Become a Patron!

HIC's Mixes: DIY recipes store

bkind

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I have the toucan recipe which is delicious. But I just got my joy in a bottle in and itching to put it in a mix. What would your thoughts be on adding some into the mix? Yes or no? If so at what percent? I was thinking if so maybe 1-2%. Thoughts from the peanut gallery!

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are Most Welcome from the best recipe store in the world

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
So I have the toucan recipe which is delicious. But I just got my joy in a bottle in and itching to put it in a mix. What would your thoughts be on adding some into the mix? Yes or no? If so at what percent? I was thinking if so maybe 1-2%. Thoughts from the peanut gallery!

In that recipe, think of Joy as a trailing vanilla flavor. You might like it in place of part of the vanilla, same percent. I wouldn't just add it without adjusting something else, but that's me. If you do that, start with 0.5% to see what you think. 2% would be a major change, for sure.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Can someone tell me how Hics recipe site works...I bought one....and am wondering ..are the recipes rotated? Do you only have one chance to get them or they are gone for good? And why is there one recipe with a $0 on it? ...and what is the email at the top for? lol ...Sorry for all the questions. ...but I am new to Hics site...but want to continue to acquire his recipes...ty...

I see Elites answered your post right away (Thank you @Elites !) but if you have more questions, ask away!

The link at the top of the screen in the store is not an email address; it's a website that sells most of the flavorings used in my recipes. It's not the only source, but Mamaj's is known for super-fast shipping and great prices on FlavourArt flavors.

Recipes rotate every 2-3 days, so they do all come back around. What you see there now will remain until Friday; then a new set will be listed.

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would have thought Dulche De Leche Churros would have had Joy in them...
Isn't a Churro a fried doughnut like pasty with cinnamon sugar

bkind

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In that recipe, think of Joy as a trailing vanilla flavor. You might like it in place of part of the vanilla, same percent. I wouldn't just add it without adjusting something else, but that's me. If you do that, start with 0.5% to see what you think. 2% would be a major change, for sure.
Thank you sir! I might just hold of until I finish up the flavor mix I already have then try it out. I do also have the golden graham recipe so I'll start my joy explorations there. Thanks again for your input.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I would have thought Dulche De Leche Churros would have had Joy in them...
Isn't a Churro a fried doughnut like pasty with cinnamon sugar

That recipe predates FA Joy, but it was recently updated to add it as an option.

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$0 is free for try and it's sort of small treat for us ;). :)

HIC is too modest to correct, but it is actually pay what you think it's worth to try out $0 + , I have at least tossed $1 extra for the "Free" recipe.
Whatever it is, it's still better than I could've come up with in a dollars worth of my time...lol

MistyMe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That recipe predates FA Joy, but it was recently updated to add it as an option.

On the subject of updates. Receiving updates to the recipes we buy from you is just pretty darn great. I made my first purchase from your store a few months ago and I've already received several updates. Your recipes are an amazing value, in my humble opinion.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I just made an 80/20 vg/pg mix with 3% FA JOY and it's good but not super sweet and I definitely don't get cotton candy. Maybe a light frosting (like what's on frosted mini wheats) but not that sweet then an odd bakery flavor on the exhale with an almost yeasty taste. I shook the the heck out of it and measured with a syringe so I know my mix is good. I also checked my VG and pg they are fine. No nic in the mix. I bought 30 ML which is not in original FA bottle, could Bull City not have shaken their stock before dispensing or did I just build this up so high it could never meet expectations? Also my wife says it tastes like a deep fried donut that hasn't been frosted or had sugar put on it. What are your guys thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I went to a county fair in June. I ordered a funnel cake. To me, that is joy. Deep fried fair cake. I do not taste cotton candy, however that is the scent Joy gives off imho. I may be in a minority here, but I love it standalone or with some apricot or peach. Off to purchase gooey coconut cookies now.

@HeadInClouds I seen a ways back @Teresa P mentioning an oatmeal cream cookie? Do tell me about that. Ok, time to shop!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me, I did 3% standalone or 2% with fruit...but I can taste things pretty good. Gumroad and I are having a war right now. My internet sucks, but is better than dial up....remember those days? :p It's because I live in the boondocks. :D:cool: I will try in the morning.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me, I did 3% standalone or 2% with fruit...but I can taste things pretty good. Gumroad and I are having a war right now. My internet sucks, but is better than dial up....remember those days? It's because I live in the boondocks. :D:cool: I will try in the morning.
@Daintanee why don't you request @HeadInClouds directly so he can help you with that, as like always. By the way what r u trying g to hunt?

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congratulations! !! Let us know how was that, I haven't tried as I love custard, Fruity and mostly lime type vape but also like coffee and cookies as well

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I went to a county fair in June. I ordered a funnel cake. To me, that is joy. Deep fried fair cake. I do not taste cotton candy, however that is the scent Joy gives off imho. I may be in a minority here, but I love it standalone or with some apricot or peach. Off to purchase gooey coconut cookies now.

@HeadInClouds I seen a ways back @Teresa P mentioning an oatmeal cream cookie? Do tell me about that.
(That one's exclusively a mamaj's premixed: http://mamajsflavorshop.com/specialty-shop/hics-mixes/)
I'm glad you got your internet connection whipped into submission! Thank you, D!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the coconut cookies last night, gonna mix it when I get home today! @Daintanee, that oatmeal cream pie is dreamy! Think I'm gonna fill my tank with that for work today....:D
And we're having fits with our internet too, I'm thinking it's cloud cover and all the storms we've had lately. VU is near impossible to navigate on my phone and getting a lot of freeze ups on my iPad. We have a Roku on the tv and it's dropping out and freezing too. Very frustrating. :mad:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the coconut cookies last night, gonna mix it when I get home today! @Daintanee, that oatmeal cream pie is dreamy! Think I'm gonna fill my tank with that for work today....:D
And we're having fits with our internet too, I'm thinking it's cloud cover and all the storms we've had lately. VU is near impossible to navigate on my phone and getting a lot of freeze ups on my iPad. We have a Roku on the tv and it's dropping out and freezing too. Very frustrating. :mad:
Mmmm, oatmeal cream pie! Mine is our net provider. Our house was built in 1905 and to get good service we would have to fork out money to have lines run underground. So when it gets in the 90's it messes up.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hot dog, HIC! Gooey coconut cookies mixed fresh, and i am vaping away! Absolute winner recipe here! The bomb! I am so JOYful! And fyi, I bet I could go through 4 oz. Of joy, and coconut, and Apple pie, and mango, and citrus fruits, and Vienna cream, oh and vanilla classic in about 2-4 years!

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hot dog, HIC! Gooey coconut cookies mixed fresh, and i am vaping away! Absolute winner recipe here! The bomb! I am so JOYful! And fyi, I bet I could go through 4 oz. Of joy, and coconut, and Apple pie, and mango, and citrus fruits, and Vienna cream, oh and vanilla classic in about 2-4 years!
I can't wait to mix this one! Sounds delish!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

debb22

Member For 4 Years
Might try the above too...but I never had any luck with any brand of coconut...and I love coconut!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Back up! Sorry for the delay. And...

New today at HIC's Mixes: Vanilla Silk Pudding

p Vanilla Silk Pudding 200 lo.jpg
"Homemade pudding with sweet vanilla that lingers all the way through the exhale. It's reminiscent of classic stove-top tapioca pudding. If you haven't yet found your "holy grail" vanilla vape, this is for you. Variations include Milk & Honey-Vanilla, and Raspberry-Vanilla Panna Cotta. This recipe requires FlavourArt flavorings plus Sweet Woodruff by The Flavor Apprentice. (All flavorings used are diketone-free.)"

(I made sure the big TFA sellers have this flavoring in stock!)
This one is my personal "holy-grail vanilla vape" - It took nearly 2 years, but I now have diketone-free creamy vanilla that I can thoroughly enjoy. Of course it's mostly FA, but that TFA flavor was the key I needed all along.

Last edited:

MistyMe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

New today at HIC's Mixes : Vanilla Silk Pudding..........

This one is my personal "holy-grail vanilla vape" - It took nearly 2 years, but I now have diketone-free creamy vanilla that I can thoroughly enjoy. Of course it's mostly FA, but that TFA flavor was the key I needed all along.

This is the one I've been waiting for! :D
(...and I actually got my flavor order in before the entire world becomes "Out Of Stock"!)

Last edited:

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looked on TPA and couldn't find Sweet Woodruff ...anyone know where to get it?
I just ordered it from Bull City. Too bad they were out of FA Black Tea because I wanted that one, too.

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I never thought I'd use my two bottles unless mixing something green. Hmmm...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

New today at HIC's Mixes : Vanilla Silk Pudding

View attachment 25504
"Homemade pudding with sweet vanilla that lingers all the way through the exhale. It's reminiscent of classic stove-top tapioca pudding. If you haven't yet found your "holy grail" vanilla vape, this is for you. Variations include Milk & Honey-Vanilla, and Raspberry-Vanilla Panna Cotta. This recipe requires FlavourArt flavorings plus Sweet Woodruff by The Flavor Apprentice. (All flavorings used are diketone-free.)"

Oh no you didn't!! As usual I am late to the party! Bull city is now sold out! I went to wizard labs and got it. And some hypno...I am more in control than @Teresa P! When you do this to us HIC, we have to all send each other samples.

@stephanie932 I would be happy to send you some black tea if you pm me your address.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh forgot to say, I will be anxiously awaiting my order. You know since I began diy I've been looking for that holy grail of vanilla. Closet I got was the Hobbit Vanilla Caddisfly and I made together, but it has some of the "D" word in it!

debb22

Member For 4 Years
Vaping on some Thin Mint Cookie....Now I don't vape Chocolate and I don't much like Peppermint...But I do like the Thin Mint Cookies...and I had everything to make it ..so I thought ..why not...I need to use the flavors...Damn! It's good...Nice and light ....which I like fairly strong flavors ..but this is perfect the way it was written, I even tried it with a lil less peppermint...but you need it...it really is perfect...Ty....

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh no you didn't!! As usual I am late to the party! Bull city is now sold out! I went to wizard labs and got it. And some hypno...I am more in control than @Teresa P! When you do this to us HIC, we have to all send each other samples.

@stephanie932 I would be happy to send you some black tea if you pm me your address.
Wow! Ty so much!!! I got HIC's tea party pack, went to order it and it's out. In coming PM!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think Wizard Labs had that one, but could be mistaken. I looked at over 20 pages of flavors, who knows? Lol!

VU Sponsors