Not LE.
04390fdb3e80059f5b46a55dcba67a78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a G2, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wish I saw this, just ordered mine yesterday. Thankfully only have 70 for mine for a limited.

I would have rocked a blue at that price!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
anyone have working discount codes for the regular one? trying to get a black! .... not really feeling the blue ..... yes, i'm boring. :cool:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nope I love it, but Its still in its packaging for when I somehow break my Red version :D
There should be a discount code on the right ofd the screen on the homed page for 5% off

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got mine back from VaporCube, those guys are awesome! Battery door snug as a bug! Now time to get down to learning this thing! @raymo2u it looks like they updated it for me as it is on current firmware. I saw you mention not to lock resistance on tc, is this for all coil/wire types? Any other input or suggestions for the fine tuning/vaping of this beast greatly appreciated as I am only using it in wattage mode till I get a better understanding of dialing it in. :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Got mine back from VaporCube, those guys are awesome! Battery door snug as a bug! Now time to get down to learning this thing! @raymo2u it looks like they updated it for me as it is on current firmware. I saw you mention not to lock resistance on tc, is this for all coil/wire types? Any other input or suggestions for the fine tuning/vaping of this beast greatly appreciated as I am only using it in wattage mode till I get a better understanding of dialing it in. :)
For Kanthal, Ni and XXX I believe, Ill take a look, I normally dont use the other wires...Try some Claptons or Fused Claptons and follow my tut a few posts up to get the TC dialed in, if not just take the time and enjoy it in DWM.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
yeah I was wondering about it because in the manual it says they don't recommend locking resistance...I just want to make sure as I have always understood that to be an integral part of tc, locking in the resistance of coil at room temp. I am going to go back over your posts tomorrow when I get off work and have time to tinker and get her dialed in...in the meantime I am happily vaping myself to sleep with my v8 at 95w...some people count sheep, I count clouds! lol :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
yeah I was wondering about it because in the manual it says they don't recommend locking resistance...I just want to make sure as I have always understood that to be an integral part of tc, locking in the resistance of coil at room temp. I am going to go back over your posts tomorrow when I get off work and have time to tinker and get her dialed in...in the meantime I am happily vaping myself to sleep with my v8 at 95w...some people count sheep, I count clouds! lol :)
It locks the temp on attachment or turn on, locking it manually locks the resistance at highest resistance on load, this is why they say dont

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure why people are having a hard time with kanthal tc. I did it while driving down the highway. I love it. Keeps a good temp on the vape! Finally able to get those long smooth pulls with kanthal builds like I do with my ss builds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks @raymo2u ! I really appreciate all your help with this. Just got the defiant tank with its .5 ceramic coil, wondering if I can get it to work with temp control, trying to find what type of wire tungsten or otherwise it uses.IMG_20160222_180206.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Tungsten is worse then eating lead if inhaled fumes of...I wouldnt advise it unless you want the mind of a child in a weeks time. Try SS, Kanthal, N80 and Mixes of these...I dont care to explore much past those...

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I see, wow I didn't know that. I thought some of the ceramic coils were using tungsten inside of them, hadn't heard about the negatives, but good to know! As an aside, I am less than thrilled with the ceramic coil that came with the defiant, I think I have swallowed more juice than anything, it seems to flood seriously bad leading to a mouthful of liquid! Good thing the tried and true .2ohm cov vengeance coils are compatible!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I see, wow I didn't know that. I thought some of the ceramic coils were using tungsten inside of them, hadn't heard about the negatives, but good to know! As an aside, I am less than thrilled with the ceramic coil that came with the defiant, I think I have swallowed more juice than anything, it seems to flood seriously bad leading to a mouthful of liquid! Good thing the tried and true .2ohm cov vengeance coils are compatible!
Yes thats the reason I sent a email and posted in the comments to GrimmGreen and other reviewers about the Altus and other tungsten core coils. If that ceramic or coating cracks or fractures from heating or dryburning then that will end up being a newsfest. This is why they say not to dryburn the Altus CVU but how else can it be cleaned off? It gets coated in black shit in 2 weeks and rinsing is isnt going to help a bit, it HAS to be dryburned to be completely cleaned...which voids their warranty also..
Tungsten is a great metal, just not for inhalation...
Grimm actually commented about what I wrote him in a vlog or 2 ago

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Threw in a nichrom build... 2x26n80 wrapped in 40K. Dual fused claptons at 5 wraps each in my Griffen. Change the G2 from TC for kanthal to TC for nichrome. Works just fine. I did notice that if you FSK curve is less than 50%, it thinks there is no juice and won't fire. Put it at 50% and boom goes the dynamite. For the nichrome build I did have to drop the wattage from 110w down to 70w and running at 440F. It is all good. Nice smooth long pulls from the build with no temp run off or funk taste from cotton burn.

I am able to look past the sharp squared box now that I can TC every build I throw at it. Not just have to build SS builds for everything I want to TC. Thank you HohmTech! How about a different housing though?! Something along the line of my Lavabox but obviously big enough to house the dual 18650's. Make something like that available and I would be on it like fat kid on cake!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I did notice that if you FSK curve is less than 50%, it thinks there is no juice and won't fire. Put it at 50% and boom goes the dynamite. For the nichrome build I did have to drop the wattage from 110w down to 70w and running at 440F. It is all good. Nice smooth long pulls from the build with no temp run off or funk taste from cotton burn.

I am able to look past the sharp squared box now that I can TC every build I throw at it. Not just have to build SS builds for everything I want to TC. Thank you HohmTech! How about a different housing though?! Something along the line of my Lavabox but obviously big enough to house the dual 18650's. Make something like that available and I would be on it like fat kid on cake!

FSK Temp Curve is the last value you want to adjust to dial in your settings. It should be set with Semi Dry Cotton and Room Temp. Work your way up to where it will fire if juice is applied but one step lower it wont with the Temp set at 410°F.
If you switch Tanks or to a New Build it may need to be altered, but this is how you should set it up for perfect temp control. If you just throw it on with the preset settings it wont be super accurate but it will work...

If you agree with my suggestions for the Inlay then please click the link and post your thoughts...

Last edited:

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FSK Temp Curve is the last value you want to adjust to dial in your settings. It should be set with Semi Dry Cotton and Room Temp. Work your way up to where it will fire if juice is applied but one step lower it wont with the Temp set at 410°F.
If you switch Tanks or to a New Build it may need to be altered, but this is how you should set it up for perfect temp control. If you just throw it on with the preset settings it wont be super accurate but it will work...

If you agree with my suggestions for the Inlay then please click the link and post your thoughts...

That is what I did, I set my temp and wattage and then adjusted the FSK until it would fire. I did however change the wattage and didn't readjust the FSK. The vape got a lot better once I dropped the wattage. When I go outside here in a bit I will mess with seeing if I can dial down the FSK with the lower wattage. Thanks for the heads up on that!

Dealing with end user issues this morning... joy...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That is what I did, I set my temp and wattage and then adjusted the FSK until it would fire. I did however change the wattage and didn't readjust the FSK. The vape got a lot better once I dropped the wattage. When I go outside here in a bit I will mess with seeing if I can dial down the FSK with the lower wattage. Thanks for the heads up on that!

Dealing with end user issues this morning... joy...
He followed the same thing I wrote and posted a video, its on the Hohm Tech page now also

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He followed the same thing I wrote and posted a video, its on the Hohm Tech page now also

I just went for a walk to get away from the desk and messed with the FSK. Not sure if it is because of it being Nichrome, but if I try to drop the FSK below 50%, no go. As soon as I hit 50%, vapes like a dream!

With kanthal, I set mine to 17% like you had with it sitting at 100w and my vape was great.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just went for a walk to get away from the desk and messed with the FSK. Not sure if it is because of it being Nichrome, but if I try to drop the FSK below 50%, no go. As soon as I hit 50%, vapes like a dream!

With kanthal, I set mine to 17% like you had with it sitting at 100w and my vape was great.
Yea I've notice Kanthal likes being in the 16%-18% with 100-125w, I dont have much N80 in the lower gauges so I havent played with it that much...I have some SS 316L and was going to test out the SS TC next. I may also try Twisting some Kanthal, N80, and SS and play with XXX Mode to see how that works out...Ill post my results as I go.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to throw my Crown tank on tonight and see how the SS coil in it does compared to my DNA mod. Took me forever to get the DNA to work correctly with the SS coils in that tank. If I can just pop it onto the G2 and then make the menu changes... then Boo-ya. That would be another win for the G2.

Does the relationship between FSK and watt teeter totter? As in when the wattage goes up, the FSK goes down and vice versa? Just wanting to wrap my head around it and get my logic set in my head.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I want to throw my Crown tank on tonight and see how the SS coil in it does compared to my DNA mod. Took me forever to get the DNA to work correctly with the SS coils in that tank. If I can just pop it onto the G2 and then make the menu changes... then Boo-ya. That would be another win for the G2.

Does the relationship between FSK and watt teeter totter? As in when the wattage goes up, the FSK goes down and vice versa? Just wanting to wrap my head around it and get my logic set in my head.
I dont know as I havent dived into the tempcalc files yet, if I get some time I may try to dabble in them to get a better grasp on how it works...if I can even understand any of it :cool:

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont know as I havent dived into the tempcalc files yet, if I get some time I may try to dabble in them to get a better grasp on how it works...if I can even understand any of it :cool:
Bestow me with thy wisdom after you have gotten a chance to dig in!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The crown SS coils have Nickel legs so you have to guesstimate a TCR value for them.

Cheers,
Steve
Really?! Must be why I had to manually change the TSR curve on my dna mod to get it working correctly. Lots of sitting with it plugged into the laptop and taking hits until I fine tuned it. Super nice now but took forever to get it just right.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really?! Must be why I had to manually change the TSR curve on my dna mod to get it working correctly. Lots of sitting with it plugged into the laptop and taking hits until I fine tuned it. Super nice now but took forever to get it just right.

Here's a link to a thread where it's discussed.

Cheers,
Steve

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a link to a thread where it's discussed.

Cheers,
Steve
A lot of info there. I have tc working just fine on my lavabox. Took a lot of time to dial it in but I got it. I will see tomorrow how the g2 does it. They got it on the video, so it should work. Hah

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ran the Crown in SS TC mode on the G2 on my way into work. I ended up changing it back to watts mode about 30 mins into my drive. It would vape no problem, buuuut... there was no heat to the vape. No real flavor either. I would get vapor but nothing worth anything. I had it set at 100w and went from 400F to 500F. Never really made much of a difference. Major bummer there! Back on VW mode, I ended up having to drop it down to 65-70w or else the vape would get hot fast! On my lavabox I run the same tank at 85w. Not sure what the difference would as to why I drop the wattage down on the G2. Whatever! No skin off my back!

I will throw one of my RDA's that has an SS build on it when I get home tonight and see how that compares in vape.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I ran the Crown in SS TC mode on the G2 on my way into work. I ended up changing it back to watts mode about 30 mins into my drive. It would vape no problem, buuuut... there was no heat to the vape. No real flavor either. I would get vapor but nothing worth anything. I had it set at 100w and went from 400F to 500F. Never really made much of a difference. Major bummer there! Back on VW mode, I ended up having to drop it down to 65-70w or else the vape would get hot fast! On my lavabox I run the same tank at 85w. Not sure what the difference would as to why I drop the wattage down on the G2. Whatever! No skin off my back!

I will throw one of my RDA's that has an SS build on it when I get home tonight and see how that compares in vape.
Yes the SS Ive noticed is wonky. I made a build for my RDA last night in SS and its vaped great, did dry burn test and it worked very well. I did a SS build in my VCMT 25mm just to have it and it performs much differently.
If you use Digital Watts mode and take one puff and then go back to SS mode it works and perofrms much better...remember the resistance was locked in when the tank was first attached/device turned on so the resistance hasnt changed. The Temp values seem to change when using thewm though, before going to DWM I could bring it all the way up to 151W/700°F and it would barely give a wisp. After using DWM and going back at 151W/430°F Im getting a warm vape that is stable and when it goes dry it sizzles out. This is what I would refer to as being wonky but its supposed to cover all SS TC in one option...so it may be like that for whatever reason.

Build on the RDA for SS TC mentioned (3 x 26g 316L/40N80 Fused Clapton):
20160223_164345.jpg

Similar to the build in the VCMT Mentioned (24g Square 316L):
20160222_132734.jpg

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes the SS Ive noticed is wonky. I made a build for my RDA last night in SS and its vaped great, did dry burn test and it worked very well. I did a SS build in my VCMT 25mm just to have it and it performs much differently.
If you use Digital Watts mode and take one puff and then go back to SS mode it works and perofrms much better...remember the resistance was locked in when the tank was first attached/device turned on so the resistance hasnt changed. The Temp values seem to change when using thewm though, before going to DWM I could bring it all the way up to 151W/700°F and it would barely give a wisp. After using DWM and going back at 151W/430°F Im getting a warm vape that is stable and when it goes dry it sizzles out. This is what I would refer to as being wonky but its supposed to cover all SS TC in one option...so it may be like that for whatever reason.

View attachment 41925

View attachment 41926

I think the SS build I have at the house right now is a FC made with 2x28 430SS wrapped in 40K D. I have it pulled apart so that I could rewick it but haven't done so. I will wick it tonight and see what I get.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's where I got mine and the only place I've found that have the LE in all colors at first I was pissed I deleted the white one instead of the blue one but when it came I'm glad I got it so @raymo2u their pics def don't do the colors justice and I'm really pumped because it matches my dotmod pretty dead on and my laisimo in red matches my other dotmod. I have to say I'm glad the better moods are coming in more that SS white or black I just ordered to 2 touch screen mods in rose gold but one is pretty much pink that was the smy 100w and the sigeili 150w

Sent from the iPad in the basement of vapement

View attachment 41925

View attachment 41926

Hello new here to this forum. Trying out this G2 for a little while to see how I'll like it compared to the DNA200's. Wondering if you ever got around this strange experience figured out of having to switch back and forth between DWM and TC? I'm noticing both of mine is doing the same thing except my experience is with kanthal. Place atomizer on at room temp, set watts to 100, set temp to 420 tried FSK percentage from 10% all the way to 100% won't get much heat out of the coil until the 100% mark and it just wisps. Change modes as you did back and fourth and then vapes hot it actually vapes much hotter than the DNA200 did at 420 degrees. This is going on with both of my g2's and getting frustrating tried it with 2 different tanks using different coils, and different RDA builds on different RDA's and they all produce the same strange results to setting. May have to go back to DNA as it seems to be more consistent and less troublesome at least for me. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated before tossing these boxes...

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I sent some suggestions to Hohm Tech about the mod inlays and their update software. Hopefully they consider the advice and go along with the software tip atleast.
The Bronzed Red Limited Edition Box I bought is more orange then red and when buying it I thopught it was as dark as it was on my screen, like blook or brick red. Its just slightly more red then the orange box and I told them they should mention this or made the anozidizing a deeper red, this was my only gripe with the box I bought.

I suggested instead of the gender signs that do not make one bit of sense and seem pointless, make them the Sigma, Omega, and Pi Symbols. at least they are part of the math and are relative to the device and vape scene. I think they would look much cooler on the mod myself...
The Software changes I sent with notes, but they also need to include the drivers for the device in all the folders instead of just in the Win 10 section. This would be great for users that need to view the hidden files to copy or move them into the folder(s) they need them in just for the device to be recognized by their computers. It would make it a true plug and play operation for all Windows PC variants...Some people wont have the know how to view these folders and files that are hidden and if they are on the first few updates they wont be able to use Kanthal TC very well and wont have the options available on the newer updates.

My Settings:

I am using a FSK Temp Curve of 17%, 100w, and 550°F on a .1 Build and its vaping just like any other Temp Control Wire but it taste and feels much moire like a Kanthal build does. Its simply beautiful.

Quick Tut on how to set it up for Kanthal/Nichrome TC:
Make sure when you place your RDA/RTA/Tank on it its room temp or it will lock whatever the resistance in as that, the resistance lock that you can use sets a lock on the highest resistance under load....DO NOT USE THE RESISTANCE LOCK!

Set your settings the way you would on any other TC Device the way you like it (Temp/Wattage) and then go into the FSK Temp Curve Option, this is how to calibrate your RDA/RTA/Tank to your settings you want. You raise or lower the percentage to where you think it feels correct, this is easier if you have another TC Device or have used one enough to know what should feel right.

If anyone needs help or has questions on the Hohm Wrecker G2 feel free to leave a reply below...
Hi Ray, was going to start playing around with tc on the wrecker today :) What is the coil material on the griffin build?

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just letting y'all know, I've finally took the plunge and ordered one .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You will enjoy this mod. XXX mode for TC is awesome. Works on every build I have thrown at it! Make sure when you get it, update to the newest firmware.

F

fckaugust8th

@raymo2u did they make the colors more like they look in the pictures? Should I wait for G3? I know @VaporCarp sold his not long ago, not quite sure why, but I keep looking at the red G2....it is calling me:confused:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo2u did they make the colors more like they look in the pictures? Should I wait for G3? I know @VaporCarp sold his not long ago, not quite sure why, but I keep looking at the red G2....it is calling me:confused:
VaporCarp buys everything and sells it a few weeks after...lol Griffin, VCMT, Axis Mod and so forth..

Im not sure if they did anything differently they never contacted me after I had many people agree with me like they had asked me to do...so I doubt it. Ive noticed almost every company I have tried giving suggestions to, edited software for easier use and less bugs or have sent in designs without asking anything in return either dont take me seriously or dont care enough to listen or learn...

F

fckaugust8th

Ive noticed almost every company I have tried giving suggestions to, edited software for easier use and less bugs or have sent in designs without asking anything in return either dont take me seriously or dont care enough to listen or learn.
That is a rather stupid way of dealing with customer suggestions, they should at least have the decency of answering your concerns. It would seem that most manufacturers are taking the Apple approach to new products, never mind what you need, use what we give you! I am trying to decide between the G2 and the Whiteout DNA 200, but for now the RX200 will suffice. I guess I'll wait for @VaporCarp to get tired of his other mods:D. BTW, I got the Griffin from VaporCarp and I can not say enough about this guy. If he didn't say he used it, I would've sworn it was brand new.

VU Sponsors