Become a Patron!

how to unscrew tank using leverage?? (orchid)

I have an orchid v2, the bottom deck is stuck to the clearish section and I can't for the life of me unscrew it. My friend at work suggested I stick a small nail or something in the airhole to unscrew it but I'm a little confused. Help??

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What is confusing about it? you put a nail or small screwdriver into the hole and then use the expose portion as leverage to turn them.

If the plastic tank slips while doing it, use some rubber bands or something to get a better grip on it.

Just try to go slowly with even pressure to minimize the chance of damaging the threads or tank.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You might have to result to pliers. Just make sure you are careful and that you protect the device with a layer or two of cloth before you use the pliers.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
run it under warm water like any other stuck lid

I find those rubber jar opener things, one in each hand, works very well for my Nautilus mini when it's hard to unscrew.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had a new tank that the screws were tightened beyond belief.
Heating and freezing failed to work, Pliers failed to work, UNTIL, I discovered soaking in Hydrogen Peroxide for a few hours acted like a commercial penetrant.

vaporholic-gringo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got a 21lb sledge hammer that has solved a many of problems lol...went and bought something new.

alex31804

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks alot everyone. Nice to have clarification + a knowledgeable community to help :)
Use the small screwdrivers that come with it (blue ones) put it in the airhole on the base and unscrew. That's how I do mine when they're seized. Best of luck bud!

jackssurvival

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Put it in the freezer for ten min or so when use the lil blue screwdriver that came with it in one of the air holes for leverage

VU Sponsors