Become a Patron!

How my day at work went

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I work at a grocery store, and I got "promoted" to grabbing carts from the parking lot and bringing them back to the entrance. I'm doing this for almost an hour in the heat, and my phone falls out of my pocket. I have a Galaxy Note 5. So the phone is bigger than my pocket. I go back inside and I find out that the pen is missing. Great. But it gets better. While I'm physically exhausted from pushing 4,5 carriages at a time, I'm now told to bag groceries. It's Saturday and we're busy. My arms are killing me so I ask the head cashier if I can go back outside to get fresh air. She says yeah and I do a round two of the carriages. I'm pushing carriages and a co worker says to me "Give this phone to customer service, someone dropped it. I was too late to save it from getting ran over." I look and it's my phone. This made my day. To my surprise, only the back of the phone is shattered. Everything else is fine. I'm pissed and I got about 4 more hours until my shift is over. The rest of my day was absolutely miserable. Thank god I got insurance. But with shitty AT&T I need to ship out my phone and wait like two weeks to get a new phone. Just my luck.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I work at a grocery store, and I got "promoted" to grabbing carts from the parking lot and bringing them back to the entrance. I'm doing this for almost an hour in the heat, and my phone falls out of my pocket. I have a Galaxy Note 5. So the phone is bigger than my pocket. I go back inside and I find out that the pen is missing. Great. But it gets better. While I'm physically exhausted from pushing 4,5 carriages at a time, I'm now told to bag groceries. It's Saturday and we're busy. My arms are killing me so I ask the head cashier if I can go back outside to get fresh air. She says yeah and I do a round two of the carriages. I'm pushing carriages and a co worker says to me "Give this phone to customer service, someone dropped it. I was too late to save it from getting ran over." I look and it's my phone. This made my day. To my surprise, only the back of the phone is shattered. Everything else is fine. I'm pissed and I got about 4 more hours until my shift is over. The rest of my day was absolutely miserable. Thank god I got insurance. But with shitty AT&T I need to ship out my phone and wait like two weeks to get a new phone. Just my luck.
They will send you a replacement phone the NEXT DAY

VAPE ON

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They will send you a replacement phone the NEXT DAY

VAPE ON

Will they? I fucking hate AT&T. Last time I sent a phone out they sent me a defected phone. After that phone I got a totally different phone since they "didn't have anymore"

earthtograce

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ugh it's too hot for that ish .. Sorry about your phone. Hope your night gets better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry to hear about your phone and the day that you've had. I hope that getting it off your chest as helped a bit. Have a vape and let's hope the replacement phone arrives expediently.
Take care.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They almost always send a re-furb, but they usually work ok. Sorry for your crappy day. Crappy days suck the life out of ya.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, they'll send a new/refurbed one immediately and you send your broken one back in the packaging the new one came in.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like you're a hard working SOB, hard to come by these days....!

I bought a belt clip for mine, there like 4 bucks at Amazon.

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds like you're a hard working SOB, hard to come by these days....!

I bought a belt clip for mine, there like 4 bucks at Amazon.
That isn't a bad idea. But then again, I wear a smock which has pockets but I wouldn't want to risk my phone being in a worse condition than it's in now.

Also, Thanks everyone for replying!

VU Sponsors