Become a Patron!

Impressions on 18650 LG HE2's

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I figure with the Sony shortage that's gonna last a bit, apparently, I'd chime in on my experience with these. I believe the purple efest 35 amps are re wrapped versions of these, however, I'd rather get the actual product, and did. I've put the pair I received through their paces for a couple days, my builds are modest 1.2 ohm kayfuns, and I'm very pleased.

They are 20 amp continuous, 35 amp pulse, and have a 2500 MAH capacity. Comparing them to my vtc5's, they seem to hit just as hard. I know that's far from scientific, but they perform good enough to not tell a difference. I have had fully charged LG's and Sony's in both of my copper cartel clones, with two kayfun blacks built to 1.2, and a side by side by my impressions is pretty identical. Aside from testing beyond my capabilities I feel that to be a decent way to rate them.

Where I can compare directly is in charge levels with juice consumption. Vaping through a kayfun from full through just below the window, both the VTC5's and the LG HE2's test at around 4.00 on my multimeter. They have a slightly lower capacity, but that shows that they last about as long. My Sony's are from 7/18 and 8/18 of this year, and rarely if ever go below 3.9 prior to charging, so they are in good shape.

I am happy enough that I ordered a second pair. 20 amps far exceeds my needs, so I am pleased. They can be had for 16.98 shipped a pair, from a vendor I trust on ebay. If it's cool to name them, I will. They are almost out of stock, but the vendor told me more are already on there way, as are more of the samsung 25R's which I believe he sells for 18.98 a pair.

One other thing of note, is that the positive terminal is definitely more sturdy than the Sony's. It has 4 places it attaches to, rather than three. They also seem to heat up less than my Sony's. Basically, if 20 amp continuous and 35 amp pulse suits your needs, I recommend these. I was sent to this vendor by another member here, and though it's ebay, he is legit, incredibly kind and communicative, and ships crazy fast.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Retracted. Just pulled back the printer label label and found... the manufacturer's marking. Odd these were covered on all four of the batteries. I'm remain suspicious but at least the markings now match. Vapers need a site to help separate real from fake batteries. Lord knows what we're really buying.

Could you provide source/link? I need a trustworthy source; pretty sure I just ended up with four fakes from Amazon. No printing on the battery nor manufacturer's mark; just a printer label label saying "18650 2500mAh 3.9V". And cute little boxes with another stuck on label saying "LG HE2 18650". Four batteries cost $34.80.

Lord knows what these are really -- safety, chemistry, lifespan, output, etc. I'm guessing they are the cheapest that can be produced by a factory in China. Thanks for any pointers.

Last edited:

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Retracted. Just pulled back the printer label label and found... the manufacturer's marking. Odd these were covered on all four of the batteries. I'm remain suspicious but at least the markings now match. Vapers need a site to help separate real from fake batteries. Lord knows what we're really buying.
Mine came that way, too. Search Google Images and you'll see that it seems to be practically de rigueur fashion for this little gem. Those labels come in a variety of fonts and font-weights. But look at the white ring around the + terminal. (That's no guarantee they're not fakes, but it probably won't have that if they are.)

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I do see the white ring. Also saw vendor on ebay selling under same name, and recommended as selling genuine. And the battery life between charges seems good. Thank you, I am feeling more confident.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes, I do see the white ring. Also saw vendor on ebay selling under same name, and recommended as selling genuine. And the battery life between charges seems good. Thank you, I am feeling more confident.
I use GENUINECELLS on ebay, as recommended by @AdamSenior they are a great vendor, very honest and communicative, and if don't understand how they manage to ship things to me so fast. I've purchased VTC5's and LG's from them, all legit. I wouldn't have done ebay without the recommendation, but you can feel safe with them.

They stock samsungs, too, and all their pricing is fantastic.

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use GENUINECELLS on ebay, as recommended by @AdamSenior they are a great vendor, very honest and communicative, and if don't understand how they manage to ship things to me so fast. I've purchased VTC5's and LG's from them, all legit. I wouldn't have done ebay without the recommendation, but you can feel safe with them.

Ya he is a good guy to buy batteries from. About the only seller I would buy batts from on eBay. Glad you had good experiences with him.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do not trust LG branded anything.
After tens of thousands of repairs of cell phones and handling thousand of batteries, the two battery kabooms I had were LG cells.
Also the only devices to randomly arc and melt the main board.

I might see it differently if the lion batteries did not kaboom with small drops.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ya he is a good guy to buy batteries from. About the only seller I would buy batts from on eBay. Glad you had good experiences with him.
Yeah, only ebay vendor I'd deal with for batts as well. I can't thank you enough for the recommendation. Truly, I'm always scared buying batteries, and B&Ms charge about twice the amount I get them for from him. $15 is the going rate for good batteries around here, my pairs of LG's cost 16.98 shipped. Thanks again man!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
After tens of thousands of repairs of cell phones and handling thousand of batteries, the two battery kabooms I had were LG cells.

I might see it differently if the lion batteries did not kaboom with small drops.
That's no good... I can understand why you would feel that way for sure. I'm having great success thus far and am pleased, so I hope that doesn't change. I don't remotely approach the limits of these cells, so that's a good thing.

I can't even imagine having a battery blow up/vent. Scary shit, I've actually had a couple dreams about it happening, is that peculiar? Lol.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's no good... I can understand why you would feel that way for sure. I'm having great success thus far and am pleased, so I hope that doesn't change. I don't remotely approach the limits of these cells, so that's a good thing.

I can't even imagine having a battery blow up/vent. Scary shit, I've actually had a couple dreams about it happening, is that peculiar? Lol.
No way man a healthy fear is a good thing and so is a healthy respect for them also.
A venting battery is scary enough when it is unsuspected, and glad you are keeping a amperage buffer from the limit on your builds.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No way man a healthy fear is a good thing and so is a healthy respect for them also.
A venting battery is scary enough when it is unsuspected, and glad you are keeping a amperage buffer from the limit on your builds.
Oh yeah, I'm keeping quite the buffer using only LG's and VTC5's. My build is basically 99% of the time 1.2 ohms in a fun, and that's 3.5 amps, so I'm playing it exponentially safe. Why the fuck not? I don't wanna ever vent a battery.

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Same seller shown on Amazon; "Sold by GenuineCells". The packing slip showed "Variety Corp." and order included discount card for TxVape.com (though email address was varietycorp.com). Identity was somewhat schizophrenic -- which was part of my discomfort. However, believe I got what was ordered, a good price, and quick shipping. I'm a satisfied customer and all is good. Already noticing vape time per charge with this battery seems really good (@ ~2 ohms).

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Same seller shown on Amazon; "Sold by GenuineCells". The packing slip showed "Variety Corp." and order included discount card for TxVape.com (though email address was varietycorp.com). Identity was somewhat schizophrenic -- which was part of my discomfort. However, believe I got what was ordered, a good price, and quick shipping. I'm a satisfied customer and all is good. Already noticing vape time per charge with this battery seems really good (@ ~2 ohms).
Interesting. I got nothing of variety corp or txvape.com so I wonder if they're different. I can check the names of the two people I've communicated with if ya want... It sounds like you're good, though. Go to the ebay one, though, if you buy more is my suggestion.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have the LG-HE2's, its a good battery. I reviewed a couple tests for it, I think one done by congrevape and Akku.de which was only up to 5A, but still made the old Pana CGR look like a trustfire in comparative tests.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i am considering copping some of these, but cant decide between them and the samsung INR cells.

i see that vaporjoe says these beat any other battery on performance. would those of you who have used these and others think the same?

should i go samsung or LG...?

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I figure with the Sony shortage that's gonna last a bit, apparently, I'd chime in on my experience with these. I believe the purple efest 35 amps are re wrapped versions of these, however, I'd rather get the actual product, and did. I've put the pair I received through their paces for a couple days, my builds are modest 1.2 ohm kayfuns, and I'm very pleased.

They are 20 amp continuous, 35 amp pulse, and have a 2500 MAH capacity. Comparing them to my vtc5's, they seem to hit just as hard. I know that's far from scientific, but they perform good enough to not tell a difference. I have had fully charged LG's and Sony's in both of my copper cartel clones, with two kayfun blacks built to 1.2, and a side by side by my impressions is pretty identical. Aside from testing beyond my capabilities I feel that to be a decent way to rate them.

Where I can compare directly is in charge levels with juice consumption. Vaping through a kayfun from full through just below the window, both the VTC5's and the LG HE2's test at around 4.00 on my multimeter. They have a slightly lower capacity, but that shows that they last about as long. My Sony's are from 7/18 and 8/18 of this year, and rarely if ever go below 3.9 prior to charging, so they are in good shape.

I am happy enough that I ordered a second pair. 20 amps far exceeds my needs, so I am pleased. They can be had for 16.98 shipped a pair, from a vendor I trust on ebay. If it's cool to name them, I will. They are almost out of stock, but the vendor told me more are already on there way, as are more of the samsung 25R's which I believe he sells for 18.98 a pair.

One other thing of note, is that the positive terminal is definitely more sturdy than the Sony's. It has 4 places it attaches to, rather than three. They also seem to heat up less than my Sony's. Basically, if 20 amp continuous and 35 amp pulse suits your needs, I recommend these. I was sent to this vendor by another member here, and though it's ebay, he is legit, incredibly kind and communicative, and ships crazy fast.
I know this post is old and if you have loyalty to your ebay vendor all is well. imrbatteries.com is selling Samsung 25rs for $5.85 a pc right now. $2.01 S&H. They are wholesale to the public but occasionally have sales.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@2c5000 I have no experience with the Samsungs, but people seem to like them. I have been nothing but pleased with my LG HE2's. I have 12 of them. Two sets are married for my iPV3 and the rest for mechs. Unless you're building low enough that you are drawing 20 plus amps I recommend them. I'm probably gonna get another pair in fact for my iPV3.

@muth thanks, I've seen a couple places selling them off cheap. I'm sticking with my LG's until something with better specs is released. I'm wondering if Samsung has something on the horizon, with the multiple sales I've seen.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i am considering copping some of these, but cant decide between them and the samsung INR cells.

i see that vaporjoe says these beat any other battery on performance. would those of you who have used these and others think the same?

should i go samsung or LG...?
Also, see the thread regarding the Samsungs and i4 chargers. If you have one, as I do, the LG might be better for you.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know this post is old and if you have loyalty to your ebay vendor all is well. imrbatteries.com is selling Samsung 25rs for $5.85 a pc right now. $2.01 S&H. They are wholesale to the public but occasionally have sales.

that site has great pricing. and they have the charger i want at a great price. is this vendor known for selling authentic cells?

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
that site has great pricing. and they have the charger i want at a great price. is this vendor known for selling authentic cells?
Yes, and let me find the email they sent me in regards to my question about fakes:

Also, I recently bought the same batteries on ebay (18650 Samsung 25r). They do not have the same dotted print on them like yours. Instead they have a white stick-on label that says 18650 3.7 2500 mAh. Are they fakes?

As for the 25R, just peel off the label and the OEM print will be below it. Some suppliers do this, others don't. We have a few batteries (LG, Sony, Panasonic) that come like this and we take them off for photos. But as far as I know there aren't any fake 25Rs available- it's just too widely available and inexpensive to make counterfeiting profitable. Hope this helps.

- Jason

Imr is a large wholesaler. So far, I've never heard of wholesalers selling fakes to businesses. You can definitely get some good deals on ebay but, as a general rule, I prefer to go direct. I usually get my wire from Temco w/free S&H.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@2c5000 I just read the above posts and forgot - 'GenuineCells' on ebay was also recommended to me by CaFF as a trustworthy vendor if you prefer ebay:)

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I can't say that I don't trust LG because nothing bad has happened, yet. I have a LG phone, too. As for my LG 18650 batts all I can say is they don't seem to perform as well as I expected. My builds range from about 0.25 - 0.9 I'm getting ready to try some Samsung 25r and see what happens.

Bow2King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
was looking on amazon before was just looking for who had the best ratings, to make sure their authentic!!

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't say that I don't trust LG because nothing bad has happened, yet. I have a LG phone, too. As for my LG 18650 batts all I can say is they don't seem to perform as well as I expected. My builds range from about 0.25 - 0.9 I'm getting ready to try some Samsung 25r and see what happens.

I have, HE2's and 25r's & vtc5's. Can honestly say I cannot tell the difference in discharge and recharge rates. Builds ranging from .3 to .5 using mechs.
Nothing scientific, just daily use cycling them between the mechs and a nitecore d2 charger. None of them get hot, and seem to last about the same amount of vape time.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have, HE2's and 25r's & vtc5's. Can honestly say I cannot tell the difference in discharge and recharge rates. Builds ranging from .3 to .5 using mechs.
Nothing scientific, just daily use cycling them between the mechs and a nitecore d2 charger. None of them get hot, and seem to last about the same amount of vape time.
My experience is the same, just I don't have Samsungs, only LG's and Sony's. And genuine cells on ebay is great. I buy all of my batteries from them.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just wrote to Stephen @ GenuineCells asking the difference between the LG HE2 and the LG HE4 since they seem to have the same specs.
He just wrote back:

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, HE2 and HE4 have the same specs. HE4 was specially designed for Bosch Tools to build their battery packs, the only difference is HE4 supposes to have better heat handling at high current discharge.

Warmest regards,
Stephen

Sounds like it might be a better vape battery if this is the case. I think they are about 2 dollars more per pair

Last edited:

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
was looking on amazon before was just looking for who had the best ratings, to make sure their authentic!!

Yes, that's the set I bought. Quite pleased with these batteries. I use two dna's 30, double nitecore charger, and then rotate through batteries. Generally I have two in use, one ready, and one charging.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe I'm imagining things! Hope not. Is it possible to get a lemon batt?

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can anyone suggest a good place to find a Ryobi 9.6v cordless drill replacement battery?
And what would be a reasonable price?

hi there do you want try new batteries,email me:[email protected]

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Glad you said this. I will order 5 vtc4s from him then.

VU Sponsors