Looking at the handout, would hazard at least a somewhat intelligent hypothesis it is far more than in a single cigarette. That would surely explain why young "country" folk get addicted to it so easily, quickly.

Thanks to vaping for getting me away from cigarettes, mostly. If not for annual bronchitis, I might even get away from snuff. Seems that yearly occurrence is too much temptation for me and I get caught up dual using snuff and vaping. Yes, I know there are abounding alternatives to snuff. Not quite found one that satisfies me so far. Seeing what seems a very high nicotine concentration, helps me better understand why that may be.

Well, just an interesting bit to ponder, maybe discuss.

VU Sponsors