Become a Patron!

How old are people here? Just wondering

Angel Cigs

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm just wandering and would like to see the different range of >18 people here who quit smoking with vaping.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Angel, it's been a fun journey...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good to know that @Huckleberried ,

I'm 23, I don't vape, neither smoke. Can you please tell me how you feel after quit smoking? I really want my father to stop smoking, he is at your age. :p
Wonderful! We both feel wonderful in regard to vaping over smoking. We breathe better, everything tastes better. We just feel better, aside from age kicking in, lol. The hardest part for me was to just stop carrying cigarettes with me. But, I did, and found that I enjoyed the vaping so much more! It was scary. Fear kept me from quitting for a very long time. Vaping has changed our lives.

I wish your father well. I know it's a struggle, for both of you. If he really wants to stop smoking, he can do it! Good luck to you.

Last edited:

Angel Cigs

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Wonderful! We both feel wonderful in regard to vaping over smoking. We breathe better, everything tastes better. We just feel better, aside from age kicking in, lol. The hardest part for me was to just stop carrying cigarettes with me. But, I did, and found that I enjoyed the vaping so much more! It was scary. Fear kept me from quitting for a very long time. Vaping has changed out lives.

I wish your father well. I know it's a struggle, for both of you. If he really wants to stop smoking, he can do it! Good luck to you.

Thank you so much. I'll teach my father how to use ecigs at Spring Festival. :) :p:p:p

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thought you were still in your 20's

I'm well-preserved... ;)

2q88k0fl.jpg

The white hairs and fleeing hairline beg to differ though....:eek:

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm 50. Smoked for right around 30 years, quit date 11/6/13.

I started vaping on 11/1/13. It only took me 5 days to stop smoking after I took my first vape.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
61 and vaping now for a year this month after smoking for 35+ years. .

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
38 here, smoked for 23 years, two packs a day, pipes every day and at least 3 cigars a day as well......my lungs felt amazing two days after I started vaping, one of the best choices I ever made.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm 43 years old, I smoked for 25 years; after a few months of vaping I felt my health prove to the point where I felt like I never smoked.

Vaping changed my life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll add that I feel healthier now than I did in my twenties

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll second that.
I may have been more active then than I am now, but I'm pretty sure I also don't get Bronchitis like I did back then. ;)
I'm equally active, but yes no asthma/bronchitis anymore, I feel refreshed first thing in the morning; instead of groggy, my heart no longer pounds after a jog, or MTB ride, and my 'need' for coffee throughout the day has gone to almost nothing. Strangely, I've found myself drinking tea instead.

Arthritis, and carpel tunnel are the only physical gripes I have right now, but excercise, and a healthy diet minimize it for me

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
26 here.
Ouit a bit over a year ago
Smoked for 6 years, pack a day

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm shocked at how many of us middle aged goons are in here

I think its because at our age smoking is no longer the cool social thing to do like it was when I was 20. Going out to bars and chain smoking while drinking rum& coke. Now after working all day that last thing I want to do is leave the house and I'm in bed by 10....Smoking just became a long term nasty habit that I couldn't quit. ThankGod for vaping.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think its because at our age smoking is no longer the cool social thing to do like it was when I was 20. Going out to bars and chain smoking while drinking rum& coke. Now after working all day that last thing I want to do is leave the house and I'm in bed by 10....Smoking just became a long term nasty habit that I couldn't quit. ThankGod for vaping.
I think you summed it up nicely

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
43 here. Quit 26th of July got my vape never had an urge for another cigarette. I didn't intend to even quit smoking cigarettes, I just wanted to try vaping out. The thing that I think most smokers don't realize is that vaping feels like you're smoking. It's an easy switch, it was for me anyway and I smoked close to 30 years and I loved smoking too.
Good luck with ur pops:)
Oh yeah I feel much better not smoking cigarettes!

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm almost 33
I smoked for 20

Started at 10 and by 12 smoked about a pack a day. At 18-20 smoked 2-3 packs a day. Then got down to a pack and a half or so.

Started vaping at 29, I've got 3 years under my belt.

At 29 the 15 steps in my house felt like a 10k at 32 I can run a few blocks and I don't run/jog everyday. I can chase my boys around and not have to stop to catch my breath.

If I could lose the extra 40ish pounds I'm carrying, I think I would be IronMan.

VU Sponsors