Become a Patron!

Hohm Slice

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not surprising there both sold out, both of them had the best pricing going by far and the closer we get to the FDA bullshit the faster things are going to sell out IMO. I know I have never bought so much in such a short time span and know a lot of others here have done the same thing. The G2 has been getting a lot of positive things said about it for good reason and I am sure a lot of people on the fence took the plunge with the $75 pricing from both these places.

With only a couple of months left to go before the FDA fucks us all I bet a lot of popular products are going to be harder and harder to get.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not surprising there both sold out, both of them had the best pricing going by far and the closer we get to the FDA bullshit the faster things are going to sell out IMO. I know I have never bought so much in such a short time span and know a lot of others here have done the same thing. The G2 has been getting a lot of positive things said about it for good reason and I am sure a lot of people on the fence took the plunge with the $75 pricing from both these places.

With only a couple of months left to go before the FDA fucks us all I bet a lot of popular products are going to be harder and harder to get.
I was on black markets website yesterday and they had almost 5 of every color but black. No way they sold out in one day. And if they did sell out it would be listed on there website as out of stock, same with ecig... but it's not there. It's just gone

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I've been hoarding for 2 months now. Spent more money in the last 2 months than I have all year. In the last 2 months I've bought 6 mods, 300 factory coils, 14 Rta's, 600 ft of SS wire, 3 bags of cottton, and about 10,000mls of juice.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Black market is also in California and just Thursday a new law was passed requiring purchasers be 21 and if shipped requiring a signature, I am sure there were other bullshit provisions in there as well. They may be in the process of taking items off there website to comply with the law.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My understanding of the Regs are the device has to be on the market by 8-8-16 (iirc) but then can still be sold for 2 years after that date as long as it was already out. Am I wrong in that interpretation?

I will agree I've seen some strange things lately though. Products being discontinued that are seemingly still popular, unbelievable sales, etc. I'm still trying to figure out the end game here.

Cheers,
Steve

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My understanding of the Regs are the device has to be on the market by 8-8-16 (iirc) but then can still be sold for 2 years after that date as long as it was already out. Am I wrong in that interpretation?

I will agree I've seen some strange things lately though. Products being discontinued that are seemingly still popular, unbelievable sales, etc. I'm still trying to figure out the end game here.

Cheers,
Steve

I'm confused as well. I was sure there would be a lot of fear mongering coming out of the industry and sky high prices; like what happened with guns after Obama was elected. It seems to be going in the opposite direction...

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So apparently one of the guys on here spoke with blackmvrket.la on the phone and they are having an issue with the website. They do still have some in Stock. They have red orange and silver both in standard and let. You'll just have to call to place an order. As for ecig, I'm not sure what's up with them

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are in California? Does that have something to do with it?
It could be, not only is the G2 missing from there website but all the other mods they had listed before. I think it more odd that only 1 device is listed than the G2 missing, there was a lot of other devices listed before.

If someone really wants a G2 from the black market website why not just contact and find out what is going on.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mjag I posted just before yoy with the info on blackmvrket.la. I just chatted with a rep from ecig and they said they are removing items that they no longer want to sell. Not sure why the g2 falls in that category but it does :( also they no l9nger have the limitless.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Cheers,
Steve

That's sort of my understanding as well, this gives them time to complete the process of getting there applications in to get them approved if they so choose.

What is already rearing its ugly face though at least here in California is State and Local laws that may be passed. We not only have to worry about the FDA but also what our State might do in passing laws.

It is really a cluster fuck and I am hoping there are enough vendors shipping to California for the 4th of July weekend sales. I already know of a few vendors who have stopped shipping to CA but I think I have bought enough to keep me in a VG cloud for a long, long time, still would like a little more though.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone comment on the 2A charging?

I finally tried charging the battery in the mod using my 2a charger for my Galaxy Pro 12.2. I just wanted to make sure it worked and how fast it was but my normal mode of charging will be via my efest Blu6. I saw the battery read 49% so I figured now would be a good time to try it. When I plugged it in the battery % jumped to 67% though, I know it is not that fast. Anyway, from 67% it charged to 100% in about 30 minutes, not bad at all.

Now that I think about it I should have taken a measurement on the voltage of the battery prior to charging then measure again after charging. I doubt I will do it again though, just doesn't interest me enough and I don't plan on charging that way anyway unless I need some extra juice while in the car.

I should note that I got some of the Hohm 26650 batteries and they seem to perform as well if not better than the Basen 26650. There the same size as well which is perfect for my VF Stout which likes the shorter varieties.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I finally tried charging the battery in the mod using my 2a charger for my Galaxy Pro 12.2. I just wanted to make sure it worked and how fast it was but my normal mode of charging will be via my efest Blu6. I saw the battery read 49% so I figured now would be a good time to try it. When I plugged it in the battery % jumped to 67% though, I know it is not that fast. Anyway, from 67% it charged to 100% in about 30 minutes, not bad at all.

Now that I think about it I should have taken a measurement on the voltage of the battery prior to charging then measure again after charging. I doubt I will do it again though, just doesn't interest me enough and I don't plan on charging that way anyway unless I need some extra juice while in the car.

I should note that I got some of the Hohm 26650 batteries and they seem to perform as well if not better than the Basen 26650. There the same size as well which is perfect for my VF Stout which likes the shorter varieties.
So just out of curiosity. How does it compare to the Stout?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So just out of curiosity. How does it compare to the Stout?

Funny you should ask. I had a short day on the road today so I popped the Conqueror on the Stout as I knew I wouldn't run out of juice on these short stops. On the way to my first stop after taking a few puffs my first thought was damn, I should have brought the Slice with me. Really that's the first time I regretted using the Stout and when I got home I put the Conqueror on the Slice and a much better vape.

I had the Stout in power mode (kanthal claptons in the Conqueror) and I kept putting the power up, was vaping at 55 watts just to get a good vape. The Slice I had it in XXX mode at 450 degrees and 45 watts and the vape was better and not as hot. I have the FSK at 2% which is usually a little lower than I have it on the G2.

I have to say that after 2 days using the Slice I really want another one as I either grab it or the G2 but for me the Slice is more convenient and will be used more when on the road. It is also a lot more comfortable to hold than the G2, I am really liking it a lot.

I would break down the door at Hohm Tech if they ever came out with a SS Slice and demand they give it to me NOW. I love the look of my SS Stout but the performance is trumped with the Slice and then some.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Almost forgot, the screen on the Slice is soooooo much better than the Stout which is a bitch to see in the sun.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Funny you should ask. I had a short day on the road today so I popped the Conqueror on the Stout as I knew I wouldn't run out of juice on these short stops. On the way to my first stop after taking a few puffs my first thought was damn, I should have brought the Slice with me. Really that's the first time I regretted using the Stout and when I got home I put the Conqueror on the Slice and a much better vape.

I had the Stout in power mode (kanthal claptons in the Conqueror) and I kept putting the power up, was vaping at 55 watts just to get a good vape. The Slice I had it in XXX mode at 450 degrees and 45 watts and the vape was better and not as hot. I have the FSK at 2% which is usually a little lower than I have it on the G2.

I have to say that after 2 days using the Slice I really want another one as I either grab it or the G2 but for me the Slice is more convenient and will be used more when on the road. It is also a lot more comfortable to hold than the G2, I am really liking it a lot.

I would break down the door at Hohm Tech if they ever came out with a SS Slice and demand they give it to me NOW. I love the look of my SS Stout but the performance is trumped with the Slice and then some.
Thanks for that. I've been on the fence now with the Stout for months. I have a Classic and I love it. Hopefully in another day or 2 I'll have both Slices and then I can make an informed decision about the Stout.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you love the Classic then you will probably love the Stout. I have had the Stout since they first came out and have used it everyday and it has never been anything but reliable. What can I say, I am hooked on FSK though.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you love the Classic then you will probably love the Stout. I have had the Stout since they first came out and have used it everyday and it has never been anything but reliable. What can I say, I am hooked on FSK though.
True, I just was gun shy with the whole 26650 thing. Truth is the Slice is my first 26650 mod.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get yourself a SS Stout, i have a friend with the black one and he would trade me in a heartbeat.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Get yourself a SS Stout, i have a friend with the black one and he would trade me in a heartbeat.

Yeah it's definitely on my list but only the SS one. I so wish they made the Classic in SS.

F

fckaugust8th

@Deucesjack , I just got the Presa 100w and it is....underwhelming! The screen is very dim, if you're outside and want to change something fogettaboutit! I used it for about 10 min. and the wonky battery cover with a slight wobble got to me. I contacted vapenw and long story I'm holdin' the bag on this one. I put it back in the box and it is relegated to the "use if I really need to" box. If the Slice is panning put, I'm getting another one and then wait for the VF 133 reviews. I still love the G2, I'll know more about the DNA 200 whenever I get the dotbox mod, it should be soon now....I hope.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All right now, USPS says my red and black slice are out for delivery. Pics to follow.

Ohwatafool

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I received my silver Hohm Slice LE this past Friday, so I'm into my 5th day with it. The first thing I did was connect my Merlin with a 316L clapton build installed and start dicking around in xXx mode. I got it to a comfortable vape that I believe is 450 degrees and puffed away, FSK at about 13.5%.

First off, the thing in a couple hundreths off in the resistance compared to my USAOhm meter. (0.41 instead of 0.43) which I'm not too concerned about. It seems to be more accurate when I build lower...it was spot on with my iJoy Limitless tank at 0.26.

After about 10 minutes of vaping I found that I could feel the thing pulsing, like my OG eVic VT would do. It also started to give me a weaker vape, so I dicked around a little more and moved the FSK to 14.5%. This process has gone on since then. I get a flavorful warm vape, and then it dies off. It varies from an hour or so, to half the day, but at some point I have to go dicking with it again. I've made sure that the watts are sufficient (set to 60) and that the RTA is wicking efficiently. The Merlin is actually too efficient at wicking, can't seem to get it to stop bubbling even when I set it down. I'm chalking that up to some type of user error that i will have to get sorted out. I have tried the SS316L temp control in both auto and manual and it just sucks.

I did try to use the same coil in power mode, however just like in my DNA it reads the resistance change in real time so it just climbs higher and higher as I vape. Bummer!

I have Basen blacks installed that I received a full month before the mod in anticipation of its release. I had no idea what to expect for battery life, so I purchased 4 Basens and have 2 of them out in rotation. So far I haven't had to change batteries during the day. I get down to about 30-35% battery life by the evening. I am totally digging the up time I get with this mod! The only battery issue I have is that the damn percentage jumps around so much that I have no idea how accurate it actually is. I put a new battery in and it reads at 100%. Take a puff and it reads 94%. Let the screen go to sleep, wake it up, and I'm at 98%. Not sure how to take that...

The size is great! It fits in my hands just fine. At first I was not a fan of the concave fire button, however it has grown on me. I am not a fan of the weight of the mod. I should have known that big battery makes big weight.

All and all I do like the Slice a great deal. I have found nothing to make me think that I completely wasted my money and I don't want to send it back, which in my book is a win. I did cancel my order for the Blue one, I just don't see the need of having two of them around as I'm not completely overwhelmed with it. It will get a lot of use when I know that I will be out for a while and need the convenience of swapping batteries. I will keep it as my number 1 mod for another week or more so that I can figure out all of the settings and fine tunage if you will.

If any of you fine (and even the not so fine) people have any tips and tricks for me, they will be received with much gratitude!

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't see the slice on cloudy vapors website... hmmm wonder what's up with that. Use to be able to type in slice at the top search and it would pop up. Now it doesn't

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't see the slice on cloudy vapors website... hmmm wonder what's up with that. Use to be able to type in slice at the top search and it would pop up. Now it doesn't
Just checked. That is kind of weird.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Red and Black Slice are in the house.

7eebfced8ded20d57339749c67b432d7.jpg
3d8b70926abc45339ca958e2253285b3.jpg
7541e363aaad105040510f92e7d8a4c6.jpg

Looks good with the Merlin

637bb14cc661d25f762648a22eb79ec3.jpg

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nope they don't stick at all but like everyone else the battery door is slightly loose. It's also reading 2 100% charged MXJO'S at 93% in both mods so I think the battery meter is off but that might change after a few cycles.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope they don't stick at all but like everyone else the battery door is slightly loose. It's also reading 2 100% charged MXJO'S at 93% in both mods so I think the battery meter is off but that might change after a few cycles.

If you have a DMM, what voltage are the batteries at?

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Digital Multi-meter or volt meter I was just wondering if they are charging to 4.2v or less. Just trying to figure out why you were seeing 93% charged. It's no big deal bro. Hope you are enjoying your new mods by the way!

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here it is with the Boreas. I'm absolutely loving the red. Black is already back in the box after checking it out.

8086e7e4ddedb0a00638e9d08a232f01.jpg

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Digital Multi-meter or volt meter I was just wondering if they are charging to 4.2v or less. Just trying to figure out why you were seeing 93% charged. It's no big deal buddy.

Cheers,
Steve
Next time I charge them I'll check the readings on my 6 bay charger. Just thought it was weird that both mods read identical batteries like that. I remember my G2 did that with a set of new batteries for like the first 2 cycles it read 97% on a brand new set. Now it reads 100% everytime. Funny thing is I never charge my batteries internally but i wanted to check out the 3 amp charging. i plugged the mod in and the battery jumped from 68% to 88% and now after about 15 minutes its reading 95%. So the battery meter seems kind of wacky so far.

Last edited:

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I broke my rule and ordered a hohm slice. It slipped already. I just got the black one. I got the basin batteries from liion.

VaporJag

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Spoke to Hohm tech and unfortunately this seems to be the fix for the loose, creeky battery door,just a thin layer of tape to fill the void between the lower left magnet casing and the body,worked for me.still shouldn't have to do it though.oh well..

Attachments

• 2016_06_IMG_20160612_162152470.jpg
    2016_06_IMG_20160612_162152470.jpg
    603.2 KB · Views: 49

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dammmmmmmmit @Deucesjack , that red looks SICK!

I just called my buddy and told him that I hate his guts for getting the red and it might get lost in the mail when cloudy vapor finally ships it.

F

fckaugust8th

@VaporJag, thanks for the idea, it should work on the Presa 100w too. Now that I finally got a shipping notice on my Slices, should I order a regular Slice since the others are LE?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking of ordering a second slice as well @Brewbear but the regular $10 cheaper version rather than the LE. Not sure right now though, thinking about the Triad DNA200 instead once there is a deal for the red leather, ecig.com said they should have stock again in about a week or 2.

Decisions, decisions......

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as the battery meter it jumps around on me as well. I know the G2 measures in real time so I am guessing that is the case with this as well. Been using the Slice all day off and on and my battery is only down to 70%, nice.

VU Sponsors