Become a Patron!

i stick short pull

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a I stick with a nautilus mini.
set to3.5v 7.2 watts
grape Apollo pg 18mg
So I can take a short hit, and tastes great, but if I take a deep pull, (not a lunger), half way through, it tastes weird, loses taste, and tastes like a bad coil. Ive replaced the coil twice, and let the nauty sit for almost a 1/2 hour before trying. ive had this juice in there for a few days, and still same. its like the coil is running out of juice to use, and dry hits. I have the airflow on second to biggest air flow. Makes good vapor.
Ive upped the watts to 10 to see if it made a difference, but same. it just felt hotter. Don't like hotter. Ive upped the volts and does the same.
Also, occasionally when I press the fire button, it no work, screen black Then I try again and it works, lit screen.
Wife's I stick does same. maybe juice suxs?
I put the nautty on a ego stick, and does fine. the stick im using is 4.3v bulls's eye

Last edited:

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
btw, I also use cheap ass clearos, and they work fine. but haven't tried this juice in them. menthol or strawberry in those.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
sounds like its the signal the istick puts out. im not too technical on this but it's tuned to mean not rms and all that means is it fires a little hotter than what you have it set for. not sure if theres a solution to this maybe someone that owns one will have some tips

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya.. It fires hotter than set.. But, this seems like a classic case of the wicking not keeping up. ie: not enough juice. Turn your airflow down one, give a few unpowered puffs, and try again. The more air flow you have, the less juice actually gets pulled into the wick so play with it and find a combination of wattage and air settings that work. If you cant get the air and or amount of vapor that you want, then it might be time to look for a different atty that will.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
At 3.5v and 7.2 watts it looks like your ohms are 1.7. If so you still have some room to turn down the Istick. With the way it regulates you pretty much have to toss the numbers out and turn it all the way down then find the level that works.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The wife likes her Nautilus with a 1.8ohm coil @ 7.5 watts on the iStick..

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Angus, bump the watts up to 9 or 10 and try it on the 2nd next hole down from the largest. I don't think you are heating up the coils enough, that's why the flavor is dying off.... Just my opinion...

On your 4.3 ego stick, with a 1.7 Ohm coil you are getting 10.88 watts of power to the Mini Nautilus.

Since the iStick fires a bit hot, try 9 Watts. Lightly puffing the atty won't bring in the ejiuce sometimes, give it a stronger pull.

Last edited:

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The wife likes her Nautilus with a 1.8ohm coil @ 7.5 watts on the iStick..
im getting my friend set up to vape. trying to decide between istick/nautilus mini or an egrip. both have pros and cons, leaning towards egrip but he likes the size of istick

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
im getting my friend set up to vape. trying to decide between istick/nautilus mini or an egrip. both have pros and cons, leaning towards egrip but he likes the size of istick

I have both. The istick/nautilus combo is easier to change flavors in, but I love the size of the egrip!

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have both. The istick/nautilus combo is easier to change flavors in, but I love the size of the egrip!
you see my dilemma lol.. i like that he could just buy the rba attachment for $12 when ready for it rather than buying a whole new atty (and mod to fit properly) so long as i get him to quit though its a win for me too :D

not to mention i want one myself just havent gotten around to buying one since the rba part just came out

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wife's is a full size Nautilus.. Different animal, really.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have both. Might just be that it's the newer toy for me but the Egrip with the RBA hits nice and tastes pretty good too. Of course changing flavors involves a little more than just screwing on a different atty. The body of each is exactly the same height. It's just that with the Egrip the only thing added is the drip tip. The 1500mah built in is lasting longer between charges than I feared it might.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bumped up the watts to 9, and running 3.7 volts, 1.6 ohms. pulling harder helps. Don't like the throat hit though. i'll figure it out

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You know 9w @ 1.6ohm is 3.8v, correct? You cant set watts and volts, just one or the other.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've had the black screen issue while firing occasionally as well, not a huge deal but you're not alone with that particular "malfunction", just press it again and it fires. Annoying as crap, but it does still.work.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bumped up the watts to 9, and running 3.7 volts, 1.6 ohms. pulling harder helps. Don't like the throat hit though. i'll figure it out
You are at 18 mg nic, that by itsself is a thump to the throat. Get some juice that is 70VG/30PG, more VG will decrease the throat hit. It's all about trial and error and experimenting to find whats good for you.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just to put some numbers on it for comparison to other devices...
Displaying 9 watts with a 1.6 ohm coil, it's actually putting out nearly 14 watts.
The lowest setting would be about 11 watts.

It's like this until the battery meter shows 2/3 or less:

istick_actual_vs_displayed_watts_full_batt_2-png.7483

After that, it drops down for settings that use 4.8V or less. See here.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are at 18 mg nic, that by itsself is a thump to the throat. Get some juice that is 70VG/30PG, more VG will decrease the throat hit. It's all about trial and error and experimenting to find whats good for you.
I have some 50/50 juice on the way. ive been waking up with 24mg menthol, rest of the day 18.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok.... results.]
Full open airhole, diferent juice, 18mg strawberry(was grape), 4v 9.5 watts. also, when I pull, I don't let my lips seal the tip, so I get some outside air too.(just slightly).
Mucho bettero. Maybe the grape flavor I had sucked?

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Some flavors do suck, everybody has their perfect juice, that one is so subjective.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, you have more airflow? @ 9.5w you aren't gonna get much vapor though..

vgpg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had the same issue.

Start with lower V/W setting and do a few unpowered pulls. (cover the air hole with your finger occasionally)
Build your way up to the perfect setting for yourself. (flavour and cloud wise)
Sometimes the juice is just crap or it's too thick for your wicks and takes longer for them to absorb the juice.

I have my istick and mini naut running usually around 3.9-4.5 Volts with the largest airflow setting, (Using Apple Strudel by Captain Oliver ejuice 50/50 6mg) And damn, she tastes great and chucks respectable clouds!

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
enuf cloud to block my vision few a seconds, my wife complains when I blow in front of the tv! seems good to me. Im not a cloud chaser.constant flaver during pull is what I was looking for. Ill save the grape for my ego sticks. they run cold.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had the same issue.

Start with lower V/W setting and do a few unpowered pulls. (cover the air hole with your finger occasionally)
Build your way up to the perfect setting for yourself. (flavour and cloud wise)
Sometimes the juice is just crap or it's too thick for your wicks and takes longer for them to absorb the juice.

I have my istick and mini naut running usually around 3.9-4.5 Volts with the largest airflow setting, (Using Apple Strudel by Captain Oliver ejuice 50/50 6mg) And damn, she tastes great and chucks respectable clouds!
how many watts? I just got some 50/50 green apple from evape.us. im letting this clearo soak it up for a few.
http://www.evape.us/eleaf-bcc-gt/

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so now ive got 50/50 evape.us green apple in my mini nauty, and set at 7.5 watts,3.7 volts, 1.9 ohms, is much better. I think appolo grape is nasty( the vanilla cupcake is good though). it felt like It was collecting on my tonsils feeling weird. Yes....42 and still have tonsils. lol. This is the same coil I had the grape in, I just soaked the whole nauty in pieces, and coil in vodka, let dry over night after a couple hours soaking. Filled up with green apple, and went merrily about my day.
Thanks for listening.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad it all worked out :)

VU Sponsors