Become a Patron!

*** IMPORTANT *** Casaa Call To Action - US – FIGHT A HUGE VAPOR TAX (HR 5715/S 2929)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Please take time to sign this if you're in the US:

It's one of those clown ass vape taxes where smoking suddenly becomes the much cheaper option.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231017_152849_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20231017_152849_Brave.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 8

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Here's Grimm Green explaining how a liter of 100mg/ml nic will cost $5000 EXTRA IN TAXES.

You use 120mls of 3mg/ml?
$30 in taxes
A 60ml of 12mg/ml would be $40 EXTRA in TAXES.

Think of how bad a 30ml of nic salt will be!
A 30ml of 50mg/ml nic salt = $120 EXTRA in TAXES!!!!!!!!!!

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Hiya folks sending you my best wishes from Spain.
Hate the way vapers are treated over there in the US and Canada and the hoops you have to jump thru just so you can stay healthy and not go back to smoking.

Here for now we're safe but if the bill goes forward the government owned tobacco shops will end up selling vape products exclusively.
So that means about 400 businesses closed and about 3000 people left in the streets without a job.

On top of that they will probably tax the hell out of vaping products,personally i don't think they will tax aromas,mods or RTA/RDA,my spidey sense is telling me they will go all in on nicotine.

Yeah they will tax that and a lot,no way your local tobacco shop will take the time to show you how to use your first mod or how to put a coil in and wick an RTA/RDA,just don't see it happening.

Honestly i blame 3 different types of people for all this that we going thru:

-Shops that sell to minors,there should be repercusions,caught once? 5 grand fine,caught twice? close shop for good,that way they will learn
-Parents? yeah they're not doing their job
-Moronic kids who chase the high that a 50mg nic disposable gives you

And what about us,i mean the adults that vape responsibly and need vaping so we can stay alive?
We all know that if we went back to smoking cigarettes that would be a death sentence...

Oh well,hope the bill doesn't get passed and if it does well i guess you're going to have to stock up.

Again,my best wishes and here is me hoping all goes well.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I signed it, but the verbage in the canned message was a lot of word vomit, which will get sarcastic replies from the monkeys when they see it over and over again, so I simplified it and tried to make it personal, keeping some of the important points:

Vaping helped me stop smoking PERMANENTLY in 2012. I have not had one cigarette since then. Vaping saves lives.

I urge you to oppose HR 5715/ S 2929 and any legislation that would treat low-risk, smoke-free nicotine products as if they were more harmful than cigarettes. Vaping makes use of the same pharmaceutical grade nicotine used in nicotine therapy products like gums and patches. The ignorance shown by sponsors of the bill is shameful, and bad for public health.

Thank you for considering my comments. I and my fellow members of The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association urge you to reject HR5715/S.2929 and any other legislation that makes it more difficult for people who smoke to switch to safer alternatives.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

SharpRazor

ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Eh, signed, but I think it will have no effect whatsoever. I don't think the FDA really cares about anything except who is bribing them. I was all set for vapocalypse in 2016 and just kept buying gear and nic since then, so at this point it really has almost no impact on me since I just buy random disposables at gas stations for convenience. More busy focusing on stocking up on everything else, since 2024 is probably going to be a highly suboptimal year for Earth in general 🤡

If you don't have any nic, there are still sources selling, I know Delosi Labs is, you may want to seriously consider investing in some, along with full size mods, and some RTAs, RDAs, whatever works for you. Pardon the tangent.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Eh, signed, but I think it will have no effect whatsoever. I don't think the FDA really cares about anything except who is bribing them. I was all set for vapocalypse in 2016 and just kept buying gear and nic since then, so at this point it really has almost no impact on me since I just buy random disposables at gas stations for convenience. More busy focusing on stocking up on everything else, since 2024 is probably going to be a highly suboptimal year for Earth in general 🤡

If you don't have any nic, there are still sources selling, I know Delosi Labs is, you may want to seriously consider investing in some, along with full size mods, and some RTAs, RDAs, whatever works for you. Pardon the tangent.

Good you signed. Sometimes there can be power in numbers, though I'll admit, not often when it comes to trying to save vaping from hypocritical government parasites.

I know many forum members have prepared by hoarding, but I continue to care and participate in actions because of the lives yet to be saved by switching from cigarettes to vaping. It would be an unmitigated shame to have this miracle life saving technology squashed.

VU Sponsors