Become a Patron!

I hate the fact that all of the ijoy threads were merged.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand the spirit of the rule requiring vendors to stay in one thread unless they want to pay to be a sponsor, I really do, but merging all of the ijoy threads did nothing but shoot us all in the foot.

The asolo thread was an insanely long shit show, but it was focused on their mod. I could totally see forcing them to keep all discussions relating to that mod in that thread. Makes sense. In fact, had the thread not been a hundred pages of horseshit I could even understand forcing them to discuss future mods they might release in that thead as well. Frankly that wouldn't be doing us readers any favors because the details between different mods could easily become muddled. I'd understand though.

My gripe is that asolo starts releasing tanks, which are obviously a completely different discussion than mods; but someone thought it wise to merge everything into a single ginormous clusterfuck of a thread. Mods and tanks are two completely different subjects, and regardless of who created the thread to begin with they should have remained completely separate imho.

Merging them was a disservice to the community.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Though I understand you point, vendors have the option to post a graphic of the VU banner on their website. Being an authorized vendor costs them nothing, literally, nothing. They're asked to place a single banner on their home page, nothing more. The OP of that thread knew the rules of the vendor forum when she started posting. She continued to start separate threads, regardless, which is against the TOS for vendors. Had they chosen to post the appropriate banner on their site and applied for Authorized status, they could have started as many threads as they would've liked in their own Sub-forum.

It's a matter of rules for vendors, that apply to all of them.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear ya, but at the end of the day it kinda screwed us more than them.

I was unaware of the specifics regarding authorized vendor requirements. Thanks for the enlightenment on that. Sounds easy enough, but I can understand how "Grace" might have trouble convincing a multinational corporation to modify their website simply to further discussion here.

Fwiw, I don't own any ijoy products, but I enjoy learning about new developments nonetheless.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sounds easy enough, but I can understand how "Grace" might have trouble convincing a multinational corporation to modify their website simply to further discussion here.
I can understand, too, but she was made well aware of the rules when she started posting here.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is a run down of it for you

Authorized Vendors Sub Forum Info, and Unlisted Vendors Guidelines

Vaping Underground DOES NOT charge vendors to have a sub forum.

AUTHORIZED VU VENDOR SUB FORUM:

1. You must be an "established" vendor for 6 months with a website. No eBay or Facebook sellers.

2. You must link back to this forum on your MAIN page with one of the graphics supplied below.
    • This must be in a static format which can Not be reduced in size for any reason

• Your site will be checked periodically and is a serious offence with consequences if the banner link is missing, or logo graphic is re-sized smaller than the ones we offer.

• Note: Larger size VU graphic logos than what we offer are always welcomed. And our banner Must be static remaining visible at all times on your front page.
  3. You must maintain and be active in your sub-forum.

4. While vendors are allowed to participate in the forum as a vaper - you will only be permitted to SPAM ADS, promotions, or your web links in:
    • Your sub forum (unlimited)

• Sales and Promotions - limit 2 threads per week - posting more than 2 will result in merged threads

• Contests, Contests, Contests (limit 2 contests at a time) - Please be sure to review our Vendor Contest Guidelines
  5. You can engage in conversation about your products outside your sub-forum only if you (meaning by member name, vendor name, or your exclusive product) is brought up by a user directly.

6. No vendor to vendor trolling will be tolerated. You are not allowed to post negative comments, or your deals/links in other vendors sub-forums.

7. No Drug/Dry Herb/CBD related pics, videos, posts, links, or Drug/Dry Herb/CBD references are permitted. Also, if your home page of website is all dry/wax related product you will not be permitted to post your links.

8. For more specific guidelines please refer to the Stickied Notes in each forum.

UNLISTED VENDOR GUIDELINES:

1. As an unlisted vendor you are permitted to post in ONE thread in our Unlisted Vendor Forum and ONE thread in our Sales and Promotions forum
    • You may make multiple posts within said threads… but you must keep them contained to your ONE thread in either forum.
  2. You are free to edit the title of your thread as it relates to any changes to your shop.

3. You will be permitted to run a single contest at a time in our Contests Forum

4. All business related posts, ie: ads, promotions, web links MUST remain in one of the two threads.

5. Multiple threads will be merged to a single thread, and points against your account will be issued.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I totally understand.

I should mention though that I have never entered one of the manufacturer subforums here. Never. Had they followed the rules to a "t" and posted everything in an ijoy specific subforum, there is a good chance I'd never know about it. I'm betting I'm not alone on that either.

Not really trying to complain all that much or anything, but perhaps it could be food for thought regarding where and when authorized vendors are allowed to post. For example, perhaps it would be ok to allow an authorized vendor to create one thread per new product they release in the relevant subforum. Mods in the mod forum, tanks in the tank forum, etc, so at least your average vu reader will have a chance of seeing them. Something to consider anyway. :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I totally understand.

I should mention though that I have never entered one of the manufacturer subforums here. Never. Had they followed the rules to a "t" and posted everything in an ijoy specific subforum, there is a good chance I'd never know about it. I'm betting I'm not alone on that either.

Not really trying to complain all that much or anything, but perhaps it could be food for thought regarding where and when authorized vendors are allowed to post. For example, perhaps it would be ok to allow an authorized vendor to create one thread per new product they release in the relevant subforum. Mods in the mod forum, tanks in the tank forum, etc, so at least your average vu reader will have a chance of seeing them. Something to consider anyway. :)
Unlisted Vendor's threads get bumped more than you realize. There are several I see in the timeline all day everyday. I do appreciate where you're coming from, I really do. For moderators having to keep up with new threads from vendors, outside of their specified areas, it would prove to be a nightmare. Most of them carry a lot of the same products, so we'd be seeing multiple threads all day everyday about the same equipment, by multiple vendors. This has been proven in the deals and steals area. The "Coupons for the Community" area was created for MEMBERS to post deals they've found for other members to use. It got infiltrated by vendors posting their own deals, became way too much to attempt to keep up with, so now it's a mesh of both members and vendors posting.

It's just not as cut and dry simple as it seems.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perhaps I should have said manufacturers instead of vendors.

I could totaly see having multiple resellers all trying to shill the same things become a nightmare for staff. When an actual manufacturer decides to participate however, be it an ijoy rep, wismec, UD, etc, there shouldn't be too much fallout since there realistically only one manufacturer per product.

...I'd imagine, anyway.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I use the "New Posts" feature almost every second of the day...Therefore I see every thread that gets bumped no matter what section...I think they need to included that in the mobile page also as this is something thats missing from it that is used quite often.
Bookmark this page and refresh it when you want.
http://vapingunderground.com/find-new/posts

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I also use the new posts button, but I have a full routine I follow, just part of it, I guess, LOL.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
in all honesty if i heard of an ijoy product that had some decent hype I'd go to their website: http://www.ijoycig.com/
to find out the correct name then search for up top (if it were an old(er) product someone may have beat me to it) and if i didn't see it I'd start my own thread in the proper section asking for information on the tank/mod.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I generally don't go out of my way to find new products. I learn about them here or when they pop up at one of my many local b&m's.

Fwiw, had I not seen the thread about ijoy's new tank before the merge I might never have heard about it at all. I had already perused the asolo thread and had satisfied my need for info about that particular product, so I wasn't exactly checking back on it for new info. Can't hype up a product if we don't know it exists because it got lost in the shuffle, if you know what I mean.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I generally don't go out of my way to find new products. I learn about them here or when they pop up at one of my many local b&m's.

Fwiw, had I not seen the thread about ijoy's new tank before the merge I might never have heard about it at all. I had already perused the asolo thread and had satisfied my need for info about that particular product, so I wasn't exactly checking back on it for new info. Can't hype up a product if we don't know it exists because it got lost in the shuffle, if you know what I mean.
Anything new to them will be at the end of that thread. It's their responsibility to update their title. You might suggest that to Grace in her thread.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the title was updated after the merge.

I've glanced at it since, but unless it's constantly bumped due to activity (thus grabbing my attention due to increased activity), they could release a dozen more products and I'd have no idea theres anything new going on in there.

Again, not really complaining here, just sayin'. :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think the title was updated after the merge.

I've glanced at it since, but unless it's constantly bumped due to activity (thus grabbing my attention due to increased activity), they could release a dozen more products and I'd have no idea theres anything new going on in there.

Again, not really complaining here, just sayin'. :)

If you're subscribed to that thread, you'll be alerted to anything new she introduces. Find her thread and click "watch thread" near the top of it and on the right. You'll get the alerts that one, just like you do this one, or any other that you subscribe to.

VU Sponsors