Become a Patron!

How did you spend your Sat.?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK just curious how people are spending their Sat. mornings.
The last few weeks been helping out on a fun but challenging project for a local event, that has international ties also.
Damn it is fun, and strangely I have a fair bit of pride on my contribution to it so far, the project is months away from being completed and just enjoying getting out of my head a few hours every Sat..

If I get permission from the people that run it I will post up pics and what it actually is that I am helping out on.
But I never thought my hours and hours of painting Battletech and RPG figures along with my Jr. High and High School Calligraphy classes 20+ years ago would actually be useful.

Seina_Yamada

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Slept in to noon its 1:33pm here now. Watching Videos, posting online and thinking about working on getting some new course material going for some of my advanced students next month.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watching college football mostly..
I'm from New Orleans so you know I'm rooting for LSU. But being from the south I also like Alabama..roll tide! Lol

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I Called RJ, & we continued our quest for the domination of the world. Super Mart was out of Depends. :cool:

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vaping college football and relaxing, yes I have no life.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I slept most of the day away. I just got up about an hour ago. Graveyard shift sucks.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just curious... when you two have completed your takeover, will the rest of us be able to tell?

#benevolentdictatorship
We have our Robstown, Texas office working on that. There is a problem with the permits to beg in public. :)

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Spent the morning reseeding the lawn and harvesting the garden. Ripe maters, cukes, snap beans, and a frigging huge daikon radish.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got up at 4am to go to work at 5. Got off at 1pm. Normally, I'd stay till 3-4, but I'm just a few minutes shy of overtime, so I left early.

I went for a 45 minute bike ride after changing. Took a shower and practiced guitar for a bit. After that, I got a kick-ass calzone from a local Italian place. It's the only place around here where you can get one that actually has ricotta cheese in it. It's not a real calzone if it doesn't even have that!

Gave a friend of mine his first guitar lesson for two hours. Also been working on getting him vaping. He thinks it's awesome, but doesn't think he can handle the learning curve, so I attempted to demystify it a bit by showing him everything that you have to do to use and maintain an RDA, rather than just explaining the basic mechanics of it like I've been trying to do. I think he realized how simple it really is today. If I had more time to set up and debrief him, I woulda sent him off with some of my back-up gear. Maybe later this week I'll have him do a build himself before I hook him up with some gear to use.

After he left, I just sat around listening to music and tinkering with my Mutation X v3. After trying some elaborate builds, I ultimately went with a .26 dual 24g. Figures.

I just pulled the trigger on a new Sigelei 150w, a pair of VTC5's, and a pair of Samsung 25r's. I saw it in red on Origin Vape and just had to have it. I wanted to get it while they still had the red in stock, because it seems like not too many places have it and that makes me think it's a limited run.

Now I'm starting on my second pint and faffing about on the internet. I need to drink while I contemplate what I've just done to my money situation for the week.

It's an interesting life I lead. My Saturdays are boring and normal. Tuesday's more interesting.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Spent the morning reseeding the lawn and harvesting the garden. Ripe maters, cukes, snap beans, and a frigging huge daikon radish.
planted my cover crop...favas and vetch will plant Garlic in a couple of weeks, emptied out my worm box.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Worked my ever lovin' ass off and now it's draggin'. The Grand Rod Run is in Pigeon Forge this weekend, no rest for the weary.
And in a mere 12 hours, I'll be right back at it again.....

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I painted boats is as much as I can actually say until I get the go ahead from the org that I can post up some brag pics.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Worked my ever lovin' ass off and now it's draggin'. The Grand Rod Run is in Pigeon Forge this weekend, no rest for the weary.
And in a mere 12 hours, I'll be right back at it again.....
I feel for ya! I used to love going up there on Rod Run weekend...lots of fun, but man, the traffic is pure hell!

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woke up at 3 went out to my garage stared at my array of vaping needs, packed up my binky bag as I call it. Got to work at 4 set up the area(dispatcher). Brewed some coffee had a vape:)

Dreaded the day....understaffed and I'm burned out. Sat in a desk and clicked my mouse stared at 2 screens till about 230, lunch, vaped. At it again till 7....So tired right now...really burned at this point. At home vaping typing this...I need a career change:)

That's it yay!!!!!

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Played some GTA 5 / vaped / vaped / vaped / watched movie / vaped / slept

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Saturday sucked. I basically saw my grandmother alive for the last time. I've known it was coming, and I'm very grateful to have told her I love her 1 last time.

But, it still tore me apart.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My Saturday sucked. I basically saw my grandmother alive for the last time. I've known it was coming, and I'm very grateful to have told her I love her 1 last time.

But, it still tore me apart.

Been there done that man. I will suck very hard for a long time, hang in there it will start to suck less as times goes on.

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
oh man ,mine is 94 i know the day is coming and i am not looking forward to it at all
Mine turned 94 in August. It's not unexpected at all, she's been declining in health steadily, but this week she took a massive turn and is having near constant strokes, has no real memory, and can't move.

I've seen her tired, but this is just, well, different. My wife's gram looked the same way a couple days before the end.

It doesn't help I live hours away. But, I have an amazing aunt and uncle who have kept her in her home, and who have been taking care of her 24/7 for years. My aunt made a promise to her that she would never be in a nursing home, and she would die living in the home her and grandpa built. They have done some amazing things to keep that promise.

But, knowing what I know, and knowing she's going to be well taken care of right to the end, yesterday was still the hardest day of my life. She was more than my grandmother. She was my world. My mother basically abandoned me, gram was there. Mom comes and takes me back, things go sideways, gram treks half across the country to rescue me.

I owe my life, and everything I am today to her, and to 2 aunts and 2 uncles who backed her up. She is truly an amazing woman.

dannycarlisle18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Worked from 6-11 at home then went to Ikea and Costco. Went to my friend's house and played beach volleyball, BBQ'ed for his birthday. Got pretty drunk then went home and passed out. Ended up waking up to like 20 people at my house partying and then we moved the party to my other friend's house. Got really drunk and went to sleep. Lol.

DripDripptyDrip

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Went to a baby naming, shopped for a new car, and tried to do some relaxing. Shit has been so busy I haven't really had a chance to go out in a while.

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
mine turned 94 on Aug 21, about 2 weeks ago i thought she a goner,me and my uncle had to load her into the car so he could take her to the hospital,,she couldn't move and her speech was basically nothing more then sounds,
turns out she had pneumonia,the lack of oxygen was shutting down her body,,she was back home 2 days later and still get around with a walker
Wow, that's eerie! My grams birthday is the 21st, too.

She got pretty sick a few weeks ago, same thing. She was semi mobile with a walker up until early last week when everything tanked.

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know, right! Lol

VU Sponsors