I feel stupid even asking, but....

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered some cotton from an eBay vendor last Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. I'll just call it Wednesday morning. 10/28. I hadn't gotten a shipping notification by Friday the day before Halloween, so I emailed the seller and she emailed me back saying she had just mailed it out that morning. I was a bit upset that I had to wait two days for her to ship it out and I was already out of cotton, so I responded and told her I would not order from her again. The reason for that is this. I always pay for items I buy on eBay immediately. Therefore I expect and rarely have a problem with items being shipped out promptly. My personal feeling is that you already have my money, therefore you are holding onto an item that I technically already own because I have paid for it. So long story short, she up and cancels my order and refunds my money, which I did not ask her to do. But she assures me, very rudely, that she has sent the item out. Well, its been a week now and still no cotton. I've tried wicking with cotton balls that I boiled but the flavor is awful. I took her at her word that she had shipped the cotton, and I used the money she refunded me to order something else, expecting the cotton to arrive in a few days, which it has not. I am very upset and disappointed at the situation. I know cotton is not very expensive, but I'm unemployed. She did not provide a tracking number for the item, so I have no way of verifying if she really did ship it out or not. The item ships from new Jersey and I am in Florida, but it still should not take over a week to get here. If the item had gotten here by the estimated day of delivery (Tuesday November 3rd according to the shipping email which she sent after I emailed her asking her if it had been shipped), then I may actually have considered ordering from her again but at this point I most certainly will not. So, does anyone have a few spare sheets of cotton? I honestly hate to even have to ask, but I have nothing besides cotton balls to wick my rda which taste awful, even after several different builds and now I've used up extra wire as well trying to get more flavor out of these shitty cotton balls. I still have plenty of wire left, but I'm not wasting anymore time on cotton balls.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've read of some people using the cotton from the tips of Qtips. Sterile cotton. I've also seen people using gauze pads.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No cotton, but if you're interested in rayon shoot me an address via pm.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

I appreciate the offer. I've tried rayon and cotton, and I feel personally cotton has less of an after taste than rayon, and I also find it easier to make thicker wicks out of cotton than rayon. I like thicker wicks, Scottish rolls are nice and I want to try out the sushi roll method which is similar to the Scottish roll but you don't remove the batting or stretch it out. You just cut off a section, roll it into a tube shape and thread it through. Less wasteful than the Scottish roll. Teresa p has offered me some cotton and I've already pmd her my address but thank you again.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered some cotton from an eBay vendor last Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. I'll just call it Wednesday morning. 10/28. I hadn't gotten a shipping notification by Friday the day before Halloween, so I emailed the seller and she emailed me back saying she had just mailed it out that morning. I was a bit upset that I had to wait two days for her to ship it out and I was already out of cotton, so I responded and told her I would not order from her again. The reason for that is this. I always pay for items I buy on eBay immediately. Therefore I expect and rarely have a problem with items being shipped out promptly. My personal feeling is that you already have my money, therefore you are holding onto an item that I technically already own because I have paid for it. So long story short, she up and cancels my order and refunds my money, which I did not ask her to do. But she assures me, very rudely, that she has sent the item out. Well, its been a week now and still no cotton. I've tried wicking with cotton balls that I boiled but the flavor is awful. I took her at her word that she had shipped the cotton, and I used the money she refunded me to order something else, expecting the cotton to arrive in a few days, which it has not. I am very upset and disappointed at the situation. I know cotton is not very expensive, but I'm unemployed. She did not provide a tracking number for the item, so I have no way of verifying if she really did ship it out or not. The item ships from new Jersey and I am in Florida, but it still should not take over a week to get here. If the item had gotten here by the estimated day of delivery (Tuesday November 3rd according to the shipping email which she sent after I emailed her asking her if it had been shipped), then I may actually have considered ordering from her again but at this point I most certainly will not. So, does anyone have a few spare sheets of cotton? I honestly hate to even have to ask, but I have nothing besides cotton balls to wick my rda which taste awful, even after several different builds and now I've used up extra wire as well trying to get more flavor out of these shitty cotton balls. I still have plenty of wire left, but I'm not wasting anymore time on cotton balls.
1328133676179_9398846.png

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
she probably cancelled your order to avoid negative feedback. can't say I blame her, feedback is everything on ebay.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is what I use when I use cotton - dirt cheap and works beautifully:
I don't know why these Amazon links don't work. Search for Muji cotton - $6.39 shipped for a huge bag of squares!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know why these Amazon links don't work. Search for Muji cotton - $6.39 shipped for a huge bag of squares!
Yes, 200 of them. Bought a bag 2 years ago and still have over 1/2 left over.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will look for that the next one I have money to buy cotton. Thanks for the advice!

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Try removing the HTTPS:// from the beginning of the link.

VU Sponsors