HIC's SNICKERDOODLES

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Snickerdoodles recipe NOTE: TFA Brown Sugar Extra contains diketones

1% FA Catalan Cream (OR 1% Vienna Cream and a little extra Cinnamon)
0.5% FA Cookie
0.5% FA Meringue
0.5% FA Vanilla Bourbon (can use Vanilla Classic, but Vanilla Bourbon is lots better here)
0.5% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
0.5% FA Caramel
0.5% - 1% FA Cinnamon Ceylon

Shake 'n vape, or let it sit a day or two for bolder cinnamon flavor.

Many variations are possible. For example, use your favorite apple flavoring instead of Caramel to make cinnamon-apple-doodles.

A bit of Snickerdoodles mixed with your favorite RY4 is tasty "dessert tobacco" vape.

Note: You can double all the percents here (2% Catalan Cream, 1% of each other ingredient).
As written, it's sweet and light. Doubled tastes richer.)

Last edited:

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My wife loves snickerdoodles...if this is close I will be her hero! Lol!

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC's Snickerdoodles recipe (with no 'custard note' ingredients)

1% FA Catalan Cream (OR 1% Vienna Cream and a little extra Cinnamon)
0.5% FA Cookie
0.5% FA Meringue
0.5% FA Vanilla Bourbon (can use Vanilla Classic, but Vanilla Bourbon is lots better here)
0.5% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
0.5% FA Caramel
0.5% - 1% FA Cinnamon Ceylon

Shake 'n vape, or let it sit a day or two for bolder cinnamon flavor.

Many variations are possible. For example, use your favorite apple flavoring instead of Caramel to make cinnamon-apple-doodles.

A bit of Snickerdoodles mixed with your favorite RY4 is tasty "dessert tobacco" vape.

I was inspired to make this when I realized all the Snickerdoodles recipes I could find used flavorings with diacetyl or substitute chemicals. This recipe has none of those.
Curious @HeadInClouds can I use TFA regular brown sugar? If so, how much more should I use? While your at it, I've seen TFA Coconut Extra in recipies as well but I only have TFA regular coconut. Can that be subbed out too?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@Sully , I'd say regular Brown Sugar would sub right in here - no need to change the percent. I never use it as a major ingredient, so that'd work in any recipe of mine.

Coconut Extra in any recipe of mine at 1% or higher, you might to need a little extra.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A very smooth and very delicious bakery flavor! Thanks HIC!

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds really good. Going to mix this later in the week but I'll have to sub TFA Caramel.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Sounds really good. Going to mix this later in the week but I'll have to sub TFA Caramel.

The TFA should sub just fine in here. I wouldn't even raise the percentage, unless you want a super-sweet cookie flavor

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
bullcity.com should have them
or ecigexpress.com (their 'Signature' flavors are TFA flavors)

I don't know of other places that would have both FA and TFA.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
i was on wizardlabs but it looks like they have a select few but have about 5-6 diffrent flavor lines

Wizard Labs does not sell FA (FlavourArt).
purevapes.com and eliquidmart.com are two FA sellers that offer small bottles, but they don't sell TFA (The Flavor/Perfumers Apprentice).

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
ordered all the flavors. hope this is good. thanks for the help and thank you for all the reviews and recipies

I added a note to my recipe to say it's okay to double the percents on this one.

I've been vaping spicy and strong flavors today, and I wanted to make sure I still like this recipe, so I just mixed a batch with 2% Catalan, 1% of each other flavor. Yep, I'm still happy with it, and I'm glad I doubled it to 8% total flavoring this time.

I hope you like it and your new flavors!

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I added a note to my recipe to say it's okay to double the percents on this one.

I've been vaping spicy and strong flavors today, and I wanted to make sure I still like this recipe, so I just mixed a batch with 2% Catalan, 1% of each other flavor. Yep, I'm still happy with it, and I'm glad I doubled it to 8% total flavoring this time.

I hope you like it and your new flavors!
Nice! I was looking for something different from the fruits I've been mixing. Mixed this one up at double. Yum! One question tho, between this doubled and Double Rainbow, are your ears ringing today? ;)

(I actually have the same problem with PG)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Nice! I was looking for something different from the fruits I've been mixing. Mixed this one up at double. Yum! One question tho, between this doubled and Double Rainbow, are your ears ringing today? ;)

(I actually have the same problem with PG)

I've been vaping a lot of flavoring lately, so yep, it's squealing loudly since last night.
I have a tank of unflavored handy. I should be vaping that one more!

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You could always mix one up with NF alcohol based flavors if you have any of those handy.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the one my adopted 23 year olds are going gaga over! And it is good! But as these kids vape it and I sit looking at their faces as they stretch and lean back in their chairs literally proclaiming their love to this, well um, WOW! They told me they are keeping me forever! This is the one, HIC! And if you guys like this HIC has an awesome Dulce Dr Leche Churros at HICs mixes for enjoyment.

Shaner

Member For 4 Years
@HeadInClouds I'm slowly making it through all you recipes that you have here on VU and was planning on trying this one next but I got a quick question .... Do you feel that the new Meringue still works in this recipe or should I substitute Marshmallow, or another flavor, for it?

In your notes ya say that the new Meringue adds distinct dark caramel-like flavor, so if ya still recommend using it in this mix would you lower the percentage of Caramel?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds I'm slowly making it through all you recipes that you have here on VU and was planning on trying this one next but I got a quick question .... Do you feel that the new Meringue still works in this recipe or should I substitute Marshmallow, or another flavor, for it?

In your notes ya say that the new Meringue adds distinct dark caramel-like flavor, so if ya still recommend using it in this mix would you lower the percentage of Caramel?

Because there's at least as much cinnamon (in the form of Cinn Ceylon plus the spice in Catalan Cream) as Meringue, it will still taste right in this recipe. It is a "darker baked" cookie now. If you have a major aversion to Meringue the best sub in this recipe would be Joy. Either way, no adjustment to Caramel or other flavors is needed.

Since Meringue changed, I've retested my older recipes that use it, updating as needed. I only recently finished, so now all my VU and store recipes with Meringue will give intended results with the currently-sold Meringue. (There are definitely outdated versions floating around the web; I didn't post them and can't update them.)

Shaner

Member For 4 Years
Since Meringue changed, I've retested my older recipes that use it, updating as needed. I only recently finished, so now all my VU and store recipes with Meringue will give intended results with the currently-sold Meringue.
Excellent ... Good to know!

I think I may try this recipe with some Joy. I pretty much have all of FA flavors, except for the tobaccos, but for some reason Joy was one of the last flavors I purchased. I used it for the first time in Daintanee's Joyfully Cinnful in Fuji recipe this weekend and loved it.

Thanks for all you do!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bookmarked until all the planets line up perfectly and FA Caramel is in stock the same time I'm ordering.:confused:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good stuff HIC!

I was only missing 1 ingredient, FA Cinnamon Ceylon. I used 0.5% Cap Cinnamon danish V2 instead, will order the FA flavor when my next order rolls around.

Thanks for all the great recipes HIC

domyz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The new meringue at 0.5% does take all the place IMO. The recipe tasted like eggs. I did it with marshmallow and it's quite right. Not my favorite though.

Plonq

Member For 4 Years
HIC I'm hoping you can help me with something. Both this recipe and What The Fuji (and a couple of commercial juices which I believe use FA flavourings) give me a nauseous feeling, and I can't tell what flavour is causing it. I thought it was Caramel, but I vaped it single at 3% and it was fine. I tried Honey since I hadn't used that before (at .25%) and that was fine too. Could it be the caramel reacting to other ingredients? I'm hoping your experience and wisdom might shed some light on it.

And in regards to the above comment regarding meringue, I'm pretty sure that's not it as your lemon meringue pie was great :)

By the way this is saying nothing bad about these recipes - I can tell they are good, it's just this sickly feeling I get over the top.

P.S. vaping on some rabbit cereal right now and loving it!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC I'm hoping you can help me with something. Both this recipe and What The Fuji (and a couple of commercial juices which I believe use FA flavourings) give me a nauseous feeling, and I can't tell what flavour is causing it. I thought it was Caramel, but I vaped it single at 3% and it was fine. I tried Honey since I hadn't used that before (at .25%) and that was fine too. Could it be the caramel reacting to other ingredients?

I dunno; I haven't heard that before. Do you have some other brand's caramel to use in place of FA to help figure it out?

Plonq

Member For 4 Years
I dunno; I haven't heard that before. Do you have some other brand's caramel to use in place of FA to help figure it out?

Unfortunately I do not have another caramel to try, although I did try snickerdoodles with apple instead of caramel and got the same feeling. Oh well, I'm sure I'll figure it out at some point. Thanks for the reply anyway.

Plonq

Member For 4 Years
Well then I'm totally stumped!

Ok so now I think it's the meringue.I vaped straight meringue (2%) and it's got the same distinct feeling/taste.

Not sure why the lemon meringue pie was fine though. Maybe my bottle got contaminated (come to think of it, LMP was one of my first recipes which might have been before I got my scale, so this is very possible).

Any good substitutes to use before getting a new bottle?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Ok so now I think it's the meringue.I vaped straight meringue (2%) and it's got the same distinct feeling/taste.

Not sure why the lemon meringue pie was fine though. Maybe my bottle got contaminated (come to think of it, LMP was one of my first recipes which might have been before I got my scale, so this is very possible).

Any good substitutes to use before getting a new bottle?

Maybe you're one (of the small group) that tastes current batches of FA Meringue like I do, with a weird background that's not always appealing. If so, maybe the subs that work for me will work for you. Try with Marshmallow and/or Joy. What works as a sub in one recipe doesn't necessarily please me in another, so it may take some experimenting. That weird background is perfect in a meringue pie flavor, I agree. Also works in my Limoncello Torrone Parfait, because of Torrone, and in deep caramel/butterscotch/coffee type recipes. In this one and others with spices, enough cinnamon hides that background for me (I need that 1% in this recipe). FYI, I have about 8 bottles of Meringue from various sources, all part of my search for the older pre-mid-2014 flavor; I taste this in all of them.

Jayvon633

Member For 4 Years
do you think tfa cinnamon sugar cookie 2% tfa cinnamon danish .5% would work as a sub for the cylon? i dont care for that cinnamon very much.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
do you think tfa cinnamon sugar cookie 2% tfa cinnamon danish .5% would work as a sub for the cylon? i dont care for that cinnamon very much.

I think TFA Cinnamon Spice would be closer, at the same percent. Have you ever tried a mix of TFA Cinn Red Hot with FA Cinn Ceylon? It's a good compromise to get bakery spice flavor with sweetness, if that's what you're after.

Jayvon633

Member For 4 Years
aight cool ya thats what im after il give it a try i think iv got a bottle of that deep in the box lol. i just really like the cinnamon sugar cookie but havent used it in many things yet

Plonq

Member For 4 Years
Maybe you're one (of the small group) that tastes current batches of FA Meringue like I do, with a weird background that's not always appealing. If so, maybe the subs that work for me will work for you. Try with Marshmallow and/or Joy. What works as a sub in one recipe doesn't necessarily please me in another, so it may take some experimenting. That weird background is perfect in a meringue pie flavor, I agree. Also works in my Limoncello Torrone Parfait, because of Torrone, and in deep caramel/butterscotch/coffee type recipes. In this one and others with spices, enough cinnamon hides that background for me (I need that 1% in this recipe). FYI, I have about 8 bottles of Meringue from various sources, all part of my search for the older pre-mid-2014 flavor; I taste this in all of them.

I think you're right. Your lemon torrone parfait is really good too, so I guess some things do hide it completely. In fact making torrone parfait and meringue pie again would be a good test. I want to be sure it's not the bottle, but it might even be a combination of both.

Plonq

Member For 4 Years

More experimenting. Made Lemon Meringue Pie again - it's fine (read: delicious), but I can sense that weird background note is there. However I think Cookie is partly, to blame for the weird feeling I get. One of your other recipes that has cookie but not meringue (not sure if you want me to give it away, it's a paid one) also gives me the feeling. I ignored cookie in the beginning because What the Fuji doesn't have it (unfortunately I threw WTF away so can't retaste). However smelling cookie from the bottle definitely gives me that sickly feeling. I suppose it's possible I accidentally put cookie in What the Fuji.

So I then vaped a cookie+meringue concoction and BAM that's exactly it. I then tried them on their own again and individually they aren't as bad, it's the combination that seems to really do it. It's very interesting that lemon meringue pie is fine for me though, as that has both.
Does cookie have a similar problem to meringue for you? Maybe they share a chemical that we are both sensitive to?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Does cookie have a similar problem to meringue for you? Maybe they share a chemical that we are both sensitive to?

Nope, not me. I use Cookie happily in many recipes (I don't like it plain, though).
Have you vaped your current nic base without flavoring, just to be sure it's fine?

Plonq

Member For 4 Years
Nope, not me. I use Cookie happily in many recipes (I don't like it plain, though).
Have you vaped your current nic base without flavoring, just to be sure it's fine?

Sudden discovery! I added lemon sicily to my cookie+meringue mix - the feeling is almost completely gone! No wonder LMP is fine, and a lemon cookie recipe I made was fine too. But thinking back, a commercial cinnamon cookie gave me the same feeling. Still more experimenting to do, but this is a big step. My brain is weird.

Plonq

Member For 4 Years

I'm sure you're sick of me, but just in case you're interested - I bought new meringue and cookie, and they don't smell like my existing bottles, leading me to believe my existing ones have been contaminated. Unfortunately this means I'm not one of the chosen ones that gets caramel from meringue :(

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Digging up another one! Every time I get a hankering for something you made it! No meringue, but I think I'll sub .5% zeppola (I'm assuming it's there for the sweet). I'll keep you posted.

-Kingboomer

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Digging up another one! Every time I get a hankering for something you made it! No meringue, but I think I'll sub .5% zeppola (I'm assuming it's there for the sweet). I'll keep you posted.

This is a really old recipe made when TFA said Brown Sugar Extra had no "custard note" ingredients; I just added a note up there that it's not diketone-free. And YES to including Zeppola, which didn't exist at the time.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks man. I'm not so much worried about the baddies, just using what I have available. LOL I know it's a zombie thread, it's still a great looking recipe tho :D

-Kingboomer

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just got home and mixed this up subbing the meringue with zeppola. This is WONDERFUL!!! Tastes just like the ones my mom makes.

-Kingboomer

VU Sponsors