Become a Patron!

in your opinion...

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You are the second person that I have heard complain about Acerig as a manufacturer recently. Wonder whats up with them? I thought they did a stellar job with the Manhattan clone, but that is the only Acerig product that I have ever used. Good to know though ;)
I've read your review on the Acerig Manhattan, and don't doubt they did a good job. As I said, I ken someone who placed a bulk order and received the clones before they were showing up on vendor sites, so the issue could be remedied. All I know is that I don't even use the thing. The switch is really nice in fact, just every time you adjust for battery rattle, it screws in when you screw on the top cap or switch. I developed a technique, but no longer need it as my collection has grown.

And again, the 4Nine is a tricky little beast. Been vaping on it tonight. I would yank that thing away from a new mech user immediately. I always make sure to be able to hear my atty fire when using it, and don't use a couple attys with it. If I use my VTC5's, it auto fires everything, so it gets LG action. Love the thing, just have to treat it with an extra degree of respect. I'm not surprised to hear it has the highest user failure rate, you could innocently get yourself in trouble with the thing.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The authentic 4nine was created with the intention of being used ONLY with nipple top batteries ... so those are not shit clones, they are proper clones. The use of nipple top battery has two purposes, #1 decreasing the probability of short (smaller contact surface area), and #2 shortening the throw of the switch (long 510 + nipple = micro throw).

This mech was never intended for use with flat tops, although many have done so, some with issues and some without. I have used a flat top with my 4nines, but would only do so with a 510 pin that protrudes at least 2mm beyond the 510 threads.
You are talking to me, baby!

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I've read your review on the Acerig Manhattan, and don't doubt they did a good job. As I said, I ken someone who placed a bulk order and received the clones before they were showing up on vendor sites, so the issue could be remedied. All I know is that I don't even use the thing. The switch is really nice in fact, just every time you adjust for battery rattle, it screws in when you screw on the top cap or switch. I developed a technique, but no longer need it as my collection has grown.

And again, the 4Nine is a tricky little beast. Been vaping on it tonight. I would yank that thing away from a new mech user immediately. I always make sure to be able to hear my atty fire when using it, and don't use a couple attys with it. If I use my VTC5's, it auto fires everything, so it gets LG action. Love the thing, just have to treat it with an extra degree of respect. I'm not surprised to hear it has the highest user failure rate, you could innocently get yourself in trouble with the thing.

I totally agree about the 4nine .. When the clone first came out I was working overtime to try to keep new mech users away from it, and for advanced users to research how to use it properly. I've had two 4nine's and never had a days trouble with either of them. The Praxis is looking pretty sweet now as well, and the switch on it is sick ... looking forward to reviewing that one as the clone in production right now. :)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@Nikkita6 honey, have you heard of a clone manufacturer called Eyco? I haven't, know anything about it?

Yes, I am familiar with Eycotech, but they are mainly a reseller/supplier, they don't make any current or high demand products. But they do resell every popular item on the market. As a reseller they are legit though, as in they will not run off with your money. :p

If you get a 4nine, I have a nice review on it over in the review section of the forum with everything you need to know in order to keep from blowing yourself up, lol. :D

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you want the form factor of a 4nine, but something more reliable, and easy to deal with; these look like the hot ticket right now.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If you want the form factor of a 4nine, but something more reliable, and easy to deal with; these look like the hot ticket right now.

The 4nine is VERY reliable! I also had the Smpl and whilst is is quite good, you have to invest in c clip pliers in order to break down the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The 4nine is VERY reliable! I also had the Smpl and whilst is is quite good, you have to invest in c clip pliers in order to break down the switch.

You "had one"? They haven't been on the market long. I own 3 4nines, and although I like them;

Magnets lost magnetism in one of them, necessitating replacement

Unessessary seams for a mod that gets used in mostly 18650 mode by most people. Not all the clones thread together seamless; though mine do

A switch that can be crunchy if the battery length isn't perfect.

Smpl mod = thread on your atty, drop in a battery, and twist the switch in til it's snug.

I don't own one, and i doubt you did either. You just saw the c clips, and decided it would be a PITA. I've never heard of them having switch problems.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol. I don't care what you believe as I have nothing to prove to you. I owned a God Box for exactly one week and post pics of everything I own or have owned. On the 4nine, the button on the clone IS crunchy when used in reverse polarity mode. I don't use it that way, so I have no issues. Track my past posts and you will see my patina'd 4nine.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So in conclusion, you are basing your opinion on a mod you have fuck all experience with aye?

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Look asshole, reading comprehension > you.

I didn't question the fact that you own a 4nine, I questioned whether or not you actually owned a SMPL.

Your post REAKED of total BS.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ahh name calling! You are too immature to converse with any longer. Have a lovely day and remember that God loves you.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You "owned one, but got rid of it" they haven't been out that long

You speculated about the switch being a pita, but gave zero examples of any problems you had.

If you really owned one; you would've gladly posted your REASONING for getting rid of it.

BS CALLED

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Right, then he wouldn't have just lied through his teeth.

That was an OBVIOUS BS post. Sorry, but I call em as I see em.

you may want to reserve judgement until you actually know someone. @franciscan is a very generous man. he buys things, then PIF's them. they don't need to have a problem for him to "get rid of it".

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thank you, I have one. (copper/brass button) FT has an all copper one if you're interested, but I don't know who makes those.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You "had one"? They haven't been on the market long. I own 3 4nines, and although I like them;

Magnets lost magnetism in one of them, necessitating replacement

Unessessary seams for a mod that gets used in mostly 18650 mode by most people. Not all the clones thread together seamless; though mine do

A switch that can be crunchy if the battery length isn't perfect.

Smpl mod = thread on your atty, drop in a battery, and twist the switch in til it's snug.

I don't own one, and i doubt you did either. You just saw the c clips, and decided it would be a PITA. I've never heard of them having switch problems.
Wowee! Is this conversation really happening? Mr. ButtKickers, about 10-14 days ago I posted a pic of my "little friend(SMPL)" in my hand to show to Franny and another member. Upon seeing the pic, Fran then spoke to me about it and the one that he had. Now, I think we're all being nice here considering your jaded and angry nature. I don't suppose you think I'm lying, too? The least you can do is apologize to the guy, shake his hand and call it a day. We all have shit to deal with and we come here to have a little fun, not get attacked. Thanks for listening, I hope you work it out.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Nikkita6 , saw the review, it's great. I asked MFS who makes the 4nines they're selling and they said Eyco. That's why I asked. So, I replied with the info you gave me. Considering the different lengths, according to what clone you buy, it sounds like tricky (maybe risky) business. I've been looking to buy my first 26650 mod and saw that 4nine also has one. But this could mean an even bigger explosion! :p Had my eyes on the Mutant, too. Thanks for the help, doll.:)

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah... I definitely trust @franciscan I would be shocked if he were lying or embellishing, nor do I see any reason why he would. I have a pretty good feel for the common posters here, and he seems like a damn solid and honest guy. Plus, what's to gain by lying about owning a mod. Some people don't like stuff others love. I hate stingrays for instance, owned two, passed em on. They're one of the most popular mods out there.

Let's all be friends :)

skitlz_oh_geezy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you all for all of the information and help. Since it seems you all do know a lot about products and such. I have another thread asking about good ohm meters at a good price. Any suggestions? Someone on the other thread suggested a smok meter that someone from this site is selling.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Happens to us all

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

skitlz_oh_geezy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have a friend selling a atmonixani nemesis clone. Are they any good. Most of the reviews I have seen so far look pretty good but you guys seem to know alot

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks buddy, I guess I was a bit menstrual that day lol
I have to admit, I'd been thinkin of you and wondered if I could find a way to make us all friends. Well, praise be to Jesus, my prayers were answered!:D

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have to admit, I'd been thinkin of you and wondered if I could find a way to make us all friends. Well, praise be to Jesus, my prayers were answered!:D
I was nursing a sinus infection, and quite miserable that day. Quite out of character for me, and frankly I'm,.. Embaressed

skitlz_oh_geezy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good to see my thread has become a conversation section on bad moods rather than the actual topic I posted... Really helpful.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was nursing a sinus infection, and quite miserable that day. Quite out of character for me, and frankly I'm,.. Embaressed
Here, you can borrow my trophy. I'm still embarrassed about things I've said 2 weeks ago.
images

skitlz_oh_geezy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Am I the only one who finds this grumpy post ironic? Lol
Just saying I have asked two questions and gotten no response but a bunch of response about a grumpy post days ago. I joined this forum for help but its whatever.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just saying I have asked two questions and gotten no response but a bunch of response about a grumpy post days ago. I joined this forum for help but its whatever.
I'm in between shifts and about to fall asleep but I'll try to answer your ?s :D

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nemesis and ohm meter? Never heard that cloner before but I'm no clone expert. I usually go to Twisted 420 for clone info. He's the clone king, if I may say so. The group on FT are pretty knowledgeable about all the clones. I've never been steered wrong by them except for the occasional goonballer.
I may be wrong about this but ohm meters are pretty simple devices that don't need to be expensive unless you want one that's hefty and unbreakable. I paid $10 for mine w/510 connection only (don't need no 808) do you? It's a simple, little no namer. It does the job but I wouldn't want to step on it. Found it on ebay. Idk if I'm helping, but I tried:)

skitlz_oh_geezy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nemesis and ohm meter? Never heard that cloner before but I'm no clone expert. I usually go to Twisted 420 for clone info. He's the clone king, if I may say so. The group on FT are pretty knowledgeable about all the clones. I've never been steered wrong by them except for the occasional goonballer.
I may be wrong about this but ohm meters are pretty simple devices that don't need to be expensive unless you want one that's hefty and unbreakable. I paid $10 for mine w/510 connection only (don't need no 808) do you? It's a simple, little no namer. It does the job but I wouldn't want to step on it. Found it on ebay. Idk if I'm helping, but I tried:)
Thank you for your help. I am looking for a different one because the one I got from my local smoke shop is inaccurate. I guess I am probably going to give the one suggested on my other thread a try. And I will hit him up and ask him what he thinks about that one. Thank you again for the help. =]

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@skitiz_oh_geezy I forgot, tag Nikkita6. She knows everything about that stuff.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for your help. I am looking for a different one because the one I got from my local smoke shop is inaccurate. I guess I am probably going to give the one suggested on my other thread a try. And I will hit him up and ask him what he thinks about that one. Thank you again for the help. =]
Just curious. How do u know it's inaccurate?

skitlz_oh_geezy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just curious. How do u know it's inaccurate?
  1. < I don't know why this one is here but I did a side by side comparison with a couple other ones at a shop. And I ended up getting an akuma yesterday.

VU Sponsors