Become a Patron!

I want to see everyone's wood....... (Stabwood, wood, mixed ) Regulated, Mechanical, Wood look alike

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It was nice out of the box but I think it looks better all polished up.

Before
bf04e7b2acb943974e68be0b38402c14.jpg

cdf06567cdbd84547cd090a23452b54e.jpg

After
516ae6a59e71dd4bef8783465b067d31.jpg

ba7c3448bd3c4d9690a6c948a9b706d0.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

REAL nice there G

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sold all kinds of shit today..... Voltrove 30 mm black V2, Voltrove 41mm, (2) Black Modfathers, (3) stainless Modfathers ..

(3) Limitless 25mm rdtas red

And I priced everything retail price.......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hey everyone hope you’re all doing well. I’ve been letting the thumb tendons heal so I’ve been off line.

A couple of weeks ago I asked if anyone knew about the VA 26650 Primos that are being sold on eBay.

Someone mentioned that they had one and there was a problem with hear build up with the battery and or battery cap. That it got so hot it couldn’t be held.

Does anyone know anything about this? Was this a common problem with the VA 26650 Primos? Or was this just an isolated problem and an unlucky break?

Thanks kids!! I’ll be around more soon. I have an update on the Asmodus I used hardwood polish on and how it’s holding up.

that was me/mine. I got it from Manny. the battery cap, it can get momentarily hot, basically, just when firing. I found that if the cap is not turned all the way tight, it doesn't not, either, get hot at all, or very little. and this is at 60w. I "think" I know what the problem is, and I am going to be working on a hopefull fix in the next few days. .. now, if you do not hold the mod in such a way that you do not touch the batt cap, you will never notice. once I fired it to get it HOT, then I took out the battery very quickly, it was not hot or even worm.

it seems to me that it is a common problem, VA sounded like they knew about it. Manny and VA told me not to turn up the power, and this does cut back on the issue. but it is really just a bandaid. as the 75DNAc can be used up to 75w and boost with no issues.

the 26650 Primo's on ebay. if I was looking for one and liked what he had. I would not hesitate.

20190819_203435.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that was me/mine. I got it from Manny. the battery cap, it can get momentarily hot, basically, just when firing. I found that if the cap is not turned all the way tight, it doesn't not, either, get hot at all, or very little. and this is at 60w. I "think" I know what the problem is, and I am going to be working on a hopefull fix in the next few days. .. now, if you do not hold the mod in such a way that you do not touch the batt cap, you will never notice. once I fired it to get it HOT, then I took out the battery very quickly, it was not hot or even worm.

it seems to me that it is a common problem, VA sounded like they knew about it. Manny and VA told me not to turn up the power, and this does cut back on the issue. but it is really just a bandaid. as the 75DNAc can be used up to 75w and boost with no issues.

the 26650 Primo's on ebay. if I was looking for one and liked what he had. I would not hesitate.

View attachment 144802
You think is the battery cap ? Or is it heat coming out of those (2) little holes on the cap ?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 144802
That's a beautiful mod brother

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. VA spoke with you but did their best to ignore me right off the bat. Perhaps because my title read "Warranty issue?" I am sure they just love that. If they figure it might be within the 10 day's then they probably just blow you off for 10 day's. I kind of do not think they are in the business of replacing their Mods. Just what I gathered from them. If the 26650 has a nut in the middle of the battery cap try tightening it or rather extend it a bit. That very well may fix the problem if it indeed has one. The 21700 will get smoking hot if the nut is not making solid contact.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You think is the battery cap ? Or is it heat coming out of those (2) little holes on the cap ?

99.9999% it's the cap, though, it is slightly, .000000001%, possible it is the wire connection to the base. but it is the cap that gets hot.
oh, it is also possible that it is the connection between the battery and the cap. I am looking for a thin piece of copper to set in there to tighten it up. and it also possible that it is the connection between the copper button and the cap, as idk how those are attached. I am figuring a press fit, but they 'may' have used some kind of adhesive, and this could cause a poor connection.
all that said, why did the problem improve when I turn the cap back ?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
If the 26650 has a nut in the middle of the battery cap try tightening it or rather extend it a bit. That very well may fix the problem if it indeed has one. The 21700 will get smoking hot if the nut is not making solid contact.

it does not have an adjustment. this cap is to parts, the cap and the copper battery contact disc. no adjusstments what so ever

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That's a beautiful mod brother

thank you sir, you would know. but I think it is even more stunning now. I added some color to it, and the poly made the wood sside a very cool subtle green and brought out more parttern.

I do not regret buying this, it is my favorit.

Todd. that damaged Primo you have. what are you going to be doing with it ?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thank you sir, you would know. but I think it is even more stunning now. I added some color to it, and the poly made the wood sside a very cool subtle green and brought out more parttern.

I do not regret buying this, it is my favorit.

Todd. that damaged Primo you have. what are you going to be doing with it ?
He should send it to you.....Maybe you can bring her back to life........

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
99.9999% it's the cap, though, it is slightly, .000000001%, possible it is the wire connection to the base. but it is the cap that gets hot.
oh, it is also possible that it is the connection between the battery and the cap. I am looking for a thin piece of copper to set in there to tighten it up. and it also possible that it is the connection between the copper button and the cap, as idk how those are attached. I am figuring a press fit, but they 'may' have used some kind of adhesive, and this could cause a poor connection.
all that said, why did the problem improve when I turn the cap back ?
Yeah....that twist close doesn't make a good contact like a screw in style......
5e41446e99f9d3687567d692fbcf813e.jpg

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Took a drive today to needle head park....... It's a National monument....... Not much to see ..... Jumped on my bike and drove 160 miles back home....... Took the Java with me for a spin........
be5b96ac727bb9905edf67e1530baa3d.jpg

264ae85bd026653dd7b8a62d2c4fea5c.jpg

That’s a great park name! Lol. That is beautiful, as always.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Famovapeofficial1

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
I just won a Famovape Magma mod. The resin panels looked pretty excellent, but I’m not sure which one I’m getting. Hope it’s not really heavy since it’s 200w, which means it takes two batteries. But I guess the charge will last a really long time.

Shit, at least the FireLuke tank I dropped and broke is on sale for $16. If you end up knocking over yours, it’s not really a tragedy with the other mods you’ve got, though!
What color did you get? :vino:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Obviously I got sick. I figured you folks new that by now. jinx'd you know my memory is gone. I do not remember if you told me your name. Want to use the old PM we had and tell me? New York city Rhianne? Indeed, cool if so. Well anywhere on the island is pretty cool. I am happier now though but it was Chicago in my case. Chicago never really changed since Mobsters. I know, I defended them all. It might finally be now, with the new Mayor. Jinx'd cannot fix this, no way. I am keeping it as an "ultra" beater. Jinx'd they sell varying thickness of copper foil at Home Depot. I think the thinnest is .15MM. See, good companies change their CNC tools while they are still sharp. I am sure VA does, so that is not the issue. Like 50 cent knock off Gillette razors they run the tools until they would not even cut you. I know the Spray wax worked. 4 day's sick. Just picked up the new Mod. It was stuck to the table with juice. Did not damage the finish whatsoever. Spray wax is like Poly "junior" IMO. Not as hard to apply, 80% of the benefit. It is not permeant but close to it in this application. To me that is the best of both worlds. I can always put on more no problem. Add new Poly over old Poly is a big No-No. Manny, that horizontal pic of the Java above is the best yet IMO. The colors are the best I have ever seen. The cap itself is a work of art IMO. Plus it is 100% custom for you. Custom Mods are not truly "custom" in the sense that they are made to your exact specs. The Java indeed is. It is honestly one of a kind and that is not IMO, that is a fact! Well I am going back to bed for a few hours and should be all good when I wake up. I mean, still right into the chair but otherwise "normal" for me. I wish I could post a pic of my defective VA before and after. You have never seen some shit like this happen! You could not even achieve this with outright abuse!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Jinx'd cannot fix this, no way. I am keeping it as an "ultra" beater.!

it can be fixed. to like new, probably not. but fixed, yes. anyway, you say it is working, I was going to offer to buy it from you.
I would then get a new stab block and replace the old. just a thought.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Obviously I got sick. I figured you folks new that by now. jinx'd you know my memory is gone. I do not remember if you told me your name. Want to use the old PM we had and tell me? New York city Rhianne? Indeed, cool if so. Well anywhere on the island is pretty cool. I am happier now though but it was Chicago in my case. Chicago never really changed since Mobsters. I know, I defended them all. It might finally be now, with the new Mayor. Jinx'd cannot fix this, no way. I am keeping it as an "ultra" beater. Jinx'd they sell varying thickness of copper foil at Home Depot. I think the thinnest is .15MM. See, good companies change their CNC tools while they are still sharp. I am sure VA does, so that is not the issue. Like 50 cent knock off Gillette razors they run the tools until they would not even cut you. I know the Spray wax worked. 4 day's sick. Just picked up the new Mod. It was stuck to the table with juice. Did not damage the finish whatsoever. Spray wax is like Poly "junior" IMO. Not as hard to apply, 80% of the benefit. It is not permeant but close to it in this application. To me that is the best of both worlds. I can always put on more no problem. Add new Poly over old Poly is a big No-No. Manny, that horizontal pic of the Java above is the best yet IMO. The colors are the best I have ever seen. The cap itself is a work of art IMO. Plus it is 100% custom for you. Custom Mods are not truly "custom" in the sense that they are made to your exact specs. The Java indeed is. It is honestly one of a kind and that is not IMO, that is a fact! Well I am going back to bed for a few hours and should be all good when I wake up. I mean, still right into the chair but otherwise "normal" for me. I wish I could post a pic of my defective VA before and after. You have never seen some shit like this happen! You could not even achieve this with outright abuse!

You were a defense attorney? That’s interesting, you probably have some great stories. I’m in one of the Five Boros of NY, technically part of the City but far away enough to be affordable and pretty quiet/nice. Im glad you feel a little better, and good that you have someone to look after you 24/7. That’s one great benefit of money, imho.
Did you try to contact Vape Ants within warranty? Although a 30 or even 90 day warranty isn’t really enough time to know if something is reliable or not. I think Smok has that down, their stuff will work for the amount of time covered by the warranty and then crap out. Have a good one and feel better!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Their warranty is 10 day's LOL. I bought it about 7 month's ago. To boot they were not very nice to me. Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens.....Or you don't want to say? I understand about the city. A parking space costs as much as an entire 2 flat in the Boro's. As long as say you don't live in Jamaica Queens I am sure it is very nice. Especially if you have a view of the skyline. Thank you for wishing me well.

I have told stories here. That is why I finally quit. I have repeated here many times. There are 100+ defendants that would assume put a bullet in me before I take my last breath. Some people with 500 Federal indictments you just cannot get off 100%. If you get them a great plea you are a superb Attorney. I almost always did so in fact. No, 10 years instead of death was not good enough for them. Have bounty on my head instead. I ride around in bullet/bomb proof vehicle with armed body guards. I live in the middle of nowhere but it is not hard to find me. The only reason they don't attempt my life is we have ex-Navy Seals for body guards and Bank grade security inside and out.

Jinx'd it is seriously destroyed. You want it? Shoot me a number. Don't be afraid to go low. It is just junk to me now. Remember though I think I paid over $900 for this one. Although that hardly means anything now. I was just mentioning it for whatever reason. Do not take that into consideration please! I did not realize you can do that! Well, I guess I should have known given what you just did with the LV. I will have to mail it sometime next week. Please one thing though, factor in postage. I think flat rate is about $15? Just go to USPS and look it up. I will have to put my Daughters return address as usual since you know we do not have a physical address. No problem for some kid to drive up to a PO though. You can just use PayPal? I am flabbergasted that you even want it! Thank you for the offer! Just PM me please.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Their warranty is 10 day's LOL. I bought it about 7 month's ago. To boot they were not very nice to me. Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens.....Or you don't want to say? I understand about the city. A parking space costs as much as an entire 2 flat in the Boro's. As long as say you don't live in Jamaica Queens I am sure it is very nice. Especially if you have a view of the skyline. Thank you for wishing me well.

I have told stories here. That is why I finally quit. I have repeated here many times. There are 100+ defendants that would assume put a bullet in me before I take my last breath. Some people with 500 Federal indictments you just cannot get off 100%. If you get them a great plea you are a superb Attorney. I almost always did so in fact. No, 10 years instead of death was not good enough for them. Have bounty on my head instead. I ride around in bullet/bomb proof vehicle with armed body guards. I live in the middle of nowhere but it is not hard to find me. The only reason they don't attempt my life is we have ex-Navy Seals for body guards and Bank grade security inside and out.

Jinx'd it is seriously destroyed. You want it? Shoot me a number. Don't be afraid to go low. It is just junk to me now. Remember though I think I paid over $900 for this one. Although that hardly means anything now. I was just mentioning it for whatever reason. Do not take that into consideration please! I did not realize you can do that! Well, I guess I should have known given what you just did with the LV. I will have to mail it sometime next week. Please one thing though, factor in postage. I think flat rate is about $15? Just go to USPS and look it up. I will have to put my Daughters return address as usual since you know we do not have a physical address. No problem for some kid to drive up to a PO though. You can just use PayPal? I am flabbergasted that you even want it! Thank you for the offer! Just PM me please.
I hope your feeling better Todd...... I got up at 3:00 am and my blood sugar was 29mg

I ate a bunch of sugar pills and still got up with 70mg sugar....

Been dragging ass today and went by a motorcycle shop called Spooky fast.......

They completed (3) bikes for my Marine buddies. .... They are Harley folk. .....
904072601bd30a47c00dc90c599198ef.jpg
e1e2d62423ee2469a5a4e8c3c6f2c5d0.jpg
6786502f8ea0bc2020217b6571c2cc06.jpg
1aff48b7dad0e078e3f139a32dc0855a.jpg
ba27d5fbe40cf32197e1edef91524331.jpg
c4be078d902c8866ba4f925e0529acc5.jpg
a096dbfdbc0d67549b05a1e51a34d9f6.jpg

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those are pretty cool but obviously BMW is still a much better bike. Still, most Military folks will only buy an American bike. I completely understand their reasoning but.... They are kind of shooting off their own feet there. I mean heck, you are Military yourself and know better. Some do. It is interesting you will find it is mostly high ranking officers Generals, Admirals ETC that only like the best regardless where it is made. They often know they already gave to the Country, they owe no more Plus maybe more education factors into it, that I don't know. I am sure though a Second Lieutenant Is much more likely to buy a Harley than a General. Either way I thank them all for their service and they are entitled to get whatever they think they should. I would like to see one that says "Semper-FI". Yes, we use ex-Seals here but I like the Marines plenty too. "operators" would be the equivalent of seals but for some reason you never see them looking for work. I would get any Military first for security. Way before Law enforcement. Law enforcement is good at what they do but it is not high stakes warfare. Anyways I do not say Harley is "bad" it is just not the kind of refinement BMW offers you. They are two different things. I like Harley for the "grunt" but do not see how people ride them cross country. Choppers even. Look cool at the sake of any comfort. A Harley lacks things your bike has standard. Such as tire pressure monitoring and stability control. It is just much more advanced. Harley is kind of unchanged with the times. Goldwing is nice but for the money I would still chose yours. Yours is exceptionally nice and you got a great deal too. You know it is good because a Doctor owned it. Doctors do not take risks. The Harleys are indeed cooler customized though. Which leads me to one thing. You would never see a customized BMW! It speaks for itself as-is! I certainly do not mean to offend anyone, these are solely my own dumb opinions.

On that note jinx'd must be crunching numbers right now or something LOL. I am kind of lying down for a bit though but will check if he PM'd me hopefully later if I wake up.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those are pretty cool but obviously BMW is still a much better bike. Still, most Military folks will only buy an American bike. I completely understand their reasoning but.... They are kind of shooting off their own feet there. I mean heck, you are Military yourself and know better. Some do. It is interesting you will find it is mostly high ranking officers Generals, Admirals ETC that only like the best regardless where it is made. They often know they already gave to the Country, they owe no more Plus maybe more education factors into it, that I don't know. I am sure though a Second Lieutenant Is much more likely to buy a Harley than a General. Either way I thank them all for their service and they are entitled to get whatever they think they should. I would like to see one that says "Semper-FI". Yes, we use ex-Seals here but I like the Marines plenty too. "operators" would be the equivalent of seals but for some reason you never see them looking for work. I would get any Military first for security. Way before Law enforcement. Law enforcement is good at what they do but it is not high stakes warfare. Anyways I do not say Harley is "bad" it is just not the kind of refinement BMW offers you. They are two different things. I like Harley for the "grunt" but do not see how people ride them cross country. Choppers even. Look cool at the sake of any comfort. A Harley lacks things your bike has standard. Such as tire pressure monitoring and stability control. It is just much more advanced. Harley is kind of unchanged with the times. Goldwing is nice but for the money I would still chose yours. Yours is exceptionally nice and you got a great deal too. You know it is good because a Doctor owned it. Doctors do not take risks. The Harleys are indeed cooler customized though. Which leads me to one thing. You would never see a customized BMW! It speaks for itself as-is! I certainly do not mean to offend anyone, these are solely my own dumb opinions.

On that note jinx'd must be crunching numbers right now or something LOL. I am kind of lying down for a bit though but will check if he PM'd me hopefully later if I wake up.
Yeah, I lived and drove vehicles in Germany.......So BMW is my favorite name brand specially with motorcycles......

It's a bike to jump on it and simply go.....Not only for touring, but it handles curves and stops like a sport bike......

The guys in the group are Marines and are more like buy American.....

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Todd. I think i would like it, but remember, i have not seen it. and Idk if juice can damage a chip. as it is, it is basically only worth about what the parts cost. the chip and screen is $55 new. the other parts are somewhat custom, (as you know), so that is worth something. is the screen not damaged ? I have a screen that got juice in it and it looks not so good.
all of the metal, any damage ?
the wood. I don't care about that. other than the interest of seeing what you say is "seriously destroyed", and how it is damaged.

postage. Manny sent mine priority for $9. paypal = yes. and our agreed price would include shipping, just easier that way.

as far as what you would like for it, also concider this. you would be contributing to the vape mod database, as for me opening this thing up and seeing how it is put together. and then the enjoyment of seeing me build a new one = I would post all progress here.
so, put a # in your head. I will chew on it. and we can see where this goes.

that is a 21700 iirc ? not that it matters.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is the 21700. the metal is fine. the screen was recently replaced along with the board. AFAIK the screen and board are fine. Evolv will replace it if they are not anyways. the Board with the screen is $79. I guess I would take $80 with shipping? You sounded like $55 though. Remember I am pretty sure I had paid over $900 for this. Otherwise I might as well just keep it. I have to pay a kid $20 to drive 160 miles each way to a PO too. I am not trying to be a jerk but it is not really worth giving away for nothing since the Board is $79 minus $ you say $9 for shipping minus $2o to pay a kid to bring it leaves me with $50 for it. Lower than that I might as well just keep it. If you get a block for whatever it costs and put in the labor you will have a very nice Mod. It is a DNA75C. It has the battery cap and I believe I can find the original box no problem. Although then it will not fit in the smallest PO box so It will cost me a little more and I forgot I also have to purchase the box. so really I get about $40 I guess. which is fine with me but lower than that I might as well just keep it as a beater. It operates absolutely fine and the metal, wiring, 510 ETC are all brand new within the last 2 months,. Plus can be replaced for you again anytime fre of charge if need be by Evolv. No questions asked. Just say you are me. I will give you my last name in PM you can use. I used my "American" name which you use too. I hope this does not insult you. I just feel me getting les than about $40 all said and done just is not worth it since it still works fine and I can still in fact use it. Say it costs you $100 for a block and 6 hours labor(just guessing) you have a beautiful expensive Mod for a total of $180 not counting what you feel your labor is worth. You could not possibly get the need product you will have for $180. I certainly do not mean to insult you though. I hope you are not. If you feel $80 is too much I would prefer to just keep it then. I am not sure where you saw the board W/screen is $55? Regardless still working I feel it is worth the price of the board, which is almost new, working fine, plus wiring, button, 510 ETC. Just please do not feel insulted. If my offer is too much we will just forget it then. No hard feelings. You are my friend and I wish for things to stay that way.

Manny, I did not know they were Marines. I figured that was the least likely branch to buy Harley. See what I know LOL. I kind of figured Army was most likely to buy Harley. Not biased just guessing. Actually I have no idea.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The new 2020 BMW M5 is one heck of an outstanding sedan. Not much for 5 feet of snow but on dry ground it is more like a Porsche 911 than a sedan. It is incredible. so is a 340I though. any BMW is great. You can't go wrong with any one of them. Car or bike. Just take care of them and they will take care of you. They easily last 500,000 miles before major rebuild. For the M5's performance that says a heck of a lot. Sure, they are expensive to own but what the heck it is a $175,000 car. What does anyone expect.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Todd. I will gladly give you $80 for it. that's kinda funny, as that is the exact price is was going to offer, but I was afraid to offer that as to not offend. . I think we are closer than we think we are.

a block will be a lot less than $100. and labor will be A LOT more than 6 hours. but I am good with that, this is a hobby. and how often do we get paid fair price for a hobby =never. so my labor cost is not as issue what so ever. I am doing it because I like it.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The new 2020 BMW M5 is one heck of an outstanding sedan. Not much for 5 feet of snow but on dry ground it is more like a Porsche 911 than a sedan. It is incredible. so is a 340I though. any BMW is great. You can't go wrong with any one of them. Car or bike. Just take care of them and they will take care of you. They easily last 500,000 miles before major rebuild. For the M5's performance that says a heck of a lot. Sure, they are expensive to own but what the heck it is a $175,000 car. What does anyone expect.
Yeah I had an 1992 M5 sedan, one of my favorites ever also drove a 1987 635 M6 also known as a 635 coupe M series....... This car ha ha.....270km/hr with a cup of coffee in one hand and smoking a cigarette too on the German Autobahn ..... Outrageous vehicle......

One of my first Beemers was an M3 Cicotto coupe...... Had a spoiler on it that was huge..... That car was wide too...... It had 285 front and 345 deep dish rear wheels and tires.... Beast

Yeah man had my share of DB too..... All AMG ......

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you so much jinx'd! Just PM me please. I will give you my email and you your address. I did not know if I ship first or you pay first? Believe it or not I have never done a private sale! I trust you 100% though. I hope you do with me likewise.

Manny, you had the 4 Cylinder E3 with the huge wing? I bet you wish you still had that! Clean with very low mileage, like less than 30K miles that car is currently going for $150,000! Sure, it is not as fast as a new one but it is awesome in it's own right. I really enjoyed Porsche 944 turbo S back in the day. Funny thing, back then 5.5 0-60 stock was crazy fast. Now fastest stock AMG MB runs 10.5 second quarter! It just boarders on not requiring a rollbar. See, it has a "pop up roll bar" That is how they are getting away with it. Most drag strips will not allow it though. On the street it is crazy. Now, with AWD and launch control it is super easy to launch too. Almost no drama. I remember Once I had 4 people in the AMG going 230MPH drinking a large iced coffee in one hand. I actually honestly didn't even mean to. It felt like we were going 70! That is the difference between a MB and a Corvette. The ZR1 is rambunctious the MB you do not even feel the speed. 700+ feet of torque does not even put you back in the seat! It is literally incredible. If I could still drive I would like the new M5 though. It is splendid. Now no more M3 . just M2. It is nice but the M5 is where it is at now, or last years M3 if someone does not have enough cash or wants a smaller more tossable car. The M5 is solid and planted though. Your old one actually had larger rear rims! The problem was you obviously could not rotate them which made it extra expensive back then the way they spun. Yes, the top AMG is faster, twice the price but I prefer the M5. The ultimate driving machine. Although the Audi RS7 is also a very nice car and crazy fast. I just hope the future is not electric unless they greatly improve the range. The speed is already there. A loaded Tesla Model S does 0-60 in 1.8 seconds! Electric motors are full torque at zero RPM as you know. It is not the same. Their 700HP at the wheels is more like 1400HP on gas! Still I do not care at all for the limited range. Plus fast charge just kills the battery life span. Electricity also costs more than gas too here. Supercars are one trick pony's. These sedans are super car performance you can haul your family in and drive everyday. Maybe not in 5 feet of snow.

I might not check here until tomorrow but please PM me when you can jinx'd. Thank you, I appreciate it! I am glad you get a nice project you like. It will be very cool to see what you do with it. I can't say for sure there is not juice on the board but like I said if you don't like it Evolv will replace it no problem. It does work absolutely fine though. No dent's or scratches on metal. I took care of it as usual. It was just defective. Plus VA were not very nice to me. That, I found to be very odd.

I hope you feel okay Manny. I still feel like crap but way better than before.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thank you so much jinx'd! Just PM me please. I will give you my email and you your address. I did not know if I ship first or you pay first? Believe it or not I have never done a private sale! I trust you 100% though. I hope you do with me likewise.

I might not check here until tomorrow but please PM me when you can jinx'd. Thank you, I appreciate it! I am glad you get a nice project you like. It will be very cool to see what you do with it. I can't say for sure there is not juice on the board but like I said if you don't like it Evolv will replace it no problem. It does work absolutely fine though. No dent's or scratches on metal. I took care of it as usual. It was just defective. Plus VA were not very nice to me. That, I found to be very odd.

just came in from drink'n beers :cheers: = going to bed now. will reply in the morning. night folks :wave:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Manny, you had the 4 Cylinder E3 with the huge wing? I bet you wish you still had that! Clean with very low mileage, like less than 30K miles that car is currently going for $150,000! Sure, it is not as fast as a new one but it is awesome in it's own right. I really enjoyed Porsche 944 turbo S back in the day. Funny thing, back then 5.5 0-60 stock was crazy fast. Now fastest stock AMG MB runs 10.5 second quarter! It just boarders on not requiring a rollbar. See, it has a "pop up roll bar" That is how they are getting away with it. Most drag strips will not allow it though. On the street it is crazy. Now, with AWD and launch control it is super easy to launch too. Almost no drama. I remember Once I had 4 people in the AMG going 230MPH drinking a large iced coffee in one hand. I actually honestly didn't even mean to. It felt like we were going 70! That is the difference between a MB and a Corvette. The ZR1 is rambunctious the MB you do not even feel the speed. 700+ feet of torque does not even put you back in the seat! It is literally incredible. If I could still drive I would like the new M5 though. It is splendid. Now no more M3 . just M2. It is nice but the M5 is where it is at now, or last years M3 if someone does not have enough cash or wants a smaller more tossable car. The M5 is solid and planted though. Your old one actually had larger rear rims! The problem was you obviously could not rotate them which made it extra expensive back then the way they spun. Yes, the top AMG is faster, twice the price but I prefer the M5. The ultimate driving machine. Although the Audi RS7 is also a very nice car and crazy fast. I just hope the future is not electric unless they greatly improve the range. The speed is already there. A loaded Tesla Model S does 0-60 in 1.8 seconds! Electric motors are full torque at zero RPM as you know. It is not the same. Their 700HP at the wheels is more like 1400HP on gas! Still I do not care at all for the limited range. Plus fast charge just kills the battery life span. Electricity also costs more than gas too here. Supercars are one trick pony's. These sedans are super car performance you can haul your family in and drive everyday. Maybe not in 5 feet of snow.

I hope you feel okay Manny. I still feel like crap but way better than before.
Yeah the M3 Cicotto and the 190e Evolution had crazy tails...... I owned them both and they were beast back in the end 80's mid 90's......

I had always cool cars.....at one time back in 1987 I had a 930 Turbo I bought it in Orlando Florida....... took it to Germany and sold it over there.......

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought a 930 turbo in Orlando too! You mean the slant nose? I had it shipped to Chicago in an enclosed truck. They did not have a lot of those kind of cars in Chicago back then. Mostly Miami and Orlando. Next in Orlando I bought one though think called "gemballa" or something. That was nuts fast. It was modified like Lingenfelter. It was based off a 911 though. Back then everyone wanted a 911 or 308.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

your good Bro, don't sweat it. how about this, you get it ready to ship, I will give recommendations. when you are ready to send it out, I will PP you the money.

sound good ?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok Todd. here is how I would do it.

the supplies. wrap the mod in some paper towels, a few is enough. then stick it on a sandwich baggy(or other plastic bag). tape that closed, just so it can't fall out. sealed is not needed, just closed.

if you have the original box, I hope so. take that frame piece out, but leave the bottom foam in. otherwise, use a small box.
put mod in and wad up some newspaper or whatever and firm up the mod in the box so it doesn't bounce around.

the put that original box in the shipping box and firm it up with newspaper or whatever (Manny used bubble wrap).
tape er up, label, ship.

20190827_085826.jpg 20190827_085957.jpg 20190827_090229.jpg 20190827_090301.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought a 930 turbo in Orlando too! You mean the slant nose? I had it shipped to Chicago in an enclosed truck. They did not have a lot of those kind of cars in Chicago back then. Mostly Miami and Orlando. Next in Orlando I bought one though think called "gemballa" or something. That was nuts fast. It was modified like Lingenfelter. It was based off a 911 though. Back then everyone wanted a 911 or 308.
Yeah....It was nice.....I really wanted a 935 but settled with the 930....... That was the era where Miami Vice was popular.......

So everyone wanted a Testerosa, a 308, a 928, a DB 500SEL and let's not forget the DB 560 AMG and the SL class....

Those were the days.......

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jinx'd, why do you want me to wrap it so good? It is already destroyed LOL. You want 3 day or First class? I have someone looking for the box. I hope we can find it. Of course I am legit and not screwing you around. Just please give me a couple of day's. You got me at a time where I feel like crap again. People don't realize shaking allover actually hurts. You will get it soon enough, I promise. If you have any doubts ask Manny about me. I just don't feel good at the moment. I will get it out of here ASAP. I apologize that I probably can't muster up enough oomph to do it today. I hope you don't call it off though. Now I kind of really want to see what you do with it. I am sure it will look much nicer than it ever did anyways.

It is funny how slow the 928 is now. Any standard KIA will smoke it now. It used to be a dream car. It was Porsche's first 8-cylinder. I had a 959 just as an investment. It was a good investment too. The 500Sl from then is slow as a snail now!

In fact I probably won't even be back here until this evening. I feel horrible. I am really sorry. I need to lie down for a while. I hope you understand. Don't worry though. I fulfill my obligations.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jinx'd, why do you want me to wrap it so good? It is already destroyed LOL. You want 3 day or First class? I have someone looking for the box. I hope we can find it. Of course I am legit and not screwing you around. Just please give me a couple of day's. You got me at a time where I feel like crap again. People don't realize shaking allover actually hurts. You will get it soon enough, I promise. If you have any doubts ask Manny about me. I just don't feel good at the moment. I will get it out of here ASAP. I apologize that I probably can't muster up enough oomph to do it today. I hope you don't call it off though. Now I kind of really want to see what you do with it. I am sure it will look much nicer than it ever did anyways.

It is funny how slow the 928 is now. Any standard KIA will smoke it now. It used to be a dream car. It was Porsche's first 8-cylinder. I had a 959 just as an investment. It was a good investment too. The 500Sl from then is slow as a snail now!

In fact I probably won't even be back here until this evening. I feel horrible. I am really sorry. I need to lie down for a while. I hope you understand. Don't worry though. I fulfill my obligations.
Make sure you get the money upfront Jinx'd........

VU Sponsors