Become a Patron!

Homemade Liquids

Hi Everyone,

It`s my first post here, actually first post in forums at all. :)
Ok, lets get to the point :

Few days ago I was started to search for people who make flavors for liquids themselves.
For an example. Has anyone tried to make Peppermint flavor by simply adding fresh peppermint leaves to liquid and let them sit there for a night or so? Or adding bubble gum to liquid and do the same thing as with peppermint leaves (let it sit in liquid for a while) to get bubble gum flavor?
I hope you got the idea. Please share your experience and tips with me.

Thanks!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That is not how this works.. that is not how any of this works.

If you want to vape inorganic compounds that can and will fry your lungs.. go for it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, don't. You don't want to vape sugars, and doing extractions need to be researched to be sure there's no inhalation effects. Take some time and research this area of the forum. We're all getting tasty vapes using the same thing shops are using.

Welcome to VU.

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So I should not vape this moonshine with crushed peach seeds I've got loaded up? Glad I saw this.;)

Seriously, do a lot of study before you try anything.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I should not vape this moonshine with crushed peach seeds I've got loaded up? Glad I saw this.;)

Inhaling fire is not what you seek.

I understand the danger, but it`s vaping underground isn`t it ? In underground there must be somebody who has tried to do something like that with successful results. Anyone ?
(I know that It is easier and cheaper to go to store and buy flavors.)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Even grocery store flavorings aren't what you want. Yes, it's vaping underground, but we still are wanting to do what's safer. We're not trying to be guinea pigs, we started vaping for a safer alternative to cigarettes, cigars, snuff... along those lines.

Yes, people do work with extractions, but they also research it. Vaping sugars, like actual bubble gum, is gonna totally fuck up your coils anyway. No one says you can't try it, we're saying you won't have much success with it. Personally, I think it's a terrible idea.

How about dry or fresh Lemon peele or peppermint leaves? Cinnamon... Something like that? Thats what I`m looking for. For someone who has done a research and know what to start with. I really don`t want to be out of safe zone while doing it. I`m asking for advice from experienced guys who have done that.

Thank you!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Inhaling the vapor from crushed peach pits might be a good way to commit suicide, if that's what you've got in mind. :D Most fruit seeds and pits contain a pretty high level of cyanide. ;)

Andria

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Bubble gum is for chewin an poppin and moonshine is for sippin an raisin hell.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How about dry or fresh Lemon peele or peppermint leaves? Cinnamon... Something like that? Thats what I`m looking for. For someone who has done a research and know what to start with. I really don`t want to be out of safe zone while doing it. I`m asking for advice from experienced guys who have done that.

Thank you!

Citrus peels contain oils, so extremely non-advisable. Cinnamon is strong, comes from tree bark... do you really want to inhale tree bark, or just the flavor of it?

Go to bullcityvapor.com or ecigexpress.com and get some flavors that are actually suitable for this purpose.

Andria

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thank you!

Extraction from organic stuff is fine, bubblegum not so much. But, there is more to extraction than just adding the leaves to PG/VG. There are people who are into extraction but not very many. You'll have to search for information on natural extracts or start a new thread with a title for extracts.

There is nothing wrong with extracting organic stuff but you don't want to do things with added sugar. As was pointed out, sugars are not good to vape. They'll gunk up your coils in short order anyway.

To answer your question, and I have not done it, I would imagine that soaking peppermint or lemon in pg for a couple days would indeed give a bit of flavor but it would be very very light/weak flavor. It wouldn't hurt to try it for fun. Just don't don't do things that are not organic, like bubblegum.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Thank you!
Inhaling cinnamon oil.
Ya multi organ failure is in your future.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Inhaling cinnamon oil.
Ya multi organ failure is in your future.

Horseshit.

Any oil present after soaking a stick of cinnamon in pg would be tiny. Or a lemon peel.

It's a ridiculous assumption from a bunch of ninnies.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eugenol toxicity is not horseshit.

It is in this context. Nobody is talking about vaping pure oil.

It's like you're claiming that drinking a glass of water is going to drown me. The argument is ridiculous on it's face.

Soaking a lemon peel or cinnamon stick in pg will result in very little flavor, or anything else, leaching into the pg. The flavor will be very very weak. There isn't much point in doing it. But, it certainly would not be harmful because again, the amount leached into the pg would be very small.

For proper extracts, you would need to condense the extract to make it stronger. I would tend to think that any process to do so would remove most oils.

Last edited:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hope you got the idea. Please share your experience and tips with me.

I get the idea and Welcome! I do a few extractions.

My best tip is to send you over to ECF where they have a big sub forum called...
Liquid Extraction From Tobacco.

They do much more than just tobacco and there's some fine information there.

Ron
---
"Let's just say I was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. That's all it was curiosity. "-Jim Morrison

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
With basic extractions, there's lots of nasties (carcinogens, toxins, etc) that you can and will extract with the tasty part. For example, many items contain nitrosamines. In low amounts they're okay. Once you start concentrating them it's a bad thing (nitrosamines are carcinogenic). Unless you're doing fractional distillation, I wouldn't suggest it. But, to each their own.

Sent from my LG-V10 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors