Become a Patron!

I gave up analogs, a quick question.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey people. I gave up analogs over 8 months ago with the help of Champix and the occasional use of my cheap EGO copy.

I've been smoke free since, but the other day I ordered myself a protank mini as I had only ever tried the standard cheap atomizers.

I ordered some nicotine-free flavours, as I want to vape now to actually enjoy the taste.I do not feel it will bring me back to the analogs, I can't stand them now, especially the smell of them just after someone has had one and sits next to me!

So, protank arrives this morning, no liquid yet so I've not tested it as my old liquids have nicotine in. My mum said "but you don't smoke anymore" but quickly came round to the idea when I reminded her it's not smoking, its water vapour and flavour. I've even got my own PG here so could try making solutions one day.

My question is, would you use a vape after giving up the cigs for such a long break? I've also not used the vape for the same time (8 months) but really want to experience the flavours in 0 nicotine.

Thanks in advance, Conan.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you should be fine. At this point, I think it is all a matter of personal preference.
Vaping is wonderful and everyone should do it! ;)

shaunnadan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
hi @conanthewarrior welcome to the forum !

congrats on quitting and sticking with it for so long, your lungs must feel like their brand new :)

there is nothing wrong with vaping at 0mg for the pleasure on enjoying the vapor and flavours. im on a really low dosage of nic now and im more after the premium flavours an cloud chasing instead of getting a nic fix. alot of my friends vape 0mg just for the enjoyment of the vape and not as a nic substitute.

if your still waiting for your liquids to arrive and you already have some PG there then just go out and grab some VG from a pharmacy and make your own unflavoured juice. will help to get your lungs back into the motion of vaping and ready for FULL ON FLAVOUR ATTACK !!! once your liquids arrive.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hi @conanthewarrior welcome to the forum !

congrats on quitting and sticking with it for so long, your lungs must feel like their brand new :)

there is nothing wrong with vaping at 0mg for the pleasure on enjoying the vapor and flavours. im on a really low dosage of nic now and im more after the premium flavours an cloud chasing instead of getting a nic fix. alot of my friends vape 0mg just for the enjoyment of the vape and not as a nic substitute.

if your still waiting for your liquids to arrive and you already have some PG there then just go out and grab some VG from a pharmacy and make your own unflavoured juice. will help to get your lungs back into the motion of vaping and ready for FULL ON FLAVOUR ATTACK !!! once your liquids arrive.

Haha sounds good, my local pharmacy didn't have any in.
There are about 7 others in the area though, so I can go to them. I'm in the UK, is it usually available in pharmacys here?

If not I don't mind waiting, it could even come today as I bumped into the post lady earlier, she could see 4 of my parcels (Im waiting on 8) but there was a lot of other stuff there aswell she said it could be amongst.

She hasn't actually done her rounds down my road yet, its only because I asked I got them 4 items. She said there might be more as she remembers someone had quite a few packages and it was probably me.

I'l be vaping just for the flavour, so is the Mini protank and EGO batteries OK for this? As I don't want to spend silly money, just have this for some enjoyment now and then.

shaunnadan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Haha sounds good, my local pharmacy didn't have any in.
There are about 7 others in the area though, so I can go to them. I'm in the UK, is it usually available in pharmacys here?

If not I don't mind waiting, it could even come today as I bumped into the post lady earlier, she could see 4 of my parcels (Im waiting on 8) but there was a lot of other stuff there aswell she said it could be amongst.

She hasn't actually done her rounds down my road yet, its only because I asked I got them 4 items. She said there might be more as she remembers someone had quite a few packages and it was probably me.

I'l be vaping just for the flavour, so is the Mini protank and EGO batteries OK for this? As I don't want to spend silly money, just have this for some enjoyment now and then.

the mini protank and ego batteries will be sufficient until you find your self wanting more... then the bug will bite you !!! hahaha (insert evil laugh)

once your start moving onto more complex and premium juices your going to want to get the subtle notes that each flavour has to offer, so you will land up upgrading to bigger and better gear but its all at your own pace.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am one of those that needs the nic AND the hand to mouth habit with inhale, so no, for me if I was done with the nic and didn't have the need for the habit above, I would not take up vaping after having quit everything and was successful.:)

Ahh it was pretty easy for me to be honest, I don't miss/crave it at all. I just wanted to use the vape to try some of the flavours, theres no worry of me going back to analogs :).

Can I use just PG to test the Protank mini? I ddnt get my juice today so was just wondering, as I want to test it out and my old juice has Nic in it.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hey people. I gave up analogs over 8 months ago with the help of Champix and the occasional use of my cheap EGO copy.

I've been smoke free since, but the other day I ordered myself a protank mini as I had only ever tried the standard cheap atomizers.

I ordered some nicotine-free flavours, as I want to vape now to actually enjoy the taste.I do not feel it will bring me back to the analogs, I can't stand them now, especially the smell of them just after someone has had one and sits next to me!

So, protank arrives this morning, no liquid yet so I've not tested it as my old liquids have nicotine in. My mum said "but you don't smoke anymore" but quickly came round to the idea when I reminded her it's not smoking, its water vapour and flavour. I've even got my own PG here so could try making solutions one day.

My question is, would you use a vape after giving up the cigs for such a long break? I've also not used the vape for the same time (8 months) but really want to experience the flavours in 0 nicotine.

Thanks in advance, Conan.
As long as you're not picking up a STINKIE... you're doing it right :)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my juice today! My god, this protank thing is so much better than the disposable clearomiser things, I haven't used these batteries since 2014, this one is working great, and my god the vapour is so creamy and thick!

I am enjoying it so much I am willing to spend £50-£60 in the next few weeks to get something better than what I have, I'm not sure on the termiology but maybe a PVD or RVD?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I believe you are referring to an MVP. This is a great mod starter for someone moving up from an Ego. The eLeaf iStick is another really great option for you.

Jetson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The old 11 watt MVP was my first mod, and I just got the version that goes up to 30 watts, the 3.0. Very happy with it. And Protanks are still very very good I think. Even better if you're willing to rebuild the heads yourself with cotton and Kanthal, not that hard really. But if you're enjoying yourself, no need to be too fussy.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am going to get the Cloupor mini 30W mod, changed my mind already lol. A quick question-how do I know if I have a drip tip or not? As I have realised this is a protank clone, although a very good one.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Can I use just PG to test out the protank or is that a no no? Just to make a few clouds and that.

Yes you can but don't expect clouds. Those come from VG.

But you should get a ton of throat hit!

shaunnadan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am going to get the Cloupor mini 30W mod, changed my mind already lol. A quick question-how do I know if I have a drip tip or not? As I have realised this is a protank clone, although a very good one.

Cool stuff ! Would be great to know what liquids your vaping on.

The clouper mini is a superb device, well crafted and really comfortable to hold. Just remember you will need to get a separate 18650 battery for it and a side note.... Don't charge it will a USB port from a laptop .....

You can also consider getting an istick which has its own internal battery. Those mods have dominated the market as one of the most popular this past year!

So your pro tank has a little spout where your mouth attaches onto, that mouthpiece is the drip tip!

Most drip tips are replaceable and interchangeable amongst devices but I have a feeling that your clone pro tank might have an issue with other drip tips fitting onto it, the hole for it to fit in is slightly smaller than needed. (That's just based on the few clones I had ) weird thing is that the thin drip tip that comes with the pro tank is one of my all time favorites, lol

VU Sponsors