Become a Patron!

HIC's GIRL SCOUT SAMOAS

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't have walnut or cocoa. Is there a way I can augment to make this? I spent too much money and can't buy more stuff for many many months. I do have chocolate.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I don't have walnut or cocoa. Is there a way I can augment to make this? I spent too much money and can't buy more stuff for many many months. I do have chocolate.

If you just leave out Cocoa you'll get lighter chocolate flavor, but it won't mess it up.

It must have a nut flavor for the buttery effect. Instead of Walnut, FA Nut Mix will work fine. You might taste the nuts a little with it. Hazelnut is too distinctive to hide the flavor, but if hazelnut samoas sound good, it might work - I'd use just 0.5% and give it a steep for sure.

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I used the fa nut mix as a sub. It came out good but it's tastes nutty. Can Def taste the hazel nut in the mix nut. But it's still a great vape!

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just mixed this up this am. I did not have any walnut.
It was delicious without the walnut. Can't wait to try it with walnut.
Thanks for sharing!

agg2001

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
#beatingadeadhorse i joined VU for this recipe, btw. so kudos.

thanks @HeadInClouds ! just got the flavors ordered, and have a question. what PG/VG ratio would you recommend for a dripper and/or subohm tank? i like to vape at 55-75 watts on either. got my 100mg/ml 100%vg base nic, and plenty of pg and vg. just whatever you recommend is what i'll try first. i'm typically a maxVG guy, but last recipe i tried to adjust to maxVG ended up being flat on flavor - even at 25% flavor and stepping for 2 months. still "eh" (#32 clone... hopefully it was the recipe, not me, that ruined that batch).

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
#beatingadeadhorse i joined VU for this recipe, btw. so kudos.

thanks @HeadInClouds ! just got the flavors ordered, and have a question. what PG/VG ratio would you recommend for a dripper and/or subohm tank? i like to vape at 55-75 watts on either. got my 100mg/ml 100%vg base nic, and plenty of pg and vg. just whatever you recommend is what i'll try first. i'm typically a maxVG guy, but last recipe i tried to adjust to maxVG ended up being flat on flavor - even at 25% flavor and stepping for 2 months. still "eh" (#32 clone... hopefully it was the recipe, not me, that ruined that batch).

I'm glad you joined VU! I personally use max-VG on everything, but it doesn't mean you have to. I also don't subohm; I just keep my hardware simple.

agg2001

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what flavoring perc do you go with? i'm thinking with maxVG 13-14% might be the place to start. thoughts? or do you recommend starting with the 8% and adding to taste?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With all HIC's recipes I first make them as written. If I love them I make a flavor base and then increase by a percentage or so until I find the spot I like! I often end up making HIC's recipes around 8 or 9%. HIC uses max VG, and I make mine anywhere from 50 to 70VG, but my tastebuds are not nearly as refined as HIC's LOL I don't think I've ever made any of these recipes over 10% (and that's for a friend who uses a nautilus).

agg2001

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
EXCELLENT! thanks @AmandaD - appreciate the input. now if i could just go on vacation, and hurry and get back my flavors will be at the mailbox and i can mix. :D excited to try a new recipe that i've been looking for that so many vouch for. AS IS, nonetheless.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
what flavoring perc do you go with? i'm thinking with maxVG 13-14% might be the place to start. thoughts? or do you recommend starting with the 8% and adding to taste?

What Amanda said. :)
I think the 8% FA here is pretty mainstream satisfactory. I'm happy with much less, but I'm an oddball that way.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm glad this thread came back up for a few reasons. One of which I will not touch on. I feel it has been more than properly dealt with already (thanks guys and gals). The others are as follows.

1 - @HeadInClouds posted an 8 flavor recipe and I'm only short ONE flavor!!! I'm calling it a win. That damn Walnut has been floating around on the "to order" list forever. It might have been getting bumped down by it's frequent association with Cocoa which brings me to
2 - I can revisit my issue/reservation with Cocoa. I vape at 35-75W. When does cocoa start to burn?
3 - Samoas are my favorite cookie since childhood. This sounds amazing. I want it in my mouth!

agg2001

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
this stuff is legit... i went with an 85/15 (vg/pg) blend, and it's on point - well, it WILL be after about a week to let the buttery and coconut flavors rise to the front a bit. anyway, i have some follow up questions:

1. at an 8% flavoring mix, what is the flavor that is darkening up the wick so much? i've got about 48 hours on this wick and it's nearly black. it has to be one of the flavors, but i can't figure it out as they are all pretty light initially. well, except the chocolate and cocoa. could that be it?
2. how would i make it more of a toasted coconut flavor vs. the plain coconut that it is now - i feel i'm missing that pop that the coconut in the cookie leaves in my mouth.
3. how is this not being sold yet?! lol

thanks y'all!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
this stuff is legit... i went with an 85/15 (vg/pg) blend, and it's on point - well, it WILL be after about a week to let the buttery and coconut flavors rise to the front a bit. anyway, i have some follow up questions:

1. at an 8% flavoring mix, what is the flavor that is darkening up the wick so much? i've got about 48 hours on this wick and it's nearly black. it has to be one of the flavors, but i can't figure it out as they are all pretty light initially. well, except the chocolate and cocoa. could that be it?
2. how would i make it more of a toasted coconut flavor vs. the plain coconut that it is now - i feel i'm missing that pop that the coconut in the cookie leaves in my mouth.
3. how is this not being sold yet?! lol

thanks y'all!
Chocolate and cocoa do that - and cocoa burns very easily!

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh what a pearler!
Mainly tried purchased HIC recipes to date.
This is right up there, and free due to the generosity of his heart.
I love you HIC!

Thanks again!

TattooedViking

Member For 4 Years
Mixed this up just awhile ago. AWESOME! I didn't have the FA Caramel, so I used 3% TFA Caramel (Original). It definitely isn't an ideal substitution, but it's all I had. I can't wait to get the FA Caramel and make this per the recipe! @HeadInClouds-You sir, are a gentleman an a scholar. Thank you for posting this and all of your other amazing recipes!

Is it just me or does this not taste like samoa girl scout cookies at all to anyone else. It tastes good and granted I just shook and vaped but it doesn't seem close to me. Anyone know how to get this mix closer to fa-q's (driptonic) miss samoa

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If you just leave out Cocoa you'll get lighter chocolate flavor, but it won't mess it up.

It must have a nut flavor for the buttery effect. Instead of Walnut, FA Nut Mix will work fine. You might taste the nuts a little with it. Hazelnut is too distinctive to hide the flavor, but if hazelnut samoas sound good, it might work - I'd use just 0.5% and give it a steep for sure.
Do you do anything with your flavors before you mix like let them steep or breath. Just got my fa flavors for this today and none of them really smell like what they're supposed to be and after mixing a small test batch and steeping it in a crockpot for about 4 hours it's not close to a samoa at all its more just like sugary butter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I generally shake and vape; I prefer most recipes like that. On this one I also recommend letting some sit for richer flavor to develop; most vapers seem to like that faux-buttery flavor. If you don't, you sure should not heat steep - heat is like fast-forward for that process. As I mentioned, the nut flavor is key to the richness, so maybe you also want less of it. (p.s. be sure you shake chocolate and cocoa before you use them; they settle)

Last edited:
@HeadInClouds Thank you so much for helping us to test good recipe such this one, if I may ask what percentage do you do your recipes ?

Thanks a lot for your contribute in DIY community.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds Thank you so much for helping us to test good recipe such this one, if I may ask what percentage do you do your recipes ?

Thanks a lot for your contribute in DIY community.

Total percentage completely depends on the flavors involved. Some recipes I enjoy are under 3% total flavor (like strong tobaccos, stuff with FA Coffee Espresso or Tiramisu, a few others, and of course some super-concentrates by other companies). For some recipes, even with all FA flavors, I like over 10% total. With TFA/FW/Capella recipes, I averaged 15% total flavoring, just as a rough comparison.

Thanks for the work HIC's. I tried your recipe, and it was not close enough for me. I came up with my own version, and it smells exactly like Miss Samoa even right after mixing. It's pretty spot on after a nice steep. Enjoy!! 4 of the flavors do contain ( Acetoin and Acetyl Propiony) however.

CAP Butter Cream 0.5%
CAP French Vanilla 0.5%
CAP Sugar Cookie 7% ( Acetoin and Acetyl Propiony)
TPA Graham Cracker Clear 2% ( Acetoin and Acetyl Propiony)
TPA Coconut Extra 3% ( Acetoin and Acetyl Propiony)
TPA Caramel Original 4% ( Acetoin and Acetyl Propiony)
FA Chocolate 1%
TPA Sweetener 2%

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds THAT VG/ PG RATIO DO YOU DO YOUR RECIPE 80-20 OR 70-30 OR 60-40

Well, this recipe is from 3 years ago, and I think I was mixing about 50/50 back then. I usually mix max-VG now, but I'd make this just like it's written. With rare exceptions I haven't found recipe changes necessary; in fact, I like the increased sweetness/smoothness of max-VG for just about everything but tobaccos.

VU Sponsors