Become a Patron!

ID size

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thats just one of the variables in play, impossible to give you an answer to that. However, i've found out that bigger ID, like 3mm, helps with wicking when building super low, 0.09 and below. I had to similar builds of 22 gauge parallels, one with 2.4mm ID and one with 3mm ID and the bigger coil wicks faster --> bigger clouds. Ohms were the same 0.08 on both.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Diameter definately affects wicking. I use max vg in my kayfun and tobh and found I had to increase id for the wicks to keep up. 7/64" works well for me. It's about 2.8mm.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
does the ID size effect how cool the vape is and how big the cloud is
Take a look at the following link. I've been using it for quite a while to determine, how I'm going to build my next coil(s). Click on "How it works" for more details on 'Heat flux', and 'Heat capacity'. In your case, you want to keep the 'Heat capacity' down. However, the more surface, and airflow, the more clouds.
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Diameter definately affects wicking. I use max vg in my kayfun and tobh and found I had to increase id for the wicks to keep up. 7/64" works well for me. It's about 2.8mm.
I usually use a 2.5mm on my Kayfun. However, the wick needs to be "loose". I recently switched to Japanese Cotton. It does suck up the juice faster than Organic Cotton.
Another consideration would be to build a standard coil (wires not touching each other), rather than a micro coil.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I usually use a 2.5mm on my Kayfun. However, the wick needs to be "loose". I recently switched to Japanese Cotton. It does suck up the juice faster than Organic Cotton.
Another consideration would be to build a standard coil (wires not touching each other), rather than a micro coil.
You just joined today, 6 posts before noon, and every post comes off as if you've got it all figured out. Nice. Welcome.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Take a look at the following link. I've been using it for quite a while to determine, how I'm going to build my next coil(s). Click on "How it works" for more details on 'Heat flux', and 'Heat capacity'. In your case, you want to keep the 'Heat capacity' down. However, the more surface, and airflow, the more clouds.
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp

Just a note on using the heat range on that tool. If you are using a mechanical mod dual coil hot is appropriate. Medium will not produce much vape at all. That's more for low power vv/vw devices.

-------------------------------

A bigger coil will wick better but you are going to need a thicker wire to hit the same resistance as a smaller coil so heat up and cool down will take longer. Not a bad thing with a mech, but some vv/vw don't have the initial power to get it firing quickly.

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
You just joined today, 6 posts before noon, and every post comes off as if you've got it all figured out. Nice. Welcome.
Thanks! I've been vaping for about 1.5 years, building coils for 1/2 year. Tried different builds on various RDAs.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
does the ID size effect how cool the vape is and how big the cloud is

The id effects a persons basic and primal driving life force. It is the only part of the human psyche that is present from birth. It doesn't have to be developed, it is just there.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The id effects a persons basic and primal driving life force. It is the only part of the human psyche that is present from birth. It doesn't have to be developed, it is just there.
But what about the ego, the ego twist, and the super ego?

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The ego helps you stop the negative habit, the ego twist makes the habit even easier to stop. The super ego is a term a confused person uses for a vamo because they have external threads on the 510.

VU Sponsors