Become a Patron!

Host for Clone website?

iLoveVapeMail

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im currently on GoDaddy and I am looking to move my hosting to a company that wont shut down my website because we talk and sell clones on it.

Any suggestions? Im assuming I may have to go somewhere outside the USA for it.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What? Why would BigDaddy close down a site due to non-illegal content?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What? Why would BigDaddy close down a site due to non-illegal content?

LOL.. I'm a bit confused by this as well.. GoDaddy probably doesnt even know what a clone is ..

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They did shut a forum down after an authentic company reported them selling or talking about a "counterfeit"... copy being sold as an authentic.
Something along those lines, there is a thread started here about that a couple months ago.

I don't think they were doing anything illegal, they were talking about clones (or selling clones?) like the thousands of other websites do... they were just pointed out and godaddy didn't want to spend time researching the matter and just shut them down.

I think the title of the VU thread was "don't talk about clones"?
Found it...
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/ceases-and-desist-you-cant-talk-about-clones.21246/

Last edited:

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
godaddy is a nightmare.. If they are your registrar, move your site to another registrar while you can.. Google godaddy's tactics and you will know what I am referring to.. Like holding webmaters sites hostage until money is paid to release them,e tc.. They did it to me twice over an alleged spam report/ Costs me hundreds in fines to them that they levy for them to release my site.. BEWARE of this company,,

PS: ask the new company you decide on if they are a subsidiary of godaddy before changing also.. Found out they use many different business names.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They did shut a forum down after an authentic company reported them selling or talking about a "counterfeit"... copy being sold as an authentic.
Something along those lines, there is a thread started here about that a couple months ago.

I don't think they were doing anything illegal, they were talking about clones (or selling clones?) like the thousands of other websites do... they were just pointed out and godaddy didn't want to spend time researching the matter and just shut them down.

I think the title of the VU thread was "don't talk about clones"?
Found it...
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/ceases-and-desist-you-cant-talk-about-clones.21246/
No hits for "godaddy" in a search of that thread.

iLoveVapeMail

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I have heard they closed down more then 1 site because of this and I want to avoid doing it. I heard getting the website hosted in another country is a good option.

Anyone have any knowledge of this to suggest a good hosting company?

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
maybe it's because they were selling clones as real. I had godaddy.com and used the square store as the store front and go daddy just redirected people from my website to the square site.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
maybe it's because they were selling clones as real. I had godaddy.com and used the square store as the store front and go daddy just redirected people from my website to the square site.

No, it was a site like got smoke that just linked to deals. Nothing for sale.

So yeah, I would look for an alternative to godaddy ilovevapemail. That would be a huge hassle if they threw the hammer down on you and your site. Wish I had a suggestion on where to go, maybe someone will come in with one. Maybe nearlyfreespeach as suggested above?

vaporelse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think that most takedown notices are totally random. Someone sees a site they don't like or someone reports a site they feel is infringing, and a takedown notice is easy to file. Right or wrong, us little guys don't have the money or lawyers to fight it.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Host in another country.. somewhere in Netherlands or Sweden.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The problem is 'fair use' and how these assholes dont want you to know about or take advantage of it..

madd cabbie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Try justhost.com I used them for several years and loved it. If you wanna save some money when you register get 2 pages in and try to close it. It will give you a lower rate.

I think I was paying $1.82 month for unlimited everything

sent from my mobile communication device

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Isn't is fucking ironic that we as American's have to go to foreign web hosting services to ensure that freedom of expression and freedom of commerce isn't infringed. I'm getting disgusted as a vet who fought for this country.

VU Sponsors