Become a Patron!

Huge 30mm quad fused build with DNA250c is possible?

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
I have a 30mm velocity style RDA that I'm hoping to make really big clouds/builds with just for fun now and then - not an everyday vape of course (I normally vape only single coil 5 wrap fused Clapton RTA at about 18W).

My triple 18650 HCigar VT250s DNA250 is bricked..., so I'm looking to buy something new. Hoping to find something similar to the VT250s which can hold dual 18650 (167w?) or triple 18650 (250W), but with a newer and probably Color DNA board, but if no such MOD exists then I'll get a triple-only 18650 DNA (triade etc).

Anyway, so is this even possible considering the DNA board can only fire down to about .10 ohms? I don't want to go the unregulated route and risk anything and as mentioned this huge build will just be for fun now and then so don't feel like getting a $200 unregulated 4-cell MOD just for that.

What would be the best and safest batteries to try this, and should I make the builds Stainless Steel? I have SS fused Clapton wire. Was hoping to basically make long quad coils with that in the 30mm RDA but not sure. Either way even if I can only get like a triple coil to fire with the DNA instead of a quad fused Clapton 30mm it should be a ton of vapor.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's possible, all depends on the coils. Simple round wire, clapton, fused clapton, framed staple will all make a big difference in wire mass and wattage needed to get it going (ramp up). It will also determine the final resistance which will matter as far as staying within the mod's limits. Ie if it's lower resistance is .1, .05 or whatever.

Whether or not you can reach max wattage will also depend on the resistance since it will relate to the mod's upper voltage output. Once the voltage cap is met it won't fire any further. So say a mod has an upper limit of 7.5v and a max wattage of 167w, using an overall build that results in .4 ohms you won't reach the full 167w. It'll cap out around 140w. Since you're talking quad coils though, I doubt running too high of a resistance and capping your wattage because of voltage ceilings will be the issue. Likely just trying to keep above the low resistance cut off and staying just above it should be able to hit full wattage.

If you're looking to max out that kind of wattage, say 250w on a triple 18650 then go for something like the samsung 20s or molicell p26a. They run a bit higher amperage than sony vtc5a's so less prone to overheating with chain vaping. Battery life won't be wonderful regardless what you use if maxing the power out. 250w across 3 batteries is around 29-30a/battery on a regulated mod. Same as 167w on 2 batteries.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
You'll do better for clouds with a pair of 20g kanthal coils on a 4.0mm id. Reason is the 2 larger coils will pull juice faster than 4 smaller ones, your resistance will be in the range to reach max power of your mod, and they use less power and ramp up faster. IF you want to use quad coils, you would need something like a DOOMSDAY mech with extenders. thats 2 batteries in series and 2 in parallel. Using 4x 30a high drain cells, with a max cdr of 30a, you can push 440 watts. Make sure your air is wide open, such as on mutationx V4, V5 or Temple 30mm or Budda 30mm rda.

note on DOOMSDAY mech..DO NOT buy a clone! The fire button holds the firing pin in place with a spring under the fire button When the part where the screw is turned in melts, the spring pops the fire button off and the fire pin drops inside to constantly fire. Only way to stop it is unscrew the atomizer or remove batteries, which is hard due to the fact the covers screw on.

for clouds, you need to know the max wattage of your mod, and the heat flux of your coils, like from steam-engine.org. You will want heat flux between 450-500 and massive air flow.

VU Sponsors