Become a Patron!

High power settings: Do you use them often?

So I've seen a lot of mods lately that can push 200 (pulsing of course), but I'm curious if the owners of these devices use these settings often.

All replys appreciated, thanks! :)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
db516c3339c306c7b0996cca14360ef8.jpg
Although my mods do go up to 200w I don't vape that high.. Very seldom do I go above 80w, but its nice to have that extra power should I ever need it...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Although my mods do go up to 200w I don't vape that high.. Very seldom do I go above 80w, but its nice to have that extra power should I ever need it...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Gotta have it, seldom use it, nice to have incase.

In case there is a dangerous situation and you need to escape behind a fog of flavorful clouds, maybe? Lol

EDIT: Jokingly, of course.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My ADV is my Griffin and TFV4 with my own builds and I run them normally around 110w, sometimes I like it around the 140w mark but it depends on if I just woke up or its been sometime using the setups.
Griffin Build.jpg Mini Me.jpg

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I did own a snowwolf, I didn't hit even 150w a lot of the time. I generally stay at around 100w. I have gotten some very comfortable and satisfying 150w vapes, though. I've gone above that with good results. So it can be done! Would I run that all of the time? Not even. I just don't see a need to go higher for the builds I like the most.

200w seems like a lot right now because people aren't used to being able to consider it, but this has happened with the power ceiling many times before. I remember when people said that nobody would ever vape at 100w.

When the first generation of true high-wattage mods dropped, people were quick to assert that it was dangerous and exorbitant. But now, it sees widespread acceptance as a way to get the vape you're after. While a 100w vape isn't exactly a necessity, it was proven to be a safe and viable way to get an ADV that was unique to that power level.

Over time, coils, intake, and chambers got bigger in order to accommodate all of that power - users found a way to put it to good use. Clearly, it did something for them that their low-power MTL and early LH setups were not. High-powered boxes essentially marked the dawn of a new vaping style and a whole new class of atties/devices swept the market.

I suppose that after a certain point, it's a lot like having a car with a speedometer that goes up to 200mph. Might be fun to take it up to that just to do it, but most of the time, you won't be able to drive nearly that fast. That's going to depend on where you do most of your driving, though.

And that's not to say it wouldn't also be fun to own a supercar on principle alone...

...who knows? I bet some people will be able to find a real use for a 200w device. With the right build in say, a 28mm RDA, I don't think 200w is too much to ask for (though 200w pulse is lame - that's not true 200w... ...it's actually sort of dishonest.) For something with that much space, I know I'd want more than the 150w I can easily pump into the most wide-open 22m RDA's out there now. It's not really an absurd amount of power for the mass of the coils you'd have to build to accommodate a fatty like that.

I think that it all just comes down to the simple fact that if a person can do something, then they probably will. Put a 200w box on the market, and people will find a way to vape comfortably at 200w.

Or maybe it'll stay as it is now, with most people owning 200w mods for the battery life and peace of mind that comes with having more headroom than they could possibly need. 200w mods are still pretty new to the game, so its hard to say.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I did own a snowwolf, I didn't hit even 150w a lot of the time. I generally stay at around 100w. I have gotten some very comfortable and satisfying 150w vapes, though. I've gone above that with good results. So it can be done! Would I run that all of the time? Not even. I just don't see a need to go higher for the builds I like the most.

200w seems like a lot right now because people aren't used to being able to consider it, but this has happened with the power ceiling many times before. I remember when people said that nobody would ever vape at 100w.

When the first generation of true high-wattage mods dropped, people were quick to assert that it was dangerous and exorbitant. But now, it sees widespread acceptance as a way to get the vape you're after. While a 100w vape isn't exactly a necessity, it was proven to be a safe and viable way to get an ADV that was unique to that power level.

Over time, coils, intake, and chambers got bigger in order to accommodate all of that power - users found a way to put it to good use. Clearly, it did something for them that their low-power MTL and early LH setups were not. High-powered boxes essentially marked the dawn of a new vaping style and a whole new class of atties/devices swept the market.

I suppose that after a certain point, it's a lot like having a car with a speedometer that goes up to 200mph. Might be fun to take it up to that just to do it, but most of the time, you won't be able to drive nearly that fast. That's going to depend on where you do most of your driving, though.

And that's not to say it wouldn't also be fun to own a supercar on principle alone...

...who knows? I bet some people will be able to find a real use for a 200w device. With the right build in say, a 28mm RDA, I don't think 200w is too much to ask for (though 200w pulse is lame - that's not true 200w... ...it's actually sort of dishonest.) For something with that much space, I know I'd want more than the 150w I can easily pump into the most wide-open 22m RDA's out there now. It's not really an absurd amount of power for the mass of the coils you'd have to build to accommodate a fatty like that.

I think that it all just comes down to the simple fact that if a person can do something, then they probably will. Put a 200w box on the market, and people will find a way to vape comfortably at 200w.

Or maybe it'll stay as it is now, with most people owning 200w mods for the battery life and peace of mind that comes with having more headroom than they could possibly need. 200w mods are still pretty new to the game, so its hard to say.
Wow. Very, very well said. Kinda makes me want to go and wrap some coils big enough to accommodate higher wattages and let my mods (and batteries) stretch their legs.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@raymo2u - are those posts drilled out, or is the stock (Velocity, I assume) big enough to take those? Killer coils boss, that's some complex stuff.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo2u - are those posts drilled out, or is the stock (Velocity, I assume) big enough to take those? Killer coils boss, that's some complex stuff.
They are the stock holes but I have to wiggle them in when installing the leads...It can be tight. Thanks for the compliment.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Koopor 200w but rarely go over 80w.
e0e23fd82914926ff4d441ee27c916f8.jpg

But then I also have an istick 50w and rarely go over 32w
fff5da8065288ddd795f98eafb1b0134.jpg

So ....meh.

Always be who you are.

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rarely, but yes, sometimes, especially when I use TFV4 or Hatrick tank.
57c3da1238b0999f22cc9229a8ec705e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anybody seen Matthew Vandewiele on youtube? He has made a few different videos claiming to be vaping as far as a kilowatt.
Then there's this guy....

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anybody seen Matthew Vandewiele on youtube? He has made a few different videos claiming to be vaping as far as a kilowatt.
Then there's this guy....
Lol, good ol' Phil. Must be one of his shortest clip.
Please give me the link so I can share.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrDakhil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I've seen a lot of mods lately that can push 200 (pulsing of course), but I'm curious if the owners of these devices use these settings often.

All replys appreciated, thanks! :)
Well I have tried a lot of Vaping styles in the past year , high settings like 60-200 watts on lower nicotine like 3mg, a lot of clouds.
Temperature control works awesome for avoiding dry heads on high settings as well but I quickly lost the hype for more as I became a lot more mature vaper I find myself now enjoying this
12mg nicotine on a 1.4 - 1.8 ohm single kanthal coil at 14-16.5 watts maximum
Very enjoyable vape for me, great flavor, thick respectable clouds that are not so crazy and tremendous battery life on any mod, safe as well, as batteries will not explode on you with this type of setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well I have tried a lot of Vaping styles in the past year , high settings like 60-200 watts on lower nicotine like 3mg, a lot of clouds.
Temperature control works awesome for avoiding dry heads on high settings as well but I quickly lost the hype for more as I became a lot more mature vaper I find myself now enjoying this
12mg nicotine on a 1.4 - 1.8 ohm single kanthal coil at 14-16.5 watts maximum
Very enjoyable vape for me, great flavor, thick respectable clouds that are not so crazy and tremendous battery life on any mod, safe as well, as batteries will not explode on you with this type of setup

Im glad you found something that works for you and you enjoy it, that doesnt make you any more mature then people who enjoy lower warmer vapes that use more power...I am simply not satisfied with seeing a ghostly exhale and I like the feeling of my lungs being filled with vapor, the warm tasty inhale of good juice and the accomplishment of creating coils similar to jewelry and getting them functional and wicked properly. To some people its more then just a habit and its more of a hobby then anything, yet it got us off smokes and has done so very well.
The way people vape are different and the same setup isnt going to please everyone, thinking that a setup is ridiculous is just a personal preference and you shouldn't demean others for using them, its good that the lower wattage/higher nic works for you but if I cant feel the warmth and feel the cloud density thick enough to chew on then I dont feel satisfied...

Last edited:
Im glad you found something that works for you and you enjoy it, that doesnt make you any more mature then people who enjoy lower warmer vapes that use more power...I am simply not satisfied with seeing a ghostly exhale and I like the feeling of my lungs being filled with vapor, the warm tasty inhale of good juice and the accomplishment of creating coils similar to jewelry and getting them functional and wicked properly. To some people its more then just a habit and its more of a hobby then anything, yet it got us off smokes and has done so very well.
The way people vape are different and the same setup isnt going to please everyone, thinking that a setup is ridiculous is just a personal preference and you shouldn't demean others for using them, its good that the lower wattage/higher nic works for you but if I cant feel the warmth and feel the cloud density thick enough to chew on then I dont feel satisfied...

Demean is a strong word... maybe he was referring to maturity since his preference changed after time? We're all friends here after all!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Demean is a strong word... maybe he was referring to maturity since his preference changed after time? We're all friends here after all!
I would agree, he did use the word Matured with "he grew up from the hype and clouds/high wattages". The first time I read through it sounded like a stab at anyone still doing it but after rereading his comment I can see what you mean.

MrDakhil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I did not mention anything about others or demean anyone else ! I am taking about myself only when I say a much more mature vapor I mean that I have spent more than a year and tried different styles and not a beginner anymore

MrDakhil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I was a beginner I used to long for more and wonder what it's gonna be on that setting or on higher setting "hype" but as I got more experienced (again me and not referring to others who might still like high wattages even with more experience than mine) , I found that I enjoy higher nicotine levels with lower wattages more than low Nic and high watts

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I did not mention anything about others or demean anyone else ! I am taking about myself only when I say a much more mature vapor I mean that I have spent more than a year and tried different styles and not a beginner anymore

Dont worry man its just how I read it when it was first posted, at the time others posted something similar with the intent of making it seem like lower resistance builds are just childish, so dont take offense to anything I wrote. Just pass that part of the comment ;)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
12mg nicotine .... at 14-16.5 watts maximum

About how I vape, pefect for what I am looking for to keep me off the smokes

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
12mg nicotine .... at 14-16.5 watts maximum

About how I vape, pefect for what I am looking for to keep me off the smokes
Try some LG HB2's/HB6's, you wont need to worry about exploding batteries...even when using a Tube with builds around .09 Ohms...Just a heads up.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just quoting another's way they vape, as comparable to what I do, I use safe batteries, on many types of mods, I do not however use any mechs:)

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a sigelei 150.

But usually only vape at 75-90 watts. I take deep lung hits that are often 3-5 seconds long and often chain vape, so much higher hen 90 results in me vaping too fast for the cotton to wick and getting dry hits.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was just quoting another's way they vape, as comparable to what I do, I use safe batteries, on many types of mods, I do not however use any mechs:)
I get it, I use a Balrog 70w/Goblin Mini or Snow Wolf 75w/Diablo 2.5ml here and there for when Im at Family Events and such and its just strong enough to where Im happy but I couldnt see using it every day, different strokes for different folks...
But the battery tip may help someone that is overly worried about something like that, I know a few people that are pretty terrified of these types of batteries in general.

VU Sponsors