Become a Patron!

HIC's Mixes: DIY recipes store

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, Vienna Cream came in today. Whipped up some Banana pudding, Italian lemon Cream Soda, Big Red Soda, Creamsicle, and a non-HICs creamy almond. All very good. Red Cream Soda tastes more like Mt Dew Code Red than Big Red to me. Still delish.

I might boost the flavorings a bit in my next batch. I vape a high powered RDA with alot air. Need more flavor for it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You all better make sure you got the stuff for HIC'S Donut recipe! OMG, I made 60ml, I think I made a mistake, gonna go through that in a week!
Just put it in a tank, and wow!
I did leave out the Joy... I have discovered that I don't care for the flavor at all, for me, it has a strong aftertaste. That said, I have about 3 bottles of Joy, if anyone would like some, send me a message. I will send it for shipping costs only.

Cheers!

The most authentic bakery recipe ever. Could potentially be marketed as a weight-loss product. Still my #1 after 32+ HIC mixes sampled and enjoyed, and one of only 4 recipes on my permanent rotation list.

I do like my OFD with max Joy, though, so I would certainly take you up on that generous offer @GingerVapes if I wasn't already well-stocked. :D

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could try subbing a 10% ethyl maltol solution (or just straight TFA Cotton Candy) for Joy to keep the sweetness intact at least. I definitely detect that element in Joy along with the yeasty, fried dough note.

delabs

Member For 4 Years
HIC, I don't know what made you try that "secret ingredient " for the soda flavors, but that certainly does the trick. Haven't been able to put down the red cream soda...

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been around since the holidays but there's a big/long reason for it. It doesn't belong in this thread though. What is the secret ingredient for the red cream soda? I love soda Vapes.

delabs

Member For 4 Years
Thanks Huck. I didn't know if he listed it or not in the updates since its secret. Lol. I think I have every recipe. I've missed the forum and I've missed mixing.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks Huck. I didn't know if he listed it or not in the updates since its secret. Lol. I think I have every recipe. I've missed the forum and I've missed mixing.
No, I think that poster was referencing the recipe. If you have that recipe, you have the secret ;)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been around since the holidays but there's a big/long reason for it. It doesn't belong in this thread though. What is the secret ingredient for the red cream soda? I love soda Vapes.

I assume the OP means the first ingredient listed in that recipe. It hasn't changed at all since you bought it, so you're not missing anything.

I hope all is well with you and you get mixing time again soon!

delabs

Member For 4 Years
Thanks HIC. I'm fine. Just went through a lot of stuff for a couple months. Then to top it all off all my flavors got trashed.

delabs

Member For 4 Years
I just finished getting all the FA flavors along with my others. Updated all my vape equipment and was ready to clean things out.

GingerVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can handle it in small doses before it tastes like beer.
It is not beer like or sweet at all to me, just an aftertaste of forest floor.... I agree that it certainly does reverberate off of flavors, I love Strawberry anything, and HIC'S recipe for Strawberry Circus has only Strawberry and Joy. I made it true to recipe first time, the Joy intensifies the flavor a lot (I have since made it with Strawberry and a splash of Vanilla Bourbon and Marshmallow) but the aftertaste I really can't stand...

delabs

Member For 4 Years
Has anyone ever had a bug/pest that was like a clear colored blob? It got into everything. It's very difficult to see and also to get rid of. I called the exterminator and the company said they saw what I was talking about but it wasn't bug related. It's weird. In the kitchen I'll hear like a plop in the sink. When I check its just like a small clear mucous thing. If you see them in the Amber colored bottles you see some bright/shiny silvery dots. If anyone else has had something like this please let me know I'm at my wits end.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Has anyone ever had a bug/pest that was like a clear colored blob? ... plop in the sink...

Yurrrk! :confused: Silverfish with a case of gigantism? A haunted water supply? You're not in Flint, are you?

delabs

Member For 4 Years
Too funny. No not flint. The metro area-northern va. I thought about contacting the water co. Do you think it could be something like that? When I fill my dogs water bowl I get a lot of bubbles and the water will sometimes dark.

delabs

Member For 4 Years
If you empty out the water and put some dish soap in the bowl you will see something like a clear gel

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Too funny. No not flint. The metro area-northern va. I thought about contacting the water co. Do you think it could be something like that? When I fill my dogs water bowl I get a lot of bubbles and the water will sometimes dark.

There's no way I'd drink that! Get yourself some bottled water and call the water co. Or a plumber. Or exorcist. YUK!

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi HIC.
I purchased your Toucan Cereal last week. I picked up all of the flavors and mixed it up about 5 days ago. I've shaken it up daily, and let it steep for those whole 5 days before trying it. Today I did, but it doesn't taste anything like cereal to me. There is no cereal flavor to it. In fact, it tastes like Sprite soda. I'm assuming that is the lime. Any thoughts on what could cause this? Does it just need more time to steep? Or could I adjust the recipe somehow?

Thanks
Same thing here, wonder if I did something wrong?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Same thing here, wonder if I did something wrong?
If the notes in the first few paragraphs don't quickly lead to the solution for your setup, PM or email me when you get some mixing time.

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ponied up for a few more HIC's recipes. Color me addicted.
@HeadInClouds looks like most places are out of FA Meringue. Would TFA sub well in your Lemon Meringue Pie recipe?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ponied up for a few more HIC's recipes. Color me addicted.
@HeadInClouds looks like most places are out of FA Meringue. Would TFA sub well in your Lemon Meringue Pie recipe?
He'll answer you soon, but in my experience of subbing the TFA in two different recipes, I'd say no. One was a recipe of his and the other was someone else's - and it was awful. This one might be different.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
looks like most places are out of FA Meringue. Would TFA sub well in your Lemon Meringue Pie recipe?

If you like real meringue pie with a browned top, wait for the FA version.
If you like real meringue pie with the top still white, give the TFA a try there.
I think it's a matter of personal preference. In that particular recipe, I think FA is just right, because I expect it to taste browned.
In fruity recipes as a sweetener (without caramel flavors for company), I personally prefer TFA. A lot!

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea, I'd probably prefer the browned meringue, but BCV and ECE were both out of FA. I grabbed the TFA version as a hold over. I'll grab some FA when I see it back in stock ,hopefully with some nonna :)

cking2

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FYI heartland vapes has the FA showing in stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

cking2

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've never gotten flavorings there. Do you recommend them for good service and shipping?
I personally can't but another member grayscaleliquids replied to me on another thread, snd has used them, and does recommend them. We are both fairly close to them and he gets his orders in one or two days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never gotten flavorings there. Do you recommend them for good service and shipping?
I have ordered from them before and they had great customer service and they ship fast. You can call them and you will be talking directly with the person who takes care of the orders. Good folks there.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember reading posts from another forum member who'd had the opportunity to tour their facilities, and he was very impressed with how clean it was.

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got the NF Ginger in from ejuice4u.

Much to my surprise, they threw in a free 10ml of Japanese plum. I couldn't be happier. Love those thimgs. They used to grow at my wife's house when we were dating like 15 years ago. Can't wait to come up with a plan for em.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ooo, Japanese plum sounds good! Never heard of ejuice4u.

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm pretty stoked. I LOVE the real thing. I hadn't even thought about it, but now I've got to come up with something.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What brand is it? I have 2 plums. Plum is good by itself or even just a simple cookie.

VU Sponsors