I did it!

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Really excited, as I just wrapped my first coil. 7 wraps of 30 gauge on a 2mm screwdriver, tested at 2.0 ohms. Wicked with Rayon.

My bad experience with the screws being stuck on both of the first two RDA's I got is history - a friend got the screws out, and I replaced them (since the heads were stripped). The IGO-L was kind of tough to capture the leads under the screws, but I did eventually get them in. Was also a little adventure to get the Rayon "just right" but I got there.

Never thought I'd be able to build a coil, but vaping on this for a half an hour now and it's just awesome. I have the Kuro Koiler on the way but it is great to know that I can do without it if I need to. Shaky hands and bad eyes be damned, if I can do it, just about anyone could.

Now, with my shaky hands and crappy phone, I am NOT able to take a pic that's focused well enough. Ah well. Here's as close as I could get.

O7u4DOe.jpg

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Hey, as long as it worked!

I will never forget my first build.

Took me way longer than it does now but I sure was proud the first time I fired it up!

Way to go!!!!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey, as long as it worked!

I will never forget my first build.

Took me way longer than it does now but I sure was proud the first time I fired it up!

Way to go!!!!
I was a cussing bloody mess from all the finger sticks.

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just built my first one and I ended up taking it out and putting a different one in. Congrats man. It's a great feeling when it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackssurvival

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's awesome when I bumped up or should I say down to 20 .ga it felt like learning to build all over again then I got pliers

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My second one wasn't that great but heating it on my sigelei and pinching it with tweezers helped a lot. Not sure if you heated and pinched it but it made it so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice job. My first vape tool was a Nautilus tank & a spinner battery. First rda was a plume veil. First build was a .7 ohm dual coil and it worked right off the bat. Had a big grin from ear to ear. Now, 9 rda's, 4 rta's, 8 mech mods & a Sigelei 100w later, never gone back to a clearo type tanks since. :)

VU Sponsors