Become a Patron!

How long will your vaping habit last?

rocvape001

Unlisted Vendor
Hey there, I am new to forum.
Now most of electronic cigarette users are young, I wonder will you vape till you are old?

Last edited:

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I believe that within nine years (since I said 'ten years' last year :)) that doctors will be prescribing vaping products as a prophylactic to patients at increased risk of dementia. Personally, I plan on vaping for the rest of my life.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Define old.

A LOT of the people here are over 45, me, I'm 47, smoked for 30 years, been vaping for about 2.5 and have no intention of stopping in my immediate future. I love vaping. It keeps me from lighting a cigarette, I enjoy the tinkering aspect and I love chatting with other vapers.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm 59 and have been vaping a couple of years now. I was a dual user for a good while but have been cig free for almost 10 months. I'm about to start DIY'ing my juice so it's safe to say I have no plans on giving up on vaping.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
what does age have to do with it? I think the OP is an ageist.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll just answer the question you're really here to ask. No, I don't want to buy anything from you.
See Boom gets it.

Single post, no intro, bullshit shill question.
Means a few different things.
A study is being done and instead of getting people to answer the questions knowing they are in a study they make a few accounts and ask bullshit questions like this.

Or a clueless person that dropped a ton of money where they should not have on products they know shit about and are going to try and sell them to people who they hope are as clueless about their product as they are.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
See Boom gets it.

A study is being done and instead of getting people to answer the questions knowing they are in a study they make a few accounts and ask bullshit questions like this.

Or a clueless person that dropped a ton of money where they should not have on products they know shit about and are going to try and sell them to people who they hope are as clueless about their product as they are.
my money is on a study.... nothing led into any "type" or "Style" of vaping Only if I plan to keep it up until I'm old. indicating that I will one day be able to use my hearing aid batteries to fire a dual coil rda.

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most vapers are young........what kind of a bullshit statement is that??????
A false one..besides my twenty something younger sisters, all of my friends who vape are 45+, my aunt is actually 56, and loves vaping..even my 62 yr old uncle vapes a e-cig pipe (batt in the bowl and tank in the stem)..lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
what does age have to do with it? I think the OP is an ageist.

Or is one of those idiot youngsters who think life is over at 40.

Andria

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now most of electronic cigarette users are young, I wonder will you vaping till you are old?

Most vapers are young........what kind of a bullshit statement is that??????
I'd like to know where this came from, as well. When I started vaping, most of the vapers I came across were much older than me. When I started off, I thought of my 21-year-old self as something of a rarity and was often treated as such. Both irl and online, the only people I could find to share in it with were much, much older than me. I think it's only recently that teens and young-adults have really fallen into the scene. If anything, vaping has deeper roots in an older crowd of tinkerers and inventors... ...people who were smokers of 10+ years with very serious and sometimes very pressing 10+ year smoker health problems that most young smokers would know little to nothing of.

There's also the issue of disposable income. Young adults are less likely to be able to afford to vape in this economy.

I dunno, when you consider the obstacles and motivating factors, it doesn't make sense that vaping would appeal disproportionately to a younger crowd. Maybe they respond better to the advertising that's geared towards them and are much more likely to participate in the rather large internet scene, but that's neither here nor there in the real world.

Now I'm wondering what the numbers are. Haven't found much yet, but there's some crumbs of food for thought here, here, and here.

Not really much to go by, but I still find it hard to believe that most vapers are young. If anything, the opposite should be true.

Gah, I wish I could find a really large scale survey on this. I have a feeling that it would blow a big hole in the tired "Vaping and all of its sweet flavors appeals to the children!" argument. Could you imagine if it really did turn out to be true that the vast majority of vapers buying all of these sweet flavors turned out to be old enough to be raising teenagers themselves? I dunno... ...I'd have a good laugh over that.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'd like to know where this came from, as well. When I started vaping, most of the vapers I came across were much older than me. When I started off, I thought of my 21-year-old self as something of a rarity and was often treated as such. Both irl and online, the only people I could find to share in it with were much, much older than me. I think it's only recently that teens and young-adults have really fallen into the scene. If anything, vaping has deeper roots in an older crowd of tinkerers and inventors... ...people who were smokers of 10+ years with very serious and sometimes very pressing 10+ year smoker health problems that most young smokers would know little to nothing of.

There's also the issue of disposable income. Young adults are less likely to be able to afford to vape in this economy.

I dunno, when you consider the obstacles and motivating factors, it doesn't make sense that vaping would appeal disproportionately to a younger crowd. Maybe they respond better to the advertising that's geared towards them and are much more likely to participate in the rather large internet scene, but that's neither here nor there in the real world.

Now I'm wondering what the numbers are. Haven't found much yet, but there's some crumbs of food for thought here, here, and here.

Not really much to go by, but I still find it hard to believe that most vapers are young. If anything, the opposite should be true.

Gah, I wish I could find a really large scale survey on this. I have a feeling that it would blow a big hole in the tired "Vaping and all of its sweet flavors appeals to the children!" argument. Could you imagine if it really did turn out to be true that the vast majority of vapers buying all of these sweet flavors turned out to be old enough to be raising teenagers themselves? I dunno... ...I'd have a good laugh over that.

At the vape shop I go into most often, there's a pretty fair mix; maybe 2/3 40 and up, 1/3 younger adults. But there are PLENTY of those 70+ too! It's kinda cool actually, that there is such common ground across 2 or even 3 generations -- the 60-70 yr olds are just as excited about their mods and attys and driptips as the 20-somethings. :D

Andria

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
See Boom gets it.

Add to that the name and the avatar.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
At the vape shop I go into most often, there's a pretty fair mix; maybe 2/3 40 and up, 1/3 younger adults. But there are PLENTY of those 70+ too! It's kinda cool actually, that there is such common ground across 2 or even 3 generations -- the 60-70 yr olds are just as excited about their mods and attys and driptips as the 20-somethings. :D

Y'know, I got to thinking about this; there actually is a difference between the young folks' excitement, and the older folks'; the young folks are excited about cool new tech, blowing big clouds.... Older folks are more excited about the fact that something FINALLY enabled them to quit smoking without having to suffer to do it, and now might live a bit longer, which becomes more of a concern to those a little closer to the "finish line." Younger folks are often not yet acquainted with the fact of their own mortality. :D (when just getting out of bed in the morning doesn't yet hurt, it's easy to think that body will last forever -- a belief of which we're disabused usually sometime around the age of 40-ish.)

“I'm fairly certain YOLO is just Carpe Diem for stupid people.”`~ Jack Black

Or those with no belief in reincarnation. ;) I definitely don't believe "yolo". But I do wish I'd done a bit more carpe'ing of the diem.

Andria

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Andria, you reminded me that I recently registered on a (non-vape-related_ shopping site as carpe_dumb.

What was the original topic, anyway? Where's that eloquent OP?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi I am a nicotine addict I have failed by all resources to stop Nicotine I will be older than ass and never stop vaing there ya go

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Y'know, I got to thinking about this; there actually is a difference between the young folks' excitement, and the older folks'; the young folks are excited about cool new tech, blowing big clouds.... Older folks are more excited about the fact that something FINALLY enabled them to quit smoking without having to suffer to do it, and now might live a bit longer, which becomes more of a concern to those a little closer to the "finish line." Younger folks are often not yet acquainted with the fact of their own mortality. :D (when just getting out of bed in the morning doesn't yet hurt, it's easy to think that body will last forever -- a belief of which we're disabused usually sometime around the age of 40-ish.)
I dunno, I figured it out pretty early on, but then again, I really ran my body into the ground as a hooligan. Near death experiences and everyday pains will make you stop and re-assess really quickly. I've broken a lot of bones and had my share of, "Welp, guess I'm dead now." moments. That shit ages you real fast. I'm 25 years old and I do everything that I can to keep my health from deteriorating. I don't compromise on anything there. That way, when life comes at me hard or opportunity strikes, I'm ready for it.

If anything, you'd think that with all of the dumb shit we do as kids, we'd all figure it out sooner.

I definitely don't believe "yolo". But I do wish I'd done a bit more carpe'ing of the diem.
Eh, two sides of the same coin. Either way, you are bound to have regrets. It's the "grass is greener" fallacy. It all depends on what your values are... ...what do you want out of life? What are your options? Never too late to focus on the here and now, you know?

Personally, I try to live my life with reasonable caution because I look forward to growing old. What's so bad about being a more complete person? Perhaps life really only begins at 40. I figure that if I play my cards right, I'll just have another 15 years of wisdom and experience, new skills, better control over my emotions, a firmer grasp on what I want in life and how to find satisfaction... ...sounds worth having and being healthy enough to make good use of. There's something to be said about the grace and serenity that only decades spent out in the whirl can impart.

I just think it'd be a damned shame to wind up spending my later years rotting away because I squandered all of my wherewithal and energies on my youth. Everything that you put yourself through when you're young is like taking out a loan on your future well being. It pays to consider that sometimes. Life is not short. It's a lot longer than people realize.

That YOLO shit always bugged the crap out of me, though. I was like yeah, you only live once... ...as in, if you fuck it up doing stupid shit, then you're done motherfucker! You took one bad opportunity and sacrificed your chance at meeting any others. LMAO damn.

I think that living gracefully means knowing when to seize the day and when to distribute your energies more tactfully and thoughtfully. There has to be a balance to it. You have to be patient and honest with yourself. Know when to acknowledge your limitations and when to step outside of your comfort zone. You can't just wait for life to happen, but if you're constantly going and never knowing, then you wind up spinning your wheels until your tires go bald.

Totally off-topic, yeah. But eh... ...does it even matter at this point?

Last edited:

Kethiju

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I dunno, I figured it out pretty early on, but then again, I really ran my body into the ground as a hooligan. Near death experiences and everyday pains will make you stop and re-assess really quickly. I've broken a lot of bones and had my share of, "Welp, guess I'm dead now." moments. That shit ages you real fast. I'm 25 years old and I do everything that I can to keep my health from deteriorating. I don't compromise on anything there. That way, when life comes at me hard or opportunity strikes, I'm ready for it.

If anything, you'd think that with all of the dumb shit we do as kids, we'd all figure it out sooner.

Eh, two sides of the same coin. Either way, you are bound to have regrets. It's the "grass is greener" parable. It all depends on what your values are... ...what do you want out of life? What are your options? Never too late to focus on the here and now, you know?

Personally, I try to live my life with reasonable caution because I look forward to growing old. What's so bad about being a more complete person? Perhaps life really only begins at 40. I figure that is I play my cards right, I'll just have another 15 years of wisdom and experience, new skills, better control over my emotions, a firmer grasp on what I want in life and how to find satisfaction... ...sounds worth having and being healthy enough to make good use of. There's something to be said about the grace and serenity that only decades spent out in the whirl can impart.

I just think it'd be a damned shame to wind up spending my later years rotting away because I squandered all of my wherewithal and energies on my youth. Everything that you put yourself through when you're young is like taking out a loan on your future well being. It pays to consider that sometimes. Life is not short. It's a lot longer than people realize.

That YOLO shit always bugged the crap out of me, though. I was like yeah, you only live once... ...as in, if you fuck it up doing stupid shit, then you're done motherfucker! You took one bad opportunity and sacrificed your chance at meeting any others. LMAO damn.

I think that living gracefully means knowing when to seize the day and when to distribute your energies more tactfully and thoughtfully. There has to be a balance to it. You have to be patient and honest with yourself. Know when to acknowledge your limitations and when to step outside of your comfort zone. You can't just wait for life to happen, but if you're constantly going and never knowing, then you wind up spinning your wheels until your tires go bald.

Totally off-topic, yeah. But eh... ...does it even matter at this point?
It appears wisdom has already found you to some degree. I'm 33 going on 34 next month. Smoked since I was 20. Probably a lot earlier if you count imitation by nipping a smoke or 2 from mom's pack and running outside to light it then find out they taste horrible because mom bought Basic. I'm also a truck driver. As a while the younger guys and new drivers are bringing vaping into the industry. Great news for us. Anyone know off the top of their head how much a pack of Marlboro Black is in Washington state? Or New York? I'll vape. Thanks. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, you reminded me that I recently registered on a (non-vape-related_ shopping site as carpe_dumb.

What was the original topic, anyway? Where's that eloquent OP?

Something highly ungrammatical about how long will you vaping. :D /languagenazi

If someone actually asks me if I'm ever going to "quit that," I feel like asking them if they're ever going to stop being a nosy ignorant intolerant asshole. :D

Andria

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I plan to vape for the rest of my life. Will need to train some monkeys to swap out wicks & coils for me at some point down the line.

Kethiju

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I plan to vape for the rest of my life. Will need to train some monkeys to swap out wicks & coils for me at some point down the line.
Use Bonobos. They won't eat your face off. Might try to Fuck your face off though.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It appears wisdom has already found you to some degree.
Maybe... ...I'm not so attached to my points of view as to think that they belong to me. I think of that as more something that I walk alongside rather than something that is a product of my own thoughts and actions. Like you said, it finds me from time to time. It's not mine to hold and I don't know the why's or how's of its comings and goings. I just know what I know... ...sometimes more than I expect and other times, not nearly as much as I needed.

I'm 33 going on 34 next month. Smoked since I was 20. Probably a lot earlier if you count imitation by nipping a smoke or 2 from mom's pack and running outside to light it then find out they taste horrible because mom bought Basic.
Ugh, Basic. I can't really say a thing about Basic's, though. Believe it or not, I started in my mid-teens with a fresh, sealed pack of 305's that I found on the sidewalk outside of my house. Somebody probably dropped it on the way to the store. And I wound up liking them.

I'm also a truck driver. As a while the younger guys and new drivers are bringing vaping into the industry. Great news for us. Anyone know off the top of their head how much a pack of Marlboro Black is in Washington state? Or New York? I'll vape. Thanks. :)
Haha, my best friend is a truck driver. He's a little older than me - age 27. I have been trying for years to convince him to take up vaping. He tells me that smoking is the least of his concerns. He's more worried that his trainees will get him killed first. ;)

I never considered the price of cigarettes around the country, though I know they are quite high in some states. Maybe I'll try that angle. Not sure if it will work, since he does nothing but drive and make money - no time to spend it. Not really a big spender, just loves what he does. Worth a shot, though. Thanks for that little serendipitous insight.

Just a question, you think too much...
You're new, so I'm assuming you don't know, but this is far from the first time this community has been used as a way for marketers to farm information without their potential client bases knowledge. It's a practice that's frowned upon for its deceptive and unethical nature. People tend to dislike being played as unwitting pawns for targeted advertisement.

A lot of them are from non-English-speaking nations and tend to make odd grammatical choices... ...the kind that only someone who doesn't know English as a first language would make. They ask questions about age and preferences a lot... ...usually in the form of a poll or general inquiry. It is usually done right from the first post and often it winds up being the only thing they post about, aside from their favorite products from their favorite vendor. They also tend to support just one... ...usually one that is not known of by virtually anybody but them, and it's usually not a domestic vendor. I can tell you that any native English speaker who has taken a look at rocvape.com would find the similarities in grammatical oddities between your posts and the wording on the site to be suspect.

So you see, you're ticking most of the boxes on the standard "shill" checklist.

Please do not misread my intentions - I'm not meaning to accuse you of anything, nor am I giving you the benefit of the doubt - I simply do not care what your intentions are. I'm telling you (for your benefit,) that the perception is there because of the way that shills and marketers trolling for info have often conducted themselves on not only these forums, but many others. You may or may not be a duck, but you quack like one and that is where the response you're getting is coming from. It just isn't a good look and the people here aren't going to ignore such an easy connection - not knowing what we already know about how these people operate. It's not something that can go overlooked.

If you aren't a shill, then the truth will easily be seen soon enough. Unfortunately for you, people are going to give you shifty looks for the way you've come off this far. This is just a product of the times. It's nothing personal, you know? It's just that there are reasons for why your behavior sets off red flags in a place like this...

Last edited:

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I live my life a quarter-mile at a time

rocvape001

Unlisted Vendor
You're new, so I'm assuming you don't know, but this is far from the first time this community has been used as a way for marketers to farm information without their potential client bases knowledge. It's a practice that's frowned upon for its deceptive and unethical nature. People tend to dislike being played as unwitting pawns for targeted advertisement.

A lot of them are from non-English-speaking nations and tend to make odd grammatical choices... ...the kind that only someone who doesn't know English as a first language would make. They ask questions about age and preferences a lot... ...usually in the form of a poll or general inquiry. It is usually done right from the first post and often it winds up being the only thing they post about, aside from their favorite products from their favorite vendor. They also tend to support just one... ...usually one that is not known of by virtually anybody but them, and it's usually not a domestic vendor. I can tell you that native English speaker who has taken a look at rocvape.com would find the similarities in grammatical oddities between your posts and the wording on the site to be suspect.

So you see, you're ticking most of the boxes on the standard "shill" checklist.

Please do not misread my intentions - I'm not meaning to accuse you of anything, nor am I giving you the benefit of the doubt - I simply do not care what your intentions are. I'm telling you (for your benefit,) that the perception is there because of the way that shills and marketers trolling for info have often conducted themselves on not only these forums, but many others. You may or may not be a duck, but you quack like one and that is where the response you're getting is coming from. It just isn't a good look and the people here aren't going to ignore such an easy connection - not knowing what we already know about how these people operate. It's not something that can go overlooked.

If you aren't a shill, then the truth will easily be seen soon enough. Unfortunately for you, people are going to give you shifty looks for the way you've come off this far. This is just a product of the times. It's nothing personal, you know? It's just that there are reasons for why your behavior sets off red flags in a place like this...

Hey Robot, first thanks for your precious advice on how to deal with the forum things here. We really appreciate that and we're trying as hard as we can to work on this lately. As non-native speakers, we can't change the fact that we might make grammatical mistake like this or like that, but we'll try to make ourselves understood more easily and bring products information more clearly to the public in the future.

Actually, we don't serve as the "shill" for the Rocvape. We have been working on opening a sub-forum for our brand and this is almost finished. It's our mistake to put all these stuff( the logo, the brand, etc.) so quickly without letting the users know any information about the Rocvape.

Well...we do want to advertise here. Why not? I mean this is an amazing zone to bring some of our great devices to people who might be interested in.

Thank you: )

Last edited:

rocvape001

Unlisted Vendor
See Boom gets it.

Actually this is not a BS question. We're sorry that we don't know enough about "rules" here. The words and image we used probably made you take us wrong.

As I said on the last post, we don't serve as a "shill" here. The first simple post was just like a "hello, this is rocvape" here. We don't mean to offend anyone or the any rules here. And of course we will make a full intro. after we set up our sub-forum. Thanks for your concern and support: )

Last edited:

rocvape001

Unlisted Vendor
I believe that within nine years (since I said 'ten years' last year :)) that doctors will be prescribing vaping products as a prophylactic to patients at increased risk of dementia. Personally, I plan on vaping for the rest of my life.
Hope vaping make you get much healthier: )

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your deception and true intentions were apparent after two sentences. I'm sick and tired of Chinese vendors coming in here and treating us like we're stupid. Rocvape just made my list. Nice job. Vendors that shoot straight and contribute more than ads get treated well here. So far you've done neither and I doubt that will change.

HRC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
55 years old and smoked for 40+ years. I'll vape until I feel I can stop without going back to cigs.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Note of advice.
Do not tell these folks anything.
Fucking shills, dishonest peddlers of garbage at worst.

Spend money elsewhere.

VU Sponsors