I Have Come To The Conclusion...

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
... That pulling VG through an 18ga needle sucks. That's all.

P.S. 14g are on the way from Amazon... :):):)

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I should be able to find them for less, though...

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As for weighing... How do you know the weight of your flavors, etc.? Weigh them when you receive them?
Say I tare a 100ml graduated cylinder, add 50ml flavoring, divide weight/ml and that's the weight per milliliter?

Or is there an easier way?

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most, for simplicity, just use 1mL=1g or the weight of pg 1.03 which most flavors come in. I think 1.04 is closer to most flavors and is what I use. Consistancy is more important than the actual weight which others who may disagree track down individually.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read the other day that most flavors are close enough to 1g/ml to make variance almost, but not quite negligible - there's a list floating around in a big thread on weight mixing, seems the average numbers I recall being tossed around were between 0.97 and 1.07.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I found two. This one is from VU and this one is from ECF. They're both saying different things. Any ideas about these threads? They're both from reputable forums (especially the VU one ;)).

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
follow the vu thread

google specific gravity of "whatever brand of flavor you are using"

the manufacturer's website may have the specific gravity as well

specific gravity is how many grams 1ml of a liquid weighs

MANY people use 1g =1ml for flavorings and this is close enough . If you are using someone else's recipes that use the EXACT specific gravity you maybe off SLIGHTLY but not by much

Its important to get your nic, pg and vg specific gravities correct.

using the calculator in that VU thread makes that EASY, it does it for you

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Consistancy is more important than the actual weight
That's my rule of thumb with flavor weight, too.
RuleofThumb.jpg

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ive been using a syringe (without the needle) to draw VG from the bottle but, once it gets down far enough its not gonna happen and to be honest it can be messy sometimes....I have a 50ml beaker "cup" to just pour the VG into from now on.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Distilled water..But now youre playing with you over all PG VG mix...The water does however thin it out but i wouldnt suggest more than 15 percent...Not the same as PG as a mixer...If you mixed 50 percent distilled water with VG you basicly have water with very little to no Vapor production....Been there done that..wasted 100ml of VG..I used the wasted mix to dilute my VG..lol

Last edited:

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Distilled water..But now youre playing with you over all PG VG mix...The water does however thin it out but i wouldnt suggest more than 15 percent...Not the same as PG as a mixer...If you mixed 50 percent distilled water with VG you basicly have water with very little to no Vapor production....Been there done that..wasted 100ml of VG..I used the wasted mix to dilute my VG..lol
50% ? No... 5% to 10% for VG part is ok. If you pre-dilute your VG, you don't need to add water in your final mix. Vg thinned with 10% water is the same consistency than PG.

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
50% ? No... 5% to 10% for VG part is ok. If you pre-dilute your VG, you don't need to add water in your final mix. Vg thinned with 10% water is the same consistency than PG.
And it is much easier to manipulate with syringe.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
By 50 percent i meant i mixed 50/50 of distilled water and VG which gave me a VG i couldnt vape..The consistency was that of the water.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I gave up on using an 18ga needle after the first try.
I either use a beaker and funnel, or a syringe without a needle.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oops - it already has free shipping. 30 days wait time, though.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even if I go to weight, will still need something to transfer nic
I just diluted a liter of 100 mg nic the other day by just pouring. With a scale I don't need anything other than my bottles and a beaker.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just diluted a liter of 100 mg nic the other day by just pouring. With a scale I don't need anything other than my bottles and a beaker.
Same, I've found mini funnels more useful since pouring, barely small enough for my 30ml bottles. I still use a big 60ml syringe sometimes to split a big batch between bottles smaller than that, so the 12 gauge comes in handy, all SS is easy to sterilize with a butane torch lol

Last edited:

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hope the 14's work for you, but I'm scared that if you are using syringes for VG..that's still gonna suck..lol On rare occasions when I use syringes for VG...the only needs that work (slowly I might add) are 12 guage. Let us know how it goes :)

Edit: Sorry..I hadn't read the whole thread and someone already gave you the same advice. Good luck :)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just pull out the plunger and then add the required amount of "warmed" VG in the top.
14GA, Luer Lock so they don't blow off, and yes, 12GA would be even better.
Keep your "pinky" covering the end of the needle until you stick it in the juice bottle.
Then insert the plunger.
Best to use something to keep the juice bottle from tipping over, even a short 2x4 with a hole in it will do.
Pushing VG is easier than pulling it.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Best to use something to keep the juice bottle from tipping over, even a short 2x4 with a hole in it will do.
Yeah, I kinda sorta found that out the hard way... :eek::(:oops:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Plain syringes without needles...
Syringes w/o needles only reach down far enough half the time. I got some Yorker tops, too, recently, and was dismayed to find that the dropper doesn't release fluid much faster than a a regular ejuice dropper top. At first I thought if I cut the tips I would no longer be able to snap the little red top onto them, which would diminish their functionality a lot--but as long as you stay above that little protruding band near the tip, the caps still pop on and stay put. With cut tips they've been a great solution for me.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Same, I've found mini funnels more useful since pouring, barely small enough for my 30ml bottles. I still use a big 60ml syringe sometimes to split a big batch between bottles smaller than that, so the 12 gauge comes in handy, all SS is easy to sterilize with a butane torch lol

I have these funnels too--very handy, but just a little too big for a lot of things.

I think @RocketPuppy has mentioned some really small ones she uses, but I haven't been able to locate anything smaller that isn't ten times the price. (I also haven't looked in a while).

The first time I ever mixed base, I blew the 18 gauge needle off of my syringe trying to push VG through it and that needle lived in my base receptacle for the lifetime of the batch.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought one of the little plastic funnels but thought VG ran too slow through them as well. The spout on my beaker makes it pretty easy to pour without using it.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
YORKERS!!! still shopping ... def have to pull the trigger and get some... Thinking to get the HDPE rather than the cheaper LDPE .. also some come like the ketchup / mustard dispensers.. wider cap at the base .. I'm trying to stay away from those.. too many years in food service .. seen too many of those tops pop off lol ! (yeahhhhh so i can be heavy handed a bit from time to time :p) but just feel better with the smaller base yorker tops ..it's tough to be a 'discriminating' type individual i guess ( read as: 'picky' or 'OCD' lol) of course reserve the right to be a slacker as the mood strikes .. ;p

At first I thought if I cut the tips I would no longer be able to snap the little red top onto them, which would diminish their functionality a lot--but as long as you stay above that little protruding band near the tip, the caps still pop on and stay put. With cut tips they've been a great solution for me.

Great Tip! [pun intended]:cool:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
..it's tough to be a 'discriminating' type individual i guess ( read as: 'picky' or 'OCD' lol) of course reserve the right to be a slacker as the mood strikes .. ;p
boy, can I relate to this, lol

BKvaper78

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i have been putting my VG in a big squeeze bottle, it has been really convenient.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I dispense my vg base nic with 12g stainless needle luer lock. Found them at kidney puncher. Only needed one at its my dedicated nic dispenser. Works great! !!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

VU Sponsors