Become a Patron!

How long does the nicotine liquid keep for in a cupboard?

Before it is used up, how long will it stay good for? Next month or two, I am planning to buy a liter or 500 ml of possibly 50% nicotine in one of the bases. What base do you recommend?

Where is the absolute cheapest IN CANADA to get this?

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Before it is used up, how long will it stay good for? Next month or two, I am planning to buy a liter or 500 ml of possibly 50% nicotine in one of the bases. What base do you recommend?

Where is the absolute cheapest IN CANADA to get this?
I keep a month or two out for use. The rest goes in glass bottles filled to the brim (least air as possible) and into the freezer, it will keep in the freezer for years. PG nic will keep longer than VG nic stored in the same conditions as each other.

earlw

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm assuming you mean 50mg nicotine and not 50% nicotine. 50% nicotine would be 500mg and would qualify as a hazardous material requiring special handling procedures - definitely not for the casual mixer.

We're not usually looking for the cheapest possible nicotine regardless of quality and flavour. Cheap nicotine will likely impart a strong 'peppery' taste to your mixes, particularly bad if you are mixing for delicate flavours. If you are mixing at 12mg, 1 liter of 48mg nicotine will make 4 liters of e-juice - so you are going to be living with that taste for a long time.

I've personally used nic base from Hydavape in Arnprior with good results (you can order online & they ship anywhere in canada). 1 liter of 48mg is $75 canadian. 1 liter of 100mg is $125 canadian. I transferred all of mine to 100ml blue glass bottles that are stored in the freezer until needed.

Do NOT keep it in a cupboard - it will oxidize and basically taste like crap.

I keep a month or two out for use. The rest goes in glass bottles filled to the brim (least air as possible) and into the freezer, it will keep in the freezer for years. PG nic will keep longer than VG nic stored in the same conditions as each other.

Good to know. I was so wondering about this. Thank you so much.

VU Sponsors