Become a Patron!

How to clean a RDTA tank ?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BTW, the company's like Nestlé, Coca-Cola, etc are fucking evil the way they screw over communities with their water mining.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Or the Florida Panhandle ;)

Haha. Generally, I won't buy bottled water either.

But having been drinking excellent well water for almost 20 years now, I can tell you that when I travel, there are some places where I can't stand the taste of the tap water and I can often smell the chlorine in it.

With that said, wash your attys with soap and water.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha. Generally, I won't buy bottled water either.

But having been drinking excellent well water for almost 20 years now, I can tell you that when I travel, there are some places where I can't stand the taste of the tap water and I can often smell the chlorine in it.

With that said, wash your attys with soap and water.
Yeah like when I've been in Europe, especially Germany, disgusting the tap water.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah like when I've been in Europe, especially Germany, disgusting the tap water.

I don't know what you're talking about. German tap water and it's municipalities are highly regulated and tested often. In fact German tap water is considered among the safest and purest in Europe. German tap water is actually more regulated than the bottled water industry in Germany. Why do you think they make the best beer in the world? It's all about the water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know what you're talking about. German tap water and it's municipalities are highly regulated and tested often. In fact German tap water is considered among the safest and purest in Europe. German tap water is actually more regulated than the bottled water industry in Germany. Why do you think they make the best beer in the world? It's all about the water.

Tastes like shit, Germans don't even drink it. Best Beer cause their tap water tastes like shit.

Ever been there? If you have you'd know what I mean.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Tastes like shit, Germans don't even drink it. Best Beer cause their tap water tastes like shit.

Ever been there? If you have you'd know what I mean.

Been there every summer since I'm 12 till I was 21. Germans don't drink it because like most Europeans they have a disdain for tap water or leitungswasser (literally means pipe water) since the end of WWII. The reason for the dislike of tap water is back then because the infrastructure was so damaged during the war the only clean water was bottled water. Thats where the German I don't drink tap water attitude comes from. Like most Europeans they prefer Sparkling or as we know it carbonated water. Like most countries some regions have better tasting water than others but if it's from a municipality and not a well you can be pretty sure it's held to some pretty high standards. If it's not drinkable there needs to be a Kein Trinkwasser sign on the faucet.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been there every summer since I'm 12 till I was 21. Germans don't drink it because like most Europeans they have a disdain for tap water or leitungswasser (literally means pipe water) since the end of WWII. The reason for the dislike of tap water is back then because the infrastructure was so damaged during the war the only clean water was bottled water. Thats where the German I don't drink tap water attitude comes from. Like most Europeans they prefer Sparkling or as we know it carbonated water. Like most countries some regions have better tasting water than others but if it's from a municipality and not a well you can be pretty sure it's held to some pretty high standards. If it's not drinkable there needs to be a Kein Trinkwasser sign on the faucet.

My time there was in and around Frankfurt, Manheim and Friedrichshafen. Tap water was safe but tastes like shit. But then again I'm a born and bred Pacific Northwest I can be very picky with drinking water.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My time there was in and around Frankfurt, Manheim and Friedrichshafen. Tap water was safe but tastes like shit. But then again I'm a born and bred Pacific Northwest I can be very picky with drinking water.

Spent plenty of time in Frankfurt area. I will give you this. My uncle drove a beer truck there and he used to bring home liters of water from the brewery because he claimed they had better water. Tbh while I was there I drank sparkling most of the time because that's what everyone drinks but I never found the German water to be offensive tasting. In all honesty I drank a lot more beer there than any other liquid. Lmfao.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Spent plenty of time in Frankfurt area. I will give you this. My uncle drove a beer truck there and he used to bring home liters of water from the brewery because he claimed they had better water. Tbh while I was there I drank sparkling most of the time because that's what everyone drinks but I never found the German water to be offensive tasting. In all honesty I drank a lot more beer there than any other liquid. Lmfao.

Never could get the draw of Sparkling Water...

Tell you what though nothing beats drinking from a cool Mountain Spring!

Anyway yeah I love Germany, only spent a couple of months there for work but I really enjoyed it. The Beer, let's just say that the Germans turned brewing Beer into a pure art form.

Love the food also.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Never could get the draw of Sparkling Water...

Tell you what though nothing beats drinking from a cool Mountain Spring!

Anyway yeah I love Germany, only spent a couple of months there for work but I really enjoyed it. The Beer, let's just say that the Germans turned brewing Beer into a pure art form.

Love the food also.

Yeah me too. Love the beer and food as well. Luckily I still have one German butcher here that makes a great Leberkäse.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah uh Snake, you know I like you and all but to try to compare your hipster small batch beer to any German beer is just ridiculous. The Germans created the standard that ALL beers are judged by. Sorry bro, we still kool though. Lol.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah uh Snake, you know I like you and all but to try to compare your hipster small batch beer to any German beer is just ridiculous. The Germans created the standard that ALL beers are judged by. Sorry bro, we still kool though. Lol.

Smaller Breweries have been around since the birth of this country.
Both Washington & Jefferson were brewers and distillers.
I hate Hipsters...Period.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Smaller Breweries have been around since the birth of this country.
Both Washington & Jefferson were brewers and distillers.
I hate Hipsters...Period.

You can take anyone of the beers you listed and I'll put them up against any Hofbrau, Spaten, Paulaner, Warsteiner, or Hacker-Pschorr. Trying to compare an American beer to these beers is like comparing a Dodge Neon to a Porsche 911. They're not even in the same league.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can take anyone of the beers you listed and I'll put them up against any Hofbrau, Spaten, Paulaner, Warsteiner, or Hacker-Pschorr. Trying to compare an American beer to these beers is like comparing a Dodge Neon to a Porsche 911. They're not even in the same league.

Don't get me wrong those are all great breweries.But for me I prefer my beer with a bit more hops.
Also just 1 question....Dude how did you forget to list (Weihenstephan)?
Oldest Brewery in the damn world.
And this 1 below seems to always find a place in my fridge.

704_0.png

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't get me wrong those are all great breweries.But for me I prefer my beer with a bit more hops.
Also just 1 question....Dude how did you forget to list (Weihenstephan)?
Oldest Brewery in the damn world.
And this 1 below seems to always find a place in my fridge.

704_0.png
Not a big fan of Weihenstephan. I love their Weiss Beer but I have to be in the mood for it. Those Weiss Beer are so damn heavy. It's like having a loaf of bread with your beer. Lol.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not a big fan of Weihenstephan. I love their Weiss Beer but I have to be in the mood for it. Those Weiss Beer are so damn heavy. It's like having a loaf of bread with your beer. Lol.

Try their (Kristall) it isn't heavy at all.Plus it goes great with Fried Chicken.Heck better than damn expensive Champagne ever did IMHO.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Try their (Kristall) it isn't heavy at all.Plus it goes great with Fried Chicken.Heck better than damn expensive Champagne ever did IMHO.
I've had it. I like it but I'm more of a Hofbrau, Hacker-Pschorr guy. Same thing with the dark beers I have to be in the mood for them. When I see Warsteiner Dunkel though I get in the mood. One of my favorite dark beers. Normally when I do drink Weiss Beer I usually go for a Franziskaner. Nothing like a good German beer and a Landjäger with a good German piece of bread. Ooh baby!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So, clean attys with German beer or American beer? Or fried chicken?
Eeew! Definitely not the chicken and German beer is to expensive so if I had to choose I'd use American beer. Besides when my relatives come here they do call our beer flower water. Lol.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I think of American beer I think of Budweiser and Miller.
Got nothing to say about miller, nothing good anyway.
And Budweiser is not half as good as the Czech Budweiser (what you would call Czechvar)
budbud1.jpg

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wipe down atty with fried chicken, rinse with german beer, then dry with german bread?

First thread I've seen derailed with dinner talk. You guys might want to get yourselves something to eat.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wipe down atty with fried chicken, rinse with german beer, then dry with german bread?

First thread I've seen derailed with dinner talk. You guys might want to get yourselves something to eat.
We could always get your friend Ej in here to talk about Trump. Lmfao.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I think of American beer I think of Budweiser and Miller.
Got nothing to say about miller, nothing good anyway.
And Budweiser is not half as good as the Czech Budweiser (what you would call Czechvar)
budbud1.jpg
Sorry if we're talking Czech Beer I'll stick to (Pilsner Urquell).
31dover-pilsner_urquell-shadow320x1000_1__1.jpg

VU Sponsors