Become a Patron!

If it goes bad?

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I saw in the news yesterday that France had raided 3 mosques in France, and seized 334 weapons. Making me think there may be more of a threat than the government, and media are releasing. I'm not in anyway saying that an attack is imminent. BUT WHAT IF? I think the better we are prepared for anything, the better our chance of surviving the event. So I thought why not share some ideas on how to get through anything that might happen.

The event that worries me the most is an attack that compromised the power grid. Even though it would be difficult to accomplish, it could be achieved by taking out about 15 sub stations simultaneously, either through physical or cyber attacks. The power grid even though fragmented with like 3200 power companies, would suffer cascading failures. Leaving much, if not all of the US without electricity for an extended period of time.

What would you do to get through it?

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You do realize if they raided churches here in the U.S. then went to the members homes. They would find millions of weapons.:rolleyes:

We're not so worried about it in my home. We don't attend Church or a Mosque. But if the grid goes down, we'll be fine for a few weeks. We have enough food and energy (self contained) to last until dinner shows up demanding our personal belongings. I think each meal that walks to my door will last at least 3 days, if they're not too skinny.

I'll only regret not being able to watch the residents of larger cities eat each other on main stream media. Zombie TV

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You do realize if they raided churches here in the U.S. then went to the members homes. They would find millions of weapons.:rolleyes:

We're not so worried about it in my home. We don't attend Church or a Mosque. But if the grid goes down, we'll be fine for a few weeks. We have enough food and energy (self contained) to last until dinner shows up demanding our personal belongings. I think each meal that walks to my door will last at least 3 days, if they're not too skinny.

I'll only regret not being able to watch the residents of larger cities eat each other on main stream media. Zombie TV
My understanding is that these weapons were physically at the mosques. Larger cities are definitely going to present a different set of problems. I think a lot of people laugh it off, or take the attitude I will never need that knowledge. Then they are on vacation and the whole world goes to shit following an earthquake. People just do not want to think that there is a real threat out there. I can 100% assure you, that there is. ISIS probably also has the technology to make a dirty bomb. Could they get it into the country, I don't know. Would the government tell us they had stopped such an attempt? I think one of Americans greatest weaknesses, is thinking it cannot happen here.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

that's a bit dishonest first if they raided the homes of church members they'd find "legally" registered firearms...with Frances gun laws those guns they found were illegal, secondly it is a way of legitamizing they elitist meme, and the bullshit from the Obama Ministry of Truth.. that Islamic terrorisim is a minor annoyance at best or doesn't even exist ...they have no word for it......

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went steelhead fishing up on the KLamath River way in the backwoods, and was in a steelhead camp run by this retired Pacific Gas and Electric worker...I asked him why he way living up there, and he told me...."cause one way or another the power grid is going to fail, and when it does you want to be a least 3 hours away from the nearest large city."

gotta say I was in S.F. during the big earthquake and most of the city was down,and there was the occasional asshole shop owner selling water for like 10 bucks a gallon, but most people were real helpfull to each other...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It will never happen here unless they wanted to....

VAPE ON

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

VAPE ON
lotta truth in that but then ...you can't control the outcome of your best laid plans...the elite might just light a fire they can't put out......besides what makes you think the political class of america wouldn't want chaos, martial law, and about half the population dead.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lotta truth in that but then ...you can't control the outcome of your best laid plans...the elite might just light a fire they can't put out.
That's the risk they are willing to take. They've done it before and they will do it again... Again...
Who's stopping them????
NONE!

VAPE ON

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

VAPE ON
I don't think a dirty bomb, or the failure of the power grid are that unfeasible. I would venture to say that ISIS is considering both. The Metcalf sub station was attacked in 2013 and knocked off line, it just got very little media attention. I have skippered boats in and out of this country on numerous occasions. I know exactly how difficult it is to get in.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think a dirty bomb, or the failure of the power grid are that unfeasible. I would venture to say that ISIS is considering both. The Metcalf sub station was attacked in 2013 and knocked off line, it just got very little media attention. I have skippered boats in and out of this country on numerous occasions. I know exactly how difficult it is to get in.
Did they catch anybody??? NOPE
again!!! I they wanted to, it can happen
It was a drill!!!

VAPE ON

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think it's unfeasible that the same people that run the NSA run ISIS.
Don't know what else to say, other than I can 100% guarantee you that is not the case, and is unfeasible.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Self-contained energy is something that I do not have. I do have emergency supplies and food though, but I'd probably only get by for a week or so. Money has not been a friend to me lately.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I live in Florida
Hurricane proof means
Generator and ten gallons of gas in the mini trailer in my backyard.
Enough food to last a month or more.
Enough vape supplies to last a year or more. :)

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Self-contained energy is something that I do not have. I do have emergency supplies and food though, but I'd probably only get by for a week or so. Money has not been a friend to me lately.
Money is not a necessity in a emergency. A person with $1 in his pocket with the right knowledge, has just as high probability as a millionaire. Yes the millionaire might be able to buy supplies he may, or may not ever need, the person with knowledge is self sufficient. Other than having maybe a dime in your pocket that you could use as a screwdriver, I don't know how money helps. I am simply advocating giving a little bit of thought to the subject.

Water, shelter, food, the safety of you, and your family, defense' communications, and exiting the crisis. What about family that is not with you if an event occurs? What about prescriptions you are a family member need to sustain life?

These are things, most never think about, they assume it can not happen here. Why do you suppose governments are conducting GridEx exercises? Jade Helm is another. The government is looking at these as possibilities. If you are good with just sitting back thinking it will never happen here. I wish you the best if it does, because you are obviously unprepared.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
but most people were real helpfull to each other...

Of course they were nice, help was coming.
If the grid goes down, the people of S.F. will be eating each other within 2 weeks.

If the OP's scenerio plays out. The projections are 100 million dead within the first couple of months, just in the United States. Estimates are 6 months to recover power to the major cities. Rural areas will be served last. Total recovery estimates range from 2 - 10 years, if at all.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Common sense preparation for a long term disaster is simply prudent. Cover the basics of having a plan, shelter, security, food, water, and mobility and you are set. Don't expect the government to help, nor care. Governments in large scale disasters serve themselves first and the people second. They always have and always will. Most people would lose their marbles if confronted with the grocery store being looted and closed down, or gas stations out of gas. I seriously doubt that 80% of the people in the USA could snare a rabbit, skin it, and cook it over coals. Perhaps my Pa's teachings and my experience in the service give me an edge over some. Simple planning and common sense preparation is key to keeping you and your family alive and safe.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of course they were nice, help was coming.
If the grid goes down, the people of S.F. will be eating each other within 2 weeks.

If the OP's scenerio plays out. The projections are 100 million dead within the first couple of months, just in the United States. Estimates are 6 months to recover power to the major cities. Rural areas will be served last. Total recovery estimates range from 2 - 10 years, if at all.
first off the people of S.F. don't need an earthquake to start eating each other...usually all it will take is a spare 15 minutes and a little privacy....Yeah well...I think people can surpise you., ...of course many of them are deadwood.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I live in Florida
Hurricane proof means
Generator and ten gallons of gas in the mini trailer in my backyard.
Enough food to last a month or more.
Enough vape supplies to last a year or more. :)
I hear you, I was on the SAR team they sent in following Andrew. Saw some unbelievable shit. During the aftermath, we found a horse in an enclosed shopping mall. We had to remove part of a wall to get him out. I have no idea to this day how he got in there.

Keep in mind that generators need fuel. It is not impossible that you could find yourself in a situation that lasted longer than a week. So have a plan that evaluates obtaining more fuel. I am not advocating that people have anything other than a couple of items and a plan. It's the plan Americans struggle with. I would bet on Sept 10, 2001 you could find more people that thought they didn't need a plan, than you could today.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the deciding issue will be where's your heads at....for the working poor or the rural poor...they are used to doing without from time to time, they are used to making their own, they are used to adapting to downturns,they are used to being inventive........

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I think the deciding issue will be where's your heads at....for the working poor or the rural poor...they are used to doing without from time to time, they are used to making their own, they are used to adapting to downturns,they are used to being inventive........

LOL, A bunch of teenagers frozen in place, staring into space because their smartphones aren't working.
Those phones is the only way then can/know how to function properly.

They don't remember the struggle - Having to memorize 40 phone numbers and always having a pocket full of quarters to use the pay phone.
The struggle was real...

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would strongly agree that those living in a rural area are much better prepared than the people living in Manhattan.
My advice to anyone living in a city with over 50,000 people, in an extended event make getting the hell out as soon as possible a priority.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hear you, I was on the SAR team they sent in following Andrew. Saw some unbelievable shit. During the aftermath, we found a horse in an enclosed shopping mall. We had to remove part of a wall to get him out. I have no idea to this day how he got in there.

Keep in mind that generators need fuel. It is not impossible that you could find yourself in a situation that lasted longer than a week. So have a plan that evaluates obtaining more fuel. I am not advocating that people have anything other than a couple of items and a plan. It's the plan Americans struggle with. I would bet on Sept 10, 2001 you could find more people that thought they didn't need a plan, than you could today.

Actually, I find the Need a Plan community far more offensive than the Elite Vapors community. Survival plans are only good in the short term, unless you have a self contained hardened bunker hidden somewhere. If not, you're a stationary target trying to defend your stash by week number 4. I could talk all day on this topic, but I grew bored with it long ago. I keep a bugout bag and a .22 rifle if the need arises for a long term hibernation.

I'm still disappointed they won't actually be broadcasting it.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LOL, A bunch of teenagers frozen in place, staring into space because their smartphones aren't working.
Those phones is the only way then can/know how to function properly.

They don't remember the struggle - Having to memorize 40 phone numbers and always having a pocket full of quarters to use the pay phone.
The struggle was real...

They actually believe in and support the struggle. Yours, not theirs.

I read a poll just the other day. 80%+ of millennials support going after ISIS. But only if someone else does it, and they don't have to become involved.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually, I find the Need a Plan community far more offensive than the Elite Vapors community. Survival plans are only good in the short term, unless you have a self contained hardened bunker hidden somewhere. If not, you're a stationary target trying to defend your stash by week number 4. I could talk all day on this topic, but I grew bored with it long ago. I keep a bugout bag and a .22 rifle if the need arises for a long term hibernation.

can't broadcast it now that we have the NDAA Obama has had a kill switch installed in every radio station in America that thye can kill the radio station remotely...we don't want any bitter clinger getting any ideas...besides as the board of supervisors of S.F. would tell you...this isn't the end of the world.....it's and upswing in the green energy sector.

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a few solar panels that are capable of running a few necessities. So unless ISIS blots out the sun, I would be able to store food that was hunted and gathered. My family and I spend just as much time camping and hiking as we do at home surfing the internet and watching cable, so I would say one of the first agenda points for me is to get my people to a remote location. Studies have shown that in a long term disaster scenario, the clear and present danger is "other " humans.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They actually believe in and support the struggle. Yours, not theirs.

I read a poll just the other day. 80%+ of millennials support going after ISIS. But only if someone else does it, and they don't have to become involved.
I was at work one day and another old guy was telling a story about his car breaking down in the middle of nowhere....and the mellinias asked why he didn't just call someone on his cell phone....when he explained there were no cell phones...the millinilas stared off into space a look of total confusion came over their faces and they said"but...but...but what did he do"

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
can't broadcast it now that we have the NDAA Obama has had a kill switch installed in every radio station in America that thye can kill the radio station remotely...we don't want any bitter clinger getting any ideas...besides as the board of supervisors of S.F. would tell you...this isn't the end of the world.....it's and upswing in the green energy sector.

Analog will be toast in a few years anyway. I can't give you a reference. But due to something that occurs with the spectrum with the onset of digital satellite communications, analog will be a lost art.

I'm seriously ready to walk away from my "smart" phone, and disappear.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When the Roman republic fell and the light of civilization was extinguished.... the Dark ages descended......some of the safest and most peacefull place were those in the more remote corners of europe like Ireland.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

We have a blue water sailboat, with a water maker, solar power and enough firepower to defend it against another sailboat. We have it because we lived on it for 8 years, and cruised it. Had absolutely nothing to do with prepping. But it would make one hell of a survival platform.,

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was at work one day and another old guy was telling a story about his car breaking down in the middle of nowhere....and the mellinias asked why he didn't just call someone on his cell phone....when he explained there were no cell phones...the millinilas stared off into space a look of total confusion came over their faces and they said"but...but...but what did he do"
hahaha, I bet they don't know what a set of points are either. And why they will be one of the most expensive things on earth in the event of an electromagnetic pulse that disables all modern modes of travel.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hahaha, I bet they don't know what a set of points are either. And why they will be one of the most expensive things on earth in the event of an electromagnetic pulse that disables all modern modes of travel.
That and vacuum tube based ham radios, which are still being made in small numbers.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That and vacuum tube based ham radios, which are still being made in small numbers.

I tossed a 5000w tube type amp the other day. I hated to see it go, but I was never going to repair it.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

What! A bunch of guns and ammo and freezer full of nic and liquor isn't preparation for the zombie apocalypse?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Stealing Rolex watches, tvs and beer helped the fine citizens of NOLA survive...

Killing all their enemies and getting away with it before their enemies killed them helped a little too.:D

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Condoms?, Where were going we don't need Condoms...

Back to the future reference ^
LOL, Condoms actually make good water reservoirs, and keeping them over the end of a barrel helps keep dirt out.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LOL, Condoms actually make good water reservoirs, and keeping them over the end of a barrel helps keep dirt out.

Black powder hunter here. Real black powder, not the whinny ass rear loading puss of a black powder. ;)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I figure I can grow just about all the food I could use, some chickens, a couple of sheep, some goats or a cow or two....I don't know as if there's too much I'd miss....just numberless hours of soul killing mindmuddeling TV and the constant pestering of "did you see the game last night"

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dude the buffalo herds have died off.
Yeah they have, Thank goodness deer are still going strong in the south. I can't relate to true black powder, but a lot of experience with pyrodex.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not "if".... It's "when"
I don't know....I could see the elite create a situation through collapsing the fiat currencies or by "muslim terrorists" to get the masses to demand marshal law, and the goverment would implement draconian restrictions for the "goood of the childeren, planet,the country" take your pick..and order would be restored.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I want to thank everyone for not turning this thread into another episode of Doomsday Preppers.

What would you do to get through it?

Since we're in the sticks now, we got enough supplies and equipment to tide us over if a snow storm locks us in and the power goes out for multiple days. I have a 4x4 truck and people drive around with plows all the time. Generator. Car jumpers we can use to recharge smaller batteries. Food. Water. Lots of butane for cooking fuel. We need more gasoline, that's about it.

If you're going to say we're not prepared enough, please read that first sentence above. Ha.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dude the buffalo herds have died off.

You see these Trophy Hunters on TV, on line, and in magazines. They couldn't find a trophy if it was wearing a strobe light and bright orange clothes. That's why they pay people to do it for them. The only gun I own capable of more than one shot without reloading, is a .22 bolt action.

PS, the majority of Buffalo were killed off with breech loaders. You can still buy them today.

Springfield_Trapdoor_breech_open.JPG

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You see these Trophy Hunters on TV, on line, and in magazines. They couldn't find a trophy if it was wearing a strobe light and bright orange clothes. That's why they pay people to do it for them. The only gun I own capable of more than one shot without reloading, is a .22 bolt action.

PS, the majority of Buffalo were killed off with breech loaders. You can still buy them today.

View attachment 35548
ever shoot one of those..like a Sharps or a Henrys?

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ever shoot one of those..like a Sharps or a Henrys?

A Springfield (as pictured) is the only one I've shot. A friend owned a pawn shop, someone had pawned it, and never came back. I would have loved to have bought it. But he wasn't interested in reselling it. But if you like that, you'll love this one ;) This one was on display in a local museum.

gun.jpg gun2.jpg gun3.jpg

VU Sponsors