Become a Patron!

I want to see everyone's wood....... (Stabwood, wood, mixed ) Regulated, Mechanical, Wood look alike

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lunch is served.....
8827f36df673debfee975fc515a76f4e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Inline with the blocks you like. This is my new Mod. Imagine it 6-8 shades darker from 4 coats air dry spray wax. I can send a pic to your email and you can post if you want. Let me know. It looks just like the blocks you like now. I like it much better than the one I sold you. 100% Stabwood. The joke is I paid less than 1/2 for this one. I sure hope this one does not self destruct too. VA's are usually a good bet though.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think is all in how it's made.....

If the mod is made poorly it will crack, the wood will shrink and it looks cracked where it meets the cactus juice......

The mod needs to be in a Vacuum for at least 30 minutes and DPM keeps them 24 hours under vacuum pressure........

Then comes the drying, some want it quick and Jack up the temperature on the toaster oven....... Some do it correctly nice and slow......

Then the fish......if a mod get 20 layers of poly.....there is nothing getting absorbed into that wood......I mean nothing........

That's why if a mod is longer in vacuum it makes it solid...... Real solid...... Cactus juice when it's absorbed and dries.... Man I mean it's like a hockey puck strong.........
c8957c6c7b98029fe89e508f43e5caa1.jpg

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VA has no Poly. It just has their BS light "hairspray" coating that rubs off in a day. Just to make it look shiny before you buy it. They do cut huge corners I guess. It does not need Poly. If it is completely soaked in cactus juice and baked it cannot absorb anything more AFAIK. My new VA has Spray wax so it is not a super shiny finish. I have not used the SS but I will probably put Poly on that one after 12,000-16,000 grit. I could put some Butchers over the spray wax to make the VA shinier. The main thing is that it is waterproof now.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VA has no Poly. It just has their BS light "hairspray" coating that rubs off in a day. Just to make it look shiny before you buy it. They do cut huge corners I guess. It does not need Poly. If it is completely soaked in cactus juice and baked it cannot absorb anything more AFAIK. My new VA has Spray wax so it is not a super shiny finish. I have not used the SS but I will probably put Poly on that one after 12,000-16,000 grit. I could put some Butchers over the spray wax to make the VA shinier. The main thing is that it is waterproof now.
They need heavy Poly....... That shit VA puts on them doesn't last..... It wears off just by the sweat of your hands.......

My Duke SX 26650 started looking good only after (6) coats of Poly.....

But nothing I ever had feels or looks like The Java......
128392b074a0e64ddd10dd8ce31c94b2.jpg

She is like ridicolously like glass......
c2bf06daa4d36f5e4fef4e15409f6253.jpg

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
They need heavy Poly....... That shit VA puts on them doesn't last..... It wears off just by the sweat of your hands.......

My Duke SX 26650 started looking good only after (6) coats of Poly.....

But nothing I ever had feels or looks like The Java......
128392b074a0e64ddd10dd8ce31c94b2.jpg

She is like ridicolously like glass......
c2bf06daa4d36f5e4fef4e15409f6253.jpg

That looks gorgeous. Winner!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I once had an accident where juice went al over it but I immediately wiped it all off. I wonder if it all got inside. Stayed there, and ate it from the inside out. Than, it would inadvertently be my fault sort of.

How much do those blocks cost? Probably just goes to show how overpriced VA is all made by machines. Hand made by one person is a different story.

I must have won the lottery on my current shotgun coil. Normally they last me 6-8 weeks at 16W. this one is well over 3 months old and still going strong!

Yes, that cap was bad too. It had to be screwed to the last 1/2 thread. My new one is barely screwed out at all. I am pretty sure that Mod was a dud. Do not be misled by some juice unless it is pooled inside of it.
Your hands to the most damage...... It's salty moisture (sweat)...... And at the same time heat..... So if you have hot and sweaty hand and have your mod in constant contact with your skin and if you hold it between your legs.......

It's perfect environment to create warping and cracking.....

Specially if your holding it between your hot and sweaty thighs and sack .......

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I once had an accident where juice went al over it but I immediately wiped it all off. I wonder if it all got inside. Stayed there, and ate it from the inside out. Than, it would inadvertently be my fault sort of.

How much do those blocks cost? Probably just goes to show how overpriced VA is all made by machines. Hand made by one person is a different story.

I must have won the lottery on my current shotgun coil. Normally they last me 6-8 weeks at 16W. this one is well over 3 months old and still going strong!

Yes, that cap was bad too. It had to be screwed to the last 1/2 thread. My new one is barely screwed out at all. I am pretty sure that Mod was a dud. Do not be misled by some juice unless it is pooled inside of it.

It might have gotten in to the wood through the 510 pin in the atty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i did some work on it today. nothing serious, i was just playin around.

the chip looks clean, but i couldn't get in there good. there was a lil juice and some lint under the metals, but not bad. i trimmed down the horn, then sanded just a tiny bit, then a little buffing. i aalso got the faceplate to sit right at the top. i trimmed the bottom, but i need to trim on the bottom inside for it to fit right.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Inline with the blocks you like. This is my new Mod. Imagine it 6-8 shades darker from 4 coats air dry spray wax. I can send a pic to your email and you can post if you want. Let me know. It looks just like the blocks you like now. I like it much better than the one I sold you. 100% Stabwood. The joke is I paid less than 1/2 for this one. I sure hope this one does not self destruct too. VA's are usually a good bet though.

that looks great ! and darker, even better. Todd, you can send me pics to post any time you want, don't even ask, just send em.
only thing, if you "don't" want me to post a pic, make sure to say so, otherwisse i'm posting that shit up !
but, you do know it is very easy to post pics here, right ?

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I couldn't figure it out gave up. just want you to see the new one but wait till later when I take a pic please. Manny, you just got done saying they DON'T need Poly unless a high end Mod or some shit! You said wax was good enough. In fact Synthetic Spray wax almost is Poly. Just not gloss. There is matt Poly though. My sack is all shribbled and dry so that is not a problem. Too many years of Jock powder. I just called someone up here to bring my Amazon package. It is that Damn $85 Apple cable we were discussing.

I got a question. If you did perhaps dig Apple. Don't you think Apple is more Iconic in white than black? I think black is more modern but white is classic Apple IMO. Mine is white anyways.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sent you an email jinx'd. Do you have any idea if it was defective or my fault yet? Don't worry I won't be offended if it was my fault.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess jinx'd went to bed before he posted my new Mod.....I hardly sleep. That is pretty common when you get to be my age or so I am told by Doctors. Well, I know because my few friends my age don't sleep much either and siblings over 100 like my Brother across the hall do not sleep whatsoever! It does not suck, it is just not necessary.

I thought that was Manny's home. I was going to say that is a rather large dining room for a 5,000 square foot home. I guess you could if your priority was entertaining. then go with smaller bedrooms or something. That is the nice thing about custom homes. Even if I had a "average" budget" I would never buy a "spec" home. You can buy a custom home in the rich suburbs for $200,000. Yes, that is the rich suburbs. Don't be shocked. I am sure other places a new home is only $60,000. Just guessing. I think currently the national average housing starts is over $400,000. I could be wrong about that too though.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw some high end custom Mods that feature a "hand rubbed wax finish". I would feel safer with Poly though. I just sprayed this VA with Synthetic wax because it was not worth my guys time. VA is no big deal to me anymore. I will buy 'em and toss 'em. With that mentality I feel much better about them. Who the hell are they? It is not Foo, that is for sure. Hopefully jinx'd will post my pic later and you folks can see how it looks. I think it looks pretty good for a production Mod. Better than it did stock(darker, more 3D).

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I guess jinx'd went to bed before he posted my new Mod.....I hardly sleep. That is pretty common when you get to be my age or so I am told by Doctors. Well, I know because my few friends my age don't sleep much either and siblings over 100 like my Brother across the hall do not sleep whatsoever! It does not suck, it is just not necessary.

I thought that was Manny's home. I was going to say that is a rather large dining room for a 5,000 square foot home. I guess you could if your priority was entertaining. then go with smaller bedrooms or something. That is the nice thing about custom homes. Even if I had a "average" budget" I would never buy a "spec" home. You can buy a custom home in the rich suburbs for $200,000. Yes, that is the rich suburbs. Don't be shocked. I am sure other places a new home is only $60,000. Just guessing. I think currently the national average housing starts is over $400,000. I could be wrong about that too though.

i did. when i don't have to work the next day, about 8pm i go in the garage and have around 6 beers and listen to music.
i hit the sack at about 11pm.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw some high end custom Mods that feature a "hand rubbed wax finish". I would feel safer with Poly though. I just sprayed this VA with Synthetic wax because it was not worth my guys time. VA is no big deal to me anymore. I will buy 'em and toss 'em. With that mentality I feel much better about them. Who the hell are they? It is not Foo, that is for sure. Hopefully jinx'd will post my pic later and you folks can see how it looks. I think it looks pretty good for a production Mod. Better than it did stock(darker, more 3D).
I have a Woody that get's every day a good hand rubbing.......

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok Todd. you want me to be honest, so here it is. but let me say this first. i hope i don't offend you, i know what your situation is, and well, you just can't help it. (i hope that came out ok). and 2, i am not a pro, just some knucklehead. but i do have some experience working with stab, as you know.

what happened. the mod got wet, probably juice, a little here, a little there, it addds up.. i doubt you took a shower with it or left it outside in the rain.
the juice darkened the wood. and it swelled the wood. when it swells, it has to go somewhere. the wood got taller and wider. the right(more wood) side is taller than the left(much less wood). the mod is about 2mm taller. that is why the battery cap adjustment had to go so far in.
the horn thing. as that got taller, it didn't have enough strength, because its so thin there, it just couldn't push up. so it went out. very much like "plate tectonics "

stab. this stuff is tough, at least concidering what it looks like. but its not as tough as you think. i don't give a shit what they do, they just can't get all of the air out of there. and well, wood itself is not the toughest material around.

so, saying this. i don't see it being VA's fault. its just the nature of the beast.

on your new one. try to force some of your wax between the face plate, top and bottom plates, and the wood = create a seal.
the 510 (says VA on it) and the top plate are 2 different pieces, put some wax there also.
and keep doing this at least now&then.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck. I guess they had enough experience to see it then. They should have just said so instead have been bitches. That is also why the pic is so bad obviously. I am shaking like the trees in the Hurricane. The atomizer does not leak. I miss filling it! I wipe it right off. I get what you are saying. So then spray wax is best for this because it will seal/bond everything together with a film. Good thing I choose spray wax. Does the new one look nice though?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck. I guess they had enough experience to see it then. They should have just said so instead have been bitches. That is also why the pic is so bad obviously. I am shaking like the trees in the Hurricane. The atomizer does not leak. I miss filling it! I wipe it right off. I get what you are saying. So then spray wax is best for this because it will seal/bond everything together with a film. Good thing I choose spray wax. Does the new one look nice though?
I like the new one too..... But they say it's a 21700 Titanium and it's not.....

it's polished stainless......

The 26650 Ti now that's how Titanium feels and looks........

The wax doesn't last long maybe a week, but that should be part of your maintenance schedule......

Wax on, wax off...... Weekly and at the same time also inside the battery tube if you see wood inside the tube...... Wood cracks from the inside out.......

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Synthetic spray wax in this application should last months. Lasts 50 car washes. I am so stupid. I just realized why the post was screwed all the way out, because the plate was so far away from the body! It says it is Titanium but I agree it looks reversed. I do not trust them at all.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Fuck. I guess they had enough experience to see it then.

They should have just said so instead have been bitches.

The atomizer does not leak. I miss filling it! I wipe it right off. I get what you are saying.

So then spray wax is best for this because it will seal/bond everything together with a film. Good thing I choose spray wax.

Does the new one look nice though?

they probably have seen it many times. you describe it to them, they know what is wrong without even seeing it.

yeah, they could have explained it better.

like i said, all it takes is a little, you think its nothing. but when it happens a lot, it all adds up . and i remeber you saying that you, at least used to, use A LOT of juice. and thats a lot of fills, and a lot of drops.

you know Todd. idk what exactly would be best. you said you were using wax, so i said get the wax in those places to help keep juice from going inside the mod. look at it this way, you lock the front door, someone sneeks in the unlocked back door.

no, it doesn't look nice. it looks great !

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I like the new one too..... But they say it's a 21700 Titanium and it's not.....

it's polished stainless......

The 26650 Ti now that's how Titanium feels and looks........

ya know Manny. i thought the 26650 was Ti, i'm not so sure. Ti is pretty expensive. and i weight both of them, there is 2 grams diffferent. i think the 26650 is bead blasted. i'm thinking titanium is just a name. course, i could be wrong.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ya know Manny. i thought the 26650 was Ti, i'm not so sure. Ti is pretty expensive. and i weight both of them, there is 2 grams diffferent. i think the 26650 is bead blasted. i'm thinking titanium is just a name. course, i could be wrong.
I think they are scammers

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Synthetic spray wax in this application should last months. Lasts 50 car washes. I am so stupid. I just realized why the post was screwed all the way out, because the plate was so far away from the body! It says it is Titanium but I agree it looks reversed. I do not trust them at all.
On a car maybe(last) not on wood..... Remember the moisture and salt on your hands..... Big determining factor........

The first (10) coats get sucked into the wood.......

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not see how they can mislead like that. That is fraud. It is not China. They can be punished by the US. If the US even cares. They might be banking on that in fact. If the 21700 is lighter it could be TI or the 21700 is just smaller. We have no clue. Would need a metallurgy expert. Are we going to pay for that? I think not. Spray wax is not absorbed. It forms a film on top. It should last months on this. Sealing the pieces together. Nonetheless, I shall reapply it every three months or so. You do not want it to build up faster than it wears off or it will turn white.

R.I.P. Shotgun coil that lasted just shy of four months! That was my best one yet by far. Usually they last me 6-8 weeks. I bought enough for 50 years anyways. I will be long gone by then. I also bought enough juice for 50 years. I bought 46 gallons LOL. I got a deal I think is even cheaper than DIY and this is good juice. I got $115 per gallon with free shipping. Do not expect that price unless you are ordering as much as I did from where I did. Regular price is still very good at $169-$185 per gallon. As much as some of us vape if we don't DIY it makes sense to have foresight and order gallons. Much cheaper in the long run. They have limited flavors but they are top shelf IMO. This other guy ripped me off on a gallon for $245 that would not steep. Then he wanted to see me tobacco resellers license. I blew him off. This stuff came already steeped! The VGod is the best tank ever and little known. Blows away any Uwell IMO.

I am glad you folks like my new Mod. I think it is nicer than the one I sold jinx'd when it was new. It is 100% Stabwood too, like high end Mods. It just does not have a glossy finish but I saw many high end Mods with a "rubbed" matt finish. Or even hand waxed finish. Some people prefer bare "living" wood. I like it. Juice is unavoidable for me. So I will be relegated to "cheap" Mods that are "disposable" to me. That mainly means VA and Asmodus. I am just not going to use my expensive Mods but very seldom if at all now. I do not wish to ruin those. I already dripped juice all over this one. Of course I wiped it off. Hopefully with the spray wax it does not find itself inside as quickly. I can put Butchers in the battery tube. You cannot mix Butchers and spray wax. The Butchers will remove the spray wax due to the caustic Terps in it. That stuff is hella strong.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I do not see how they can mislead like that. That is fraud. It is not China. They can be punished by the US. If the US even cares. They might be banking on that in fact. If the 21700 is lighter it could be TI or the 21700 is just smaller. We have no clue. Would need a metallurgy expert. Are we going to pay for that? I think not.

Spray wax is not absorbed. It forms a film on top. It should last months on this. Sealing the pieces together. Nonetheless, I shall reapply it every three months or so. You do not want it to build up faster than it wears off or it will turn white.

like i said, if they don't "claim" it to be real Ti, they can name it anything they want. "if" a buyer wants real Ti, its up to them to find out if it actually is real Ti. i should email them aand ask, to see what they say.

the wax. you should and will i'm sure, monitor than in an ongoing basis.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
R.I.P. Shotgun coil that lasted just shy of four months! That was my best one yet by far. Usually they last me 6-8 weeks. I bought enough for 50 years anyways. I will be long gone by then. I also bought enough juice for 50 years. I bought 46 gallons LOL. I got a deal I think is even cheaper than DIY and this is good juice. I got $115 per gallon with free shipping. Do not expect that price unless you are ordering as much as I did from where I did. Regular price is still very good at $169-$185 per gallon. As much as some of us vape if we don't DIY it makes sense to have foresight and order gallons. Much cheaper in the long run. They have limited flavors but they are top shelf IMO. This other guy ripped me off on a gallon for $245 that would not steep. Then he wanted to see me tobacco resellers license. I blew him off. This stuff came already steeped! The VGod is the best tank ever and little known. Blows away any Uwell IMO.

I am glad you folks like my new Mod. I think it is nicer than the one I sold jinx'd when it was new. It is 100% Stabwood too, like high end Mods. It just does not have a glossy finish but I saw many high end Mods with a "rubbed" matt finish. Or even hand waxed finish. Some people prefer bare "living" wood. I like it. Juice is unavoidable for me. So I will be relegated to "cheap" Mods that are "disposable" to me. That mainly means VA and Asmodus. I am just not going to use my expensive Mods but very seldom if at all now. I do not wish to ruin those. I already dripped juice all over this one. Of course I wiped it off. Hopefully with the spray wax it does not find itself inside as quickly. I can put Butchers in the battery tube. You cannot mix Butchers and spray wax. The Butchers will remove the spray wax due to the caustic Terps in it. That stuff is hella strong.

if you have that many coils and they last that long, i think you should change 1 a month, reguardless =better more reliable vape. jmo.

i didn't do the math, but think i could make a galloon for $60'ish. but from someone that doesn't do DIY, that is a darned good price.

it is nicer. not only that, think you SHOULD use your nicer mods. no one will ever appreciate them as much as you, so YOU should use them.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just feel bad if I wreck them. I cannot help spilling the juice. I cannot get many of those Mods ever again. I will use them seldom. I do prefer Poly but I can only burden my staff so much. They have other jobs to do. To many of them this is nonsense. Others do not care. Some will challenge me even though I pay them. I actually like that. They have balls. That is how you go places. Or get fired. Indeed, best flavor is about a month. I will keep my eye on the wax. Honestly it should last a few years. I plan on every few months. As I said too much, it will build up and turn white though. You must at least wear some off. Hands are wet and salty so should wear some off. That is a strong film. It is nothing like furniture wax. Plus it makes a gapless seal so the caps separating should not happen again. I would appreciate if you ask them if it is real TI. They may not be above lying though. They will not talk to me. I saw you were in the Billet Box thread. What is that? My Rebel came already. From the looks of it, indestructible. I am tempted to just use that one exclusively. Stabwood is not really for a guy that spills juice all over it IMO. I do not mind to wreck a VA but would be really sad if I wrecked one that is irreplaceable. Plus VA should just have said your fault sir instead of had been dicks. After 8 emails to even get their attention. I am sure I did nothing offensive to them. $60 a gallon is good but I can't do it. Plus is it this good? This is honestly top shelf. I certainly hope this wax is what I think it is. That I am not already ruining this and I do not even know. Well, that should not be the case. In the commercial they light a car on fire than wipe it off! That may be BS I am not sure. I know the guy that owns the company, he is a real ass.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Todd. our juice is oily. while i do not "know", i bet it is harsher on wax than you think it is. just keep an eye on it, now you know better and are more educated in what to look for. watch the wax. look at it this way, would you rather have a wax line or a fucked up mod ?

Billet Box is a mod where the tank is on the inside. lots of pros and cons. look in the other BB thread, to see mine and more info.

making juice is basicly like cooking food. if you are good at it = better food. if you are not so good at it, well.
the stuff i make, its not bad, even good. i have bought better, but, for a lot more money. i will make my own =DIY. FAR more economical.

VU Sponsors