Become a Patron!

I want everyone's opinion

jdug48

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got a ticket Tuesday for reckless driving and non transfer of DL
He said my reckless driving was speeding up. To the speed limit form 25 (speed limit 45) how is that recipes driving I didn't break loose or loose control and the person in front of me speed up so I could and the person behind me did too. And the non transfer of DL is from where I used to live witch is with my mom in the same state to wear I do now. The ticket is 495 for both but I don't know how its reckless driving and it happened the day before and he stopped me the day after for it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The legal advice you get for free from anonymous "lawyers" on the Internet is likely worth less than what you pay for it.

Secondly: Motor vehicle laws vary from state-to-state. So unless somebody is both a legal expert and conversant with the motor vehicle laws in your state: Nothing much useful they can say.

That being said: I don't understand how you can be ticketed for something you did the day before. As for the address change: Probably doesn't matter that the state didn't change. Your DL is probably supposed to reflect your current address. I believe most states have a grace period, but I expect it'd be no more than 30, 60 or 90 days or the like. Maybe less.

Btw: IANAL, nor do I play one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express, last night.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
65099466.jpg

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Pay the fine or show up in court ..........sometimes you live with your mother (how would they know ) ? I would show up for a court date .......sounds like b.s. to me .

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a ticket Tuesday for reckless driving and non transfer of DL
He said my reckless driving was speeding up. To the speed limit form 25 (speed limit 45) how is that recipes driving I didn't break loose or loose control and the person in front of me speed up so I could and the person behind me did too. And the non transfer of DL is from where I used to live witch is with my mom in the same state to wear I do now. The ticket is 495 for both but I don't know how its reckless driving and it happened the day before and he stopped me the day after for it

You better go.. Here in TExas if you do not go they will stack charges I wound up in jail for a total of 5 days for dodging a reckless charge a couple years ago do not be stupid.. if you call the court many times they will let you pay the fine over a few months.. You do not want to go to "The POD" your orifices may not be safe in there

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
if you call the court many times they will let you pay the fine over a few months..
This is an example of why I cautioned against Internet Lawyers and knowing the particular state's laws. What MrScaryZ has said may fly in Texas, but in Michigan, for example, reckless driving is a misdemeanor criminal traffic offense. You can't "buy your way out of it" over the phone. The charge, in Michigan, is sufficiently serious that people who can afford to do so should always bring an attorney practiced in Michigan motor vehicle law.

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd at least take it into court. The reckless ticket sounds like BS. If you aren't breaking traction, you aren't reckless. If just accelerating faster than the minivan next to you is reckless, I'd be in jail every time I take out my Procharged C7.

The DL address thing has a time limit on it. You have so many days to switch after a move. It varies by state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Btw: IANAL, nor do I play one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express, last night.

I had to think about this one. I was not sure what you were trying to saying for a minute or so....I was confused and afraid.... I am ok now that I have figured out IANAL = ' I Am Not A Lawyer'. I mean really, lawyers are known for fucking you over....:eek:

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your story is unclear, are you saying you were going 25 and sped up to 45 really quick??? What are you driving? Need a better story here...

jdug48

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It was a 2004 blazer on 35's and yes I was going 25 and sped up to 45 like Evey one in front of me

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So was the cop driving by you or gunning on the side of the road, just trying to picture it, so your driving going 25 speed up to 45 and he just thinks it's a good idea to pull you over and give you a wreck less ticket for just that.....weird...

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You were reckless, by definition.

Many insurance companies now consider anything more than 15% over the limit to be reckless. As do some states.

You think the ticket is too high. Wait until you get your next insurance statement.

Fight the hell out of it.

If you hire a lawyer local lawyer, the ticket might disappear altogether. ;) But you'll still have to pay the fine ;) ;)

jdug48

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
15℅ over what do you mean!

jdug48

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
?*

jdug48

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You were reckless, by definition.

Many insurance companies now consider anything more than 15% over the limit to be reckless. As do some states.

You think the ticket is too high. Wait until you get your next insurance statement.

Fight the hell out of it.

If you hire a lawyer local lawyer, the ticket might disappear altogether. ;) But you'll still have to pay the fine ;) ;)
I didn't break the speed limit if that's what you mean

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Pay the fine or show up in court ..........sometimes you live with your mother (how would they know ) ? I would show up for a court date .......sounds like b.s. to me .

Texas is anal when it comes to their DL. I know from past experience.

The charges will stand unless he can produce a receipt (utility is best) from the other state less than 90 days old at the time of the violation.

I tried using a P.O. Box when I lived there. The smartass at the DMV told me I had to produce a picture of my couch inside my P.O. Box.

VU Sponsors