Become a Patron!

HIC's POT o' GOLD (Whiskey Caramel Pudding)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's POT o' GOLD recipe: This will warm you on a cold day! A strong shot of Irish whiskey in sweet, smooth, very caramel pudding, with a sprinkle of dark cocoa for contrast

1.5% Whiskey
1.5% Caramel
1% Cocoa (or 1.5% to make it a main flavor)
0.75% Vienna Cream
0.75% Butterscotch
0.75% Custard

If you vape this fresh, the Whiskey is strong and raw. I like it like that, but most people will prefer to let this age 2-3 days for smooth pudding.

Either way, the pudding flavor is smooth, rich, sweet caramel. FA Whiskey cuts through the sweetness (I do not recommend using TFA's Kentucky Bourbon here for just that reason). Cocoa balances the butterscotch flavor so well, it just needs to be in there - but you decide if you want just a sprinkle of cocoa (1%) or a swirl throughout (1.5%).

Last edited:

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dangit!! I did not ordered whiskey in my last batch!!! Is there anything you could even think of switching here? I guess the only booze I have is FA rum or TFA bourbon....

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Dangit!! I did not ordered whiskey in my last batch!!! Is there anything you could even think of switching here? I guess the only booze I have is FA rum or TFA bourbon....

No - they're both too sweet for this. It would be better to wait for a future order than to try either of those - sorry!

EWS111

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC's POT o' GOLD recipe: This will warm you on a cold day! A strong shot of Irish whiskey in sweet, smooth, very caramel pudding, with a sprinkle of dark cocoa for contrast

1.5% Whiskey
1.5% Caramel
1% Cocoa (or 1.5% to make it a main flavor)
0.75% Vienna Cream
0.75% Butterscotch
0.75% Custard

If you vape this fresh, the Whiskey is strong and raw. I like it like that, but most people will prefer to let this age 2-3 days for smooth pudding.

Either way, the pudding flavor is smooth, rich, sweet caramel. FA Whiskey cuts through the sweetness (I do not recommend using TFA's Kentucky Bourbon here for just that reason). Cocoa balances the butterscotch flavor so well, it just needs to be in there - but you decide if you want just a sprinkle of cocoa (1%) or a swirl throughout (1.5%).

Looks good! Could FA Vanilla Bourbon be used or is it also too sweet?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Looks good! Could FA Vanilla Bourbon be used or is it also too sweet?

FA Vanilla Bourbon is not an alcohol flavor. It's the flavor of Madagascar (aka 'Bourbon') vanilla extract.

EWS111

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FA Vanilla Bourbon is not an alcohol flavor. It's the flavor of Madagascar (aka 'Bourbon') vanilla extract.
Thanks for the heads up! I don't know why FA didn't just name it Madagascar Vanilla would've been more descriptive to us newbies!

TomHanksDied

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks!

I've been looking for something to go with the whiskey I bought.

Any experience with caramel candy (tfa) and MBV (Flavor west) butterscotch?
I have everything else. Maybe I could sub for these maybe not.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks!

I've been looking for something to go with the whiskey I bought.

Any experience with caramel candy (tfa) and MBV (Flavor west) butterscotch?
I have everything else. Maybe I could sub for these maybe not.

FA Whiskey could be interesting with those. I think the contrast of sharp/boozy with all that candy/sweet could be good. Give it a try in a small batch to see if you need to adjust percents any (my guess is no). Definitely shake and vape right away for the best contrast; those candy flavors will likely drown out Whiskey as it ages. Let us know how it goes if you try!

TomHanksDied

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good thinking, thank you. I'll be whipping it up later today. I'll drop back in for an update soon.

Do you know what the differences between FA Chocolate and FA cocoa are?

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Do you know what the differences between FA Chocolate and FA cocoa are?

FA Cocoa is a bold, dark flavor - like a tin of baking cocoa. If you've tried Halo's Belgian Cocoa, that's the flavor.
FA Chocolate is not such a dark flavor. It's more like chocolate liqueur. Some say Hershey's syrup, but it reminds me much more of liqueur.
I do not consider them interchangeable, but they do go well together, and it takes both (plus other stuff) to make great chocolate candy.

P-A

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just the custard missing fir this one, any suggestion to replace it. I have all sorts of Vanilla, and all the creams from FA.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Just the custard missing fir this one, any suggestion to replace it. I have all sorts of Vanilla, and all the creams from FA.

Catalan Cream, same amount!

P-A

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Hic,

Will update on Thursday, after a few juice days rest.

adrian089

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whiskey is not one of the 58 FA flavors I possess. I've been going through my HIC bookmark folder looking for recipes I can make now that I've received my most recent order. Just made the Bourbon Peach Pudding and it is AMAZING! Was kinda bummed to see a lot of the recipes I had bookmarked are now outdated with no links to updated ones. Guess I might have to get a job to start buying some of your recipes from https://gumroad.com/hic. Maybe January-ish.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whiskey is not one of the 58 FA flavors I possess. I've been going through my HIC bookmark folder looking for recipes I can make now that I've received my most recent order. Just made the Bourbon Peach Pudding and it is AMAZING! Was kinda bummed to see a lot of the recipes I had bookmarked are now outdated with no links to updated ones. Guess I might have to get a job to start buying some of your recipes from https://gumroad.com/hic. Maybe January-ish.

The recipes are $3 each!

adrian089

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The recipes are $3 each!

I quit my crummy sammich job to focus on myself and getting back into school and have been living off of my credit card like a responsible adult. There are so many different recipes online that I can wait. Also, I like to do a bit of tinkering myself. Maybe this week I'll come up with a keylime yogurt I'm happy with and post it. The people I've had try it like it, but I'm not happy with it.

The grapefruit-citrus sorbet, peach cider pie, blueberry cider, and ginger beer are tempting me right now though.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whiskey, I thank my luck stars for people like you!!!

That being said, if i bought flavors to try an keep up with all your recipes, id be broken and or buying flavors every other day!!

Keep up the great work, I know I am only one of many that thanks you for putting these up!!!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Whiskey, I thank my luck stars for people like you!!!

That being said, if i bought flavors to try an keep up with all your recipes, id be broken and or buying flavors every other day!!

Keep up the great work, I know I am only one of many that thanks you for putting these up!!!

If whiskey sounds good to you, you might also like: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-black-barrel-whiskey-mac.1976/ . A bottle of flavoring costs less than a pack of smokes. :) lol

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you ever see a recipe that you like, write it down asap!! you want flavor, write it down..
BD45E45E-2972-4244-87D4-5328A046DCB6-5471-000002B85991B95E_zpsjcxastsq.jpg

You always have to go with the notion that bookmarking anything on a n online will always result in a "404not found"

Mac can do a selective screen capture and windows computer will do a screen capture just by pushing the print screen button, open pain, hit PASTE and boom, save file...

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If whiskey sounds good to you, you might also like: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-black-barrel-whiskey-mac.1976/ . A bottle of flavoring costs less than a pack of smokes. :) lol
Thank you for that, right now im more of a fruity flavor kind of person, haven't had enough time with good whiskeys to decide whether I like them or not. I currently have 59 flavors and have an order for wizards labs for another 40 more...my steep box is beyond overflowing and I need to make about 5 more...just because of people like YOU, hahaha. Thanks again

817F02C9-D7B1-4992-8F73-4C9161E9646E-12217-0000045D2592473F_zpskdix1t7z.jpg

Vicious Vaperz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC I can't find FA Whisky . Any substitutes.
Thanks for all you great contributions to this forum
I love your recipes :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Vicious Vaperz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you HIC I'm in Canada so I will do a little more searching for a local supplier.

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Note to self, order whiskey today. Thank you for the share this sounds quite good

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for that, right now im more of a fruity flavor kind of person, haven't had enough time with good whiskeys to decide whether I like them or not. I currently have 59 flavors and have an order for wizards labs for another 40 more...my steep box is beyond overflowing and I need to make about 5 more...just because of people like YOU, hahaha. Thanks again

817F02C9-D7B1-4992-8F73-4C9161E9646E-12217-0000045D2592473F_zpskdix1t7z.jpg
I used to mark the caps just like that. Before you know it, you will have to build a special wall hung shelf. Then a bigger one :)

Snowy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Of all the Flavourart flavorings i've got (including the 40 something i got today). I don't have butterscotch, i'll be darned. :p
@HeadInClouds do you think maple syrup could substitute it, or would it be better just mixing without?

Thanks for your recipies, really got me loving FA again. :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Of all the Flavourart flavorings i've got (including the 40 something i got today). I don't have butterscotch, i'll be darned. :p
@HeadInClouds do you think maple syrup could substitute it, or would it be better just mixing without?

Thanks for your recipies, really got me loving FA again. :)

Ohhh, I personally wouldn't like it with maple. I'd use a different brand's butterscotch first. If maple-cocoa-whiskey sounds appealing to you, never mind my opinion!

Snowy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ohhh, I personally wouldn't like it with maple. I'd use a different brand's butterscotch first. If maple-cocoa-whiskey sounds appealing to you, never mind my opinion!

Given a second thought, i'll just wait till i get the butterscotch. :p

ajd40

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I first read this recipe I thought it would taste weird having whiskey in a pudding. But, I made it anyway and it is awesome! I love it fresh when you get that whiskey hit. It is creamy and delicious!

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is by far one of my favorite recipies. I did touch up the custard just a tad since I was lacking the pudding and its get amazing. Vape in the first week you get the whiskey tast. Wait 1-2 weeks and bam...pudding is there and it becomes a pudding whiskey. Then on the plus side the tast changes slightly beaded on how high or low you have the watt/temp at.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You and me both ... I don't know why I haven't tried this one yet, I love whiskey/bourbon etc!

I think you should try pineapple here rather than cherry however. :p
Someone recently posted a ky bourbon one I want to try too. I'm vaping this now and love it f fresh. Minimum cocoa for me.

Ok, I'm stumped. Haze, man of few words must elaborate. There is no cherry in here and I know you are just plain harassing me on the pineapple bc you can. Idk about cherry whisky...could do a fireball with red hots, bet that would really burn. Cherry brandy is good though.

I can see how this would be good after a few days also nice and smoothed out, but I really like that whiskey kick. TY HIC!

Oh wait, I get it Haze...You meant pineapple kokopelli. YUCK!! :kickbutt:<---What I do with pineapple.

I'm so :zombie:(slow)!

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I liked this as well. I mixed Kokopelli cherry a few days ago and really like it. One other that I finally mixed and love is Hic's vanilla-lime cheesecake. It has a very unique taste. It gives me sugar lips :)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I liked this as well. I mixed Kokopelli cherry a few days ago and really like it. One other that I finally mixed and love is Hic's vanilla-lime cheesecake. It has a very unique taste. It gives me sugar lips :)
That's neat. I have to wait till tm. To try the kokopelli. I'm excited. I like that vanilla lime cheesecake too.

I got the key lime ice cream too. Gonna have a look at both and shoot for key lime pie or key lime ice cream pie!

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's fun when old recipes pop to the top. This is one I'd still make exactly the same.

Oddly, in the extreme, I have everything needed except FA's V. Custard (saw that comin' didn't cha?). I do have TFA's though.

I'll try it regardless of any flavor change, but I'm curious what the TFA percentage would be.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oddly, in the extreme, I have everything needed except FA's V. Custard (saw that comin' didn't cha?). I do have TFA's though.

I'll try it regardless of any flavor change, but I'm curious what the TFA percentage would be.
FA Custard is different. It has a lemony aspect to it. Never tried TFA custard, but Capella and FA are quite different tasting. HIC will have to answer your ? here.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I don't consider any other vendor "custard" flavor interchangeable with FA Custard *at all*.
That doesn't mean it can't please you, but they're just too different to give similar results.

VU Sponsors