Become a Patron!

HIC's recipes

I know taste is subjective but every recipe I have made from HIC has either been way too flavorless or just plain taste horrid. I know I will get trashed for saying this but I see his recipes all over the internet and do not understand why. I have had no luck with any of recipes. Anyone else agree.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not trashing you man. You're right. Taste IS subjective. Not all of HIC's recipes are everybody's "cup of tea". But if you can't find at least 1 that isn't "flavorless or horrid"..I'm gonna say that maybe you don't know how to follow a recipe. I have not one..but 4 HIC recipes in my daily rotation and they are all right up my alley profile wise. These recipes didn't become popular for no reason. Maybe instead of assuming that you are the master mixer and HIC's recipes are bad, you should have phrased the question "Hey guys, I don't know what I'm doing! Can somebody please help me?" LOL

MistyMe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know taste is subjective but every recipe I have made from HIC has either been way too flavorless or just plain taste horrid. I know I will get trashed for saying this but I see his recipes all over the internet and do not understand why. I have had no luck with any of recipes. Anyone else agree.

HIC's recipes can be adjusted for more flavor, but I have NEVER mixed one that tasted "horrid". I suggest that you take a good look at your ingredients and mixing methods.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL..much more polite than my response Misty. But I have a feeling this guy is trolling. He's a new member today and came directly here to start this thread. Either he's one of those Reddit trolls or just some new DIYer with no clue what he's doing. You don't come to HIC's "house"....to all of the people he's helped the most and imply that his recipes are crap. I would suggest that nobody else even reply to this. He isn't looking for "help". Don't give him what he wants. Me and my HIC's Smooth Tiramisu Cream are OUT :)

rainidaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any replies will be much more polite than the op! There are a lot of popular liquids some people don't like. It simply means they don't like them. There's no need to be rude and start a thread about it, especially recipes where the user has complete control and errors happen. Wowzers...

"I know I'm gonna get trashed for trashing, but..." Lol

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Who pissed in this guys juice?

"War,war never changes

Only The Means of Destruction"

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He started the thread to see how worked up we would get because he came here knowing that we all use HIC's recipes and that we would get all worked up defending him. Meanwhile, this guy is probably mixing up a batch of a bunch of HIC's recipes to go sell at the flea market this weekend..lol Don't feed the trolls.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
He started the thread to see how worked up we would get because he came here knowing that we all use HIC's recipes and that we would get all worked up defending him. Meanwhile, this guy is probably mixing up a batch of a bunch of HIC's recipes to go sell at the flea market this weekend..lol Don't feed the trolls.
Oh well just wasting his time.we all know what's going on here lmfao

"War,war never changes

cjcaddy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Unlike everyone else on this thread I did not find the OP's tone or intent to be rude. I too have found several of HICs recipes to be horrid but only because of the flavours. I love lemon on my food but any of his recipes with Lemon Sicily I found to be quite unvapable and there were a few others that I don't remember off the top of my head. to balance this comment out there also are a couple I loved such as the tiramisu and his reviews of flavours are outstanding and have led to some ADVs for me. But if the OP has only tried recipes with flavours that he loves to eat but hates to vape then his opinion is honest and therefore makes his comment valid. And I'm fairly certain HIC can fight his own battles should be choose to.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlike everyone else on this thread I did not find the OP's tone or intent to be rude. I too have found several of HICs recipes to be horrid but only because of the flavours. I love lemon on my food but any of his recipes with Lemon Sicily I found to be quite unvapable and there were a few others that I don't remember off the top of my head. to balance this comment out there also are a couple I loved such as the tiramisu and his reviews of flavours are outstanding and have led to some ADVs for me. But if the OP has only tried recipes with flavours that he loves to eat but hates to vape then his opinion is honest and therefore makes his comment valid. And I'm fairly certain HIC can fight his own battles should be choose to.
Well maybe you and op should go skipping down the yellow brick road holding hands and singing skip'to ma'lo........ha

"War,war never changes

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, I forgot this is a US forum. Where I live people are still entitled to their opinions.

You wanna troll too cjcaddy? That's cool. I wasn't flaming the guy for his opinion...I was expressing MY opinion on his presentation. I still question why you would post something like this on your VERY FIRST day on VU....like he came here for that particular purpose. As I pointed out, he didn't ask for help or what he could be doing wrong...he just said that his opinion was that HIC's stuff sucks. If that's your opinion too, then maybe you too should start a private convo if you don't want feedback. See it's fine for everyone to have their own opinions here in 'Murica....but I'm still "free" to respond :)

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well I guess people can't take a joke anymore

"War,war never changes

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You wanna troll too cjcaddy? That's cool. I wasn't flaming the guy for his opinion...I was expressing MY opinion on his presentation. I still question why you would post something like this on your VERY FIRST day on VU....like he came here for that particular purpose. As I pointed out, he didn't ask for help or what he could be doing wrong...he just said that his opinion was that HIC's stuff sucks. If that's your opinion too, then maybe you too should start a private convo if you don't want feedback. See it's fine for everyone to have their own opinions here in 'Murica....but I'm still "free" to respond :)
OOOOOHHHH GET'UM BOY what's a lil ball busting guys?

"War,war never changes

mink

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have had no luck with any of recipes. Anyone else agree.

@biggin1212 If you were for real and wanted help with recipes, you could have asked. People here are only too happy to help. But it seems you're just trying to be a nuisance.

Silly troll!! Looks like you have your answer anyway.
Nobody else agrees with you and neither do I!!

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree it's questionable to start off on such a negative note but considering the amount of adulation HIC's work has received here and elsewhere one might be forgiven for thinking that he or she was beyond having their feelings hurt by some clumsy newb.

It is possible the OP stated the issue awkwardly out of ignorance and as someone new to forums, and maybe someone who just quit smoking and can hardly taste anything except super-flavored juices--in which case, s/he might be too embarrassed to say anything else now.

At any rate, as HIC clearly knows, there is no need to be defensive about HIC's recipes. There are no "battles" to be fought over their worth because it's obvious to anyone with even a little experience mixing--regardless of personal tastes.

Having said all that and rereading the OP, it does strike me as a probable troll. But if it wasn't meant only to start excitement and if OP has a real question, I hope s/he will ask it now. There are plenty of people who will be glad to help.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the OP is indeed for real and not a troll, it is important to note that @HeadInClouds recipes must be followed as they are written. Permissible flavor substitutions are usually noted. Don't try to mix one of his FlavourArt recipes with another brand of flavoring, you will not get the intended result. I made the mistake of substituting one flavor of a different brand in a recipe, as I had none of what was listed, and the entire mix was ruined. That was not the recipe creator's fault, it was mine. He lists flavor percentages for a reason, unless noted they are to be used as written. If steeping is needed, he will tell you. If not, he will tell you. If you are using inferior fluids, such as PG, VG, and nicotine, your mixes will not turn out as they were intended. And, as is repeated in this forum throughout, taste is subjective. Some flavors I just don't like, so using them to the letter won't make me like the final mix, even though the majority may love it. We all have taste aversions of some sort.
If none of the above apply to the OP's situation, there are plenty of other recipes in this forum and on other websites that may be more to his liking.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, so for no other reason than curiosity, I decided to look back on this thread. Look at the guy's profile...he joined yesterday...made this one post and has done nothing else since. Just as I said......Trolley McTrollerson...case closed :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL..much more polite than my response Misty. But I have a feeling this guy is trolling. He's a new member today and came directly here to start this thread. Either he's one of those Reddit trolls or just some new DIYer with no clue what he's doing. You don't come to HIC's "house"....to all of the people he's helped the most and imply that his recipes are crap. I would suggest that nobody else even reply to this. He isn't looking for "help". Don't give him what he wants. Me and my HIC's Smooth Tiramisu Cream are OUT :)
Yep maybe, and Thats when I always remind people that if they suspect a troller to use the ignore feature:):)

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow SharkVape...over react much? LOL Is the OP your Dad or something?? Just as the OP can say what he wants...I have that right as well and it seems to me there are a whole lot of people that have liked my posts so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there's more agreement with me...than you. Am I seeking popularity? I could give 2 shits what you or any other keyboard tough guy thinks about me. I talk with many of the good and generous people that frequent these threads and I've never had trouble with anyone. I called a troll a troll. Sorry if that makes you butt hurt. Something tells me you would NEVER call me the things that you called me in your response to my face. But hey...I never claimed to be a keyboard tough guy. I only settle your kind of bullshit in the real world. :) Tell your poor dad I'm sorry I called him out. Hope it didn't ruin his weekend...LOL

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't trip soulshine...
To show ya' there's no hard feelings, I'ma send ya' #IC's new recipe called Painful Rectal Itch. o_O
It's okay... I got it off the internet.
932644196bd85be259d5f0f5889e5aaa.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1435450431271.jpg

"War,war never changes

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't like writing stuff like that..but as you said...IT'S THE INTERNET. Stop taking stuff so seriously. I don't know the OP anymore than I know you..or 99.99999% of the people on this board. It might not have looked "suspicious" to you..but it did to me and apparently tons of other people. That wasn't "popularity"..it was simply agreement. You don't agree..that's cool.

I don't know HIC personally..and I'm sure he's more than capable of fighting his own battles. Personally, I would think HIC probably could care less about this thread. He doesn't need anymore "validation" at this point.
But quite frankly if the OP is going to basically start a thread that might as well have been titled "HIC SUCKS....DISCUSS...." then he damn sure deserves what he's gonna get. I've got an opinion like everybody else and a bit of a smartass streak that that makes me always happy to explain why "yours is wrong" if you don't happen to agree with me on something I feel strongly about..LOL, Guilty as charged.

Is everybody going to like everything? Absolutely not. But there's a reason why on just about EVERY noob thread about "what are the best flavors to buy?"..."what are some good recipes to try"....it's Flavour Art and it's pick anything that sounds good to you by HIC. Not just from me...from MOST people on these threads. So you come to "HIC's house" and post that kind of thread...it's going to happen. If the OP was so interested, maybe he should have done a little searching, recipe comparing and oh...I don't know..maybe message the man himself. HIC has ALWAYS been accessible in times I've had questions. In case my reasoning for my conclusion wasn't clear up until now, that is what my opinion was based on. Hope there are no further questions :)

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't like writing stuff like that..but as you said...IT'S THE INTERNET. Stop taking stuff so seriously. I don't know the OP anymore than I know you..or 99.99999% of the people on this board. It might not have looked "suspicious" to you..but it did to me and apparently tons of other people. That wasn't "popularity"..it was simply agreement. You don't agree..that's cool.

I don't know HIC personally..and I'm sure he's more than capable of fighting his own battles. Personally, I would think HIC probably could care less about this thread. He doesn't need anymore "validation" at this point.
But quite frankly if the OP is going to basically start a thread that might as well have been titled "HIC SUCKS....DISCUSS...." then he damn sure deserves what he's gonna get. I've got an opinion like everybody else and a bit of a smartass streak that that makes me always happy to explain why "yours is wrong" if you don't happen to agree with me on something I feel strongly about..LOL, Guilty as charged.

Is everybody going to like everything? Absolutely not. But there's a reason why on just about EVERY noob thread about "what are the best flavors to buy?"..."what are some good recipes to try"....it's Flavour Art and it's pick anything that sounds good to you by HIC. Not just from me...from MOST people on these threads. So you come to "HIC's house" and post that kind of thread...it's going to happen. If the OP was so interested, maybe he should have done a little searching, recipe comparing and oh...I don't know..maybe message the man himself. HIC has ALWAYS been accessible in times I've had questions. In case my reasoning for my conclusion wasn't clear up until now, that is what my opinion was based on. Hope there are no further questions :)
uploadfromtaptalk1435450965582.jpg
a1357b773a8c8eae50e2a302d854e399.jpg

"War,war never changes

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LMAO..sorry for making you read so much Rod. I will be more mindful in the future. In fact...I'm done for tonight. Gotta give my hands a rest after that book I just wrote..LOL Hope you will forgive me :)
Yea man were good just having a little fun

"War,war never changes

VU Sponsors