How do I help a smoker?

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I did not start vaping to quit smoking (it just happened) so I am having difficulty explaining how to quit smoking by using a vapor pen.I know it worked for me, but how can I tell someone to try it because it works. Several people have asked me about using them and I strongly encouraged them to give it's a try,but I would feel disingenuous if I told them I used them specifically to quit smoking.

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did not start vaping to quit smoking (it just happened) so I am having difficulty explaining how to quit smoking by using a vapor pen.I know it worked for me, but how can I tell someone to try it because it works. Several people have asked me about using them and I strongly encouraged them to give it's a try,but I would feel disingenuous if I told them I used them specifically to quit smoking.
I too did not start vaping to quit smoking, vaping just ended up being much better. I think saying "It was so much better I quit smoking when I wasn't trying to" sounds better anyway. The main thing is don't let them base their opinions about vaping on Blu cigs or other crap convenience store e cigs.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am working on getting one of my brothers and my mom into vaping. We are all very defensive people in my family so it is taking some finesse...So far, what I did for my brother is to show him some cloud chasing videos on youtube in order to get the image in his mind. Without telling him about quitting smoking. Next step, I asked him if he could help me build some coils since my eyes are shitty....he offered to help. Once he started researching the builds and the mods available, he was so well informed on his own, he went out and got a rig for himself so he could practice the building of course...now that he is vaping off and on, I informed him that I am going to stick with the VW devices, furthering his interest in the different devices available. He is in the market for a VW machine now too, his wife told me he is down a full pack of smokes already! Together with her help, we are going to get him there without ever saying anything about smoking. She offered to let him vape in the house because she loooves the smell...I give him another week or so and Ill bet money he is done smoking for good. My mom was a little easier, I bought four different menthol flavored juices (icky) and told her that they sent them to me as free samples. I talked about them for two weeks a little at a time to get it in her head...it worked. She asked if I could send them to her to try, because my brother had bought her an ego pen (notice its my brother that bought her the pen hehehehe, its working) I sent them down with 4 aspire tanks and enough coils to last a few months....she loooooves the flavors. My dad is helping out now too, he told her that he loves the smell they give and told her to vape them in the kitchen during coffee in the morning...she started vaping in the morning now with my brother and his wife, all while sitting comfortably in the kitchen with their coffee...She is coming to visit this week and she has already asked me to show her all the good websites that offer liquids....I plan on having a nice little Groove II waiting for her with a kanger mega tank and some coils. I also got a few new flavors for her to try, including non menthols, hoping if I can get her away from the menthol flavoring, she might be more excited about the prospect of not going back to the smokes....Sometimes, you got to be tricky, strategic and cunning...people are really defensive about their stogies lol. Good luck my man, think of it as a covert mission.

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am working on getting one of my brothers and my mom into vaping. We are all very defensive people in my family so it is taking some finesse...So far, what I did for my brother is to show him some cloud chasing videos on youtube in order to get the image in his mind. Without telling him about quitting smoking. Next step, I asked him if he could help me build some coils since my eyes are shitty....he offered to help. Once he started researching the builds and the mods available, he was so well informed on his own, he went out and got a rig for himself so he could practice the building of course...now that he is vaping off and on, I informed him that I am going to stick with the VW devices, furthering his interest in the different devices available. He is in the market for a VW machine now too, his wife told me he is down a full pack of smokes already! Together with her help, we are going to get him there without ever saying anything about smoking. She offered to let him vape in the house because she loooves the smell...I give him another week or so and Ill bet money he is done smoking for good. My mom was a little easier, I bought four different menthol flavored juices (icky) and told her that they sent them to me as free samples. I talked about them for two weeks a little at a time to get it in her head...it worked. She asked if I could send them to her to try, because my brother had bought her an ego pen (notice its my brother that bought her the pen hehehehe, its working) I sent them down with 4 aspire tanks and enough coils to last a few months....she loooooves the flavors. My dad is helping out now too, he told her that he loves the smell they give and told her to vape them in the kitchen during coffee in the morning...she started vaping in the morning now with my brother and his wife, all while sitting comfortably in the kitchen with their coffee...She is coming to visit this week and she has already asked me to show her all the good websites that offer liquids....I plan on having a nice little Groove II waiting for her with a kanger mega tank and some coils. I also got a few new flavors for her to try, including non menthols, hoping if I can get her away from the menthol flavoring, she might be more excited about the prospect of not going back to the smokes....Sometimes, you got to be tricky, strategic and cunning...people are really defensive about their stogies lol. Good luck my man, think of it as a covert mission.
Make sure you're giving the the high nic juice if they're coming off a pack a day smoking. The ONLY drawback I've noticed from vaping is my sense of smell is like SUPER smell now. My wife has never smoked and I can smell stuff she can't, sometimes to the point of me being called crazy. I only say the sense of smell is a bad thing because I have 4 kids, the 4th being a baby. I've smoked for the past 12 years, 7 of those years spent changing diapers. Now with the new baby and my super sense of smell I ABSOLUTELY HATE CHANGING DIAPERS.

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's kind of what I have been doing.but the one gentleman in particular says well how do I use them to quit smoking.I suggested that he try starting with them and see how it goes from there

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
both my mom and my brother are 2 to 3 pack a day smokers, i got my mom 12mg and my brother is vaping 12 as well. He already told me he is starting to dislike the taste of the analogs now too, whooop whooop. My mom is loving the flavors so much, she just texted me that she is out of her two favorite juices already! Working good! She said she wants to get rid of the stinkies soon and vape only! My brother is next! I cant wait for her to get here, not only do I miss her dearly, Im going to get her some extra years back onto her life total!

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 2 cents (funny how my phone doesn't have a cent symbol)
Honest answers to questions and support are top of the list. After that have him keep a pen with his cigs. When the urge hits tell him to try the vape 1st for a few min. If he still wants the stinky then have it. Even holding the vape constantly and taking puffs is fine. I barely put the thing down the 1st few weeks.
Putting too much pressure on yourself can force you to fail. when he wants to quit bad enough he'll get there.

luck to you

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
My two cents worth.

And I am missing the cent symbol as well from my keyboard CF.

First and foremost, the smoker actually wants and needs to quit smoking and it 100% game to try vaping.

Without that your efforts are lost and wasted.

And others might take me to task on this (which is OK as we all have our own opinions) I HIGHLY recommend a newly hatched vaper starting out with 24mg of nic due to the slower absorption rate.

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do believe that's probably the best way. Use both.... Try Vale first. Vape for taste/pleasure then if ya wanna burn then burn....

Reactions: Ace

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My two cents worth.

And I am missing the cent symbol as well from my keyboard CF.

First and foremost, the smoker actually wants and needs to quit smoking and it 100% game to try vaping.

Without that your efforts are lost and wasted.

And others might take me to task on this (which is OK as we all have our own opinions) I HIGHLY recommend a newly hatched vaper starting out with 24mg of nic due to the slower absorption rate.
I started with 18 and am still with 18 and that's the way it is...

VU Sponsors