Become a Patron!

In need of large-ish durable tank. Help?

I just recently ordered a MVP 20 watt first off. right now I've been using a Kanger EVOD battery with some cheap "motofo vivi tank." The part i'm stuck on is the tank. I would like something fairly large, durable (I'm in construction.) and something that isn't going to spontaneously burst into flames if i run 20 watts on it for shits n giggles. I've mainly been stuck between the nautilus and Areotank, but the fact they are glass is eh, and I've been reading a lot of stuff saying the Nautilus is brass, which is apparently not so good for you. the fact that i want it at least 3.5 ml isn't helping my case, but working 12 hour shifts i cant stop to change tanks or refill. hope thread is in the right section.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just recently ordered a MVP 20 watt first off. right now I've been using a Kanger EVOD battery with some cheap "motofo vivi tank." The part i'm stuck on is the tank. I would like something fairly large, durable (I'm in construction.) and something that isn't going to spontaneously burst into flames if i run 20 watts on it for shits n giggles. I've mainly been stuck between the nautilus and Areotank, but the fact they are glass is eh, and I've been reading a lot of stuff saying the Nautilus is brass, which is apparently not so good for you. the fact that i want it at least 3.5 ml isn't helping my case, but working 12 hour shifts i cant stop to change tanks or refill. hope thread is in the right section.

Aerotank V2 comes with a stainless steel chamber also :D No glass. It's what I use when I'm out working in the woods and want something I don't have to worry about. It makes it kind of a pain to see down inside though. One other option could be the Kanger EMOW - it has a pretty rugged sleeve on it but still has a window on the side so you can see where your juice levels are at. Either of those will work fine on an MVP20
Good luck!

Edit: just saw where you want bigger capacity - I don't think either of those will do it for you on that front. You could look into something like a kayfun or orchid with a stainless tank section but those would need you to build coils and such. Maybe someone else will have a better option that meets your other criteria as well. Or just get a couple of tanks and have one ready to go at all times.

well now that i think about it i probably could just carry a small 5ml bottle of liquid with me and refill if i must on lunch...
is the aerotank v2 capable of handling high wattage? i mean i doubt ill regularly vape at 20w but i can almost guarantee ill crank it up there once or twice.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
20 watts on an Aero tank is gonna burn the juice. You won't like it.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well now that i think about it i probably could just carry a small 5ml bottle of liquid with me and refill if i must on lunch...
is the aerotank v2 capable of handling high wattage? i mean i doubt ill regularly vape at 20w but i can almost guarantee ill crank it up there once or twice.

It does depend on what coils you're using. Kanger has 0.8 ohm prebuilt coils now that can take 20 watts but if you're using the more commonly available 1.5 or 1.8 ohm coils 20 watts will burn those out fast! It's all really a matter of preference. General rule when trying out a new coil is to start low and work your way up. My rule of thumb when playing with wattage is to start where the battery is putting out about 3.7V (I believe the MVP shows your voltage along with wattage) which will vary depending on atomizer resistance and work up from there.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
now, i was just looking into the aerotank turbo, but it was recommended by rip trippers that 20watts is insufficient for it. you ever mess around with that?

20W would probably be insufficient for that because it's using two sets of coils which halves the overall resistance and requires more power to run properly.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

• #1 - Aspire Vivi Nova-S BDC Tank... I have one of these on my MVP2 and it performed so well that I bought 8 more! Aspire has quickly become my go to brand. The VN-S BDC tank is reinforced with an aluminum shield with a visible clear pyrex glass tube and holds approximately 3.5ml of liquid. You can find these in most shops that sell Aspire products. I got my first one here > http://www.vividsmoke.com/aspire-vivi-nova-s-bdc-rainbow-finish.html?search=rainbow&page=2 They fit perfectly on the MVP and iStick and since they are pyrex, there is no worries about "tank crackers".
  • #2 - Aspire Nautilus - This is probably the most popular non sub-ohm tank. I have the full size version on my MVP and I'm loving it.

• #1 - Aspire Vivi Nova-S BDC Tank... I have one of these on my MVP2 and it performed so well that I bought 8 more! Aspire has quickly become my go to brand. The VN-S BDC tank is reinforced with an aluminum shield with a visible clear pyrex glass tube and holds approximately 3.5ml of liquid. You can find these in most shops that sell Aspire products. I got my first one here > http://www.vividsmoke.com/aspire-vivi-nova-s-bdc-rainbow-finish.html?search=rainbow&page=2 They fit perfectly on the MVP and iStick and since they are pyrex, there is no worries about "tank crackers".
  • #2 - Aspire Nautilus - This is probably the most popular non sub-ohm tank. I have the full size version on my MVP and I'm loving it.
well im kinda taken back due to this brass issue on the nautilus that has been going around pretty often in conversations.
the vn-s doesnt seem too bad, is it compatible with the new bvc coils?

and then there was 3.
Aerotank v2..the capacity is a little less than what i would like, but man does it seem nice.
Aerotank mega...heard some leak problems are like super common, besides that it seems next to perfect.
and the Vivi nova-s....the company sounds dirty now about the brass issue regarding the nautilus, but im prolly gonna pick one up as a oh shit backup tank anywho, seeing as its only 11 bucks.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
well im kinda taken back due to this brass issue on the nautilus that has been going around pretty often in conversations.
the vn-s doesnt seem too bad, is it compatible with the new bvc coils?
Yes, the VNS can be used with the BVC's... and I'm not aware of any issues with the Nautilus... I know there were issues with the Atlantis.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using the nautilus on my MVP2 for months. Recently left if on the hood of my truck and the wife drove off with it. Found it at the first stop sign in the middle of the road and ran over. The nautilus was trashed but the MVP, though a bit squished, is still working. I bought a new nautilus and and a MVP 20 watt for backup.

The chimney in the nautilus is brass but plated. No liquid touches the brass. I think it would take years to wear the plating off the chimney under normal use so unless a person takes sandpaper to it, it shouldn't be an issue. Besides that, I'm very skeptical that brass is an issue anyway. To each their own though.

My new nautilus came with a spare glass but there are stainless tanks available for them.

I can't speak for other tanks that fit your needs just for my experience with the nautilus. Hope it helps.

VU Sponsors