Become a Patron!

Hey. Ohm and my battery question

1. i have battery qlaid 2200mah 3.7v 40A
2. Mod Teslacig 85watt
3. RTA Reload dripper kangertech

MY MAIN AND ONLY QUESTION. IS IT SAFE I BUILT 0.20 oHm coil on it?

Sent from my vivo 1606 using Tapatalk

KCCOxCrAzY

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1. i have battery qlaid 2200mah 3.7v 40A
2. Mod Teslacig 85watt
3. RTA Reload dripper kangertech

MY MAIN AND ONLY QUESTION. IS IT SAFE I BUILT 0.20 oHm coil on it?

Sent from my vivo 1606 using Tapatalk
You'd sit at 20.61 Amps and 4.12 Volts at 85 watts so i probably wouldn't hit max wattage. Check out a ohmslaw calculator website to check when you'd like.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just a heads up, there is no such thing as a 40a 18650. its more likely that your battery didnt make it into a 'a' grade batch from a major manufacturer, and was sold for cheap to whatever shady company put that 40a label on it (and put you in danger). we cant tell you if its safe or not because we dont know the actual rating of your battery. you are using a regulated device, so that should offer a layer of protection, but some of those re-wrapped batteries are terribly over rated (it could be a 10a battery from what i have seen in the past), so i suggest you try to get some authentic sony/samsung/lg batteries from a place like liion-wholesale or imr-batteries. a good choice right now are the sony vtc series. on a regulated device the vtc6 is a great choice, and the new vtc6a look even better. stay safe :cheers:

ps - look up battery mooch, hes our battery saint in the vape community, who tests the batteries to verify the stats on the wraps and keeps us all safe. he has videos on youtube that will help you get a good start on battery knowledge, and he posts detailed charts and info on battery performance on his blog. it doesnt matter if you have an expensive mod and artist crafted coils when you are using junk batteries. they are literally the foundation of a good/safe vape.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If thats a regulated mod and it fires you are good. The battery life might suck but such is life. The protections in the mod will keep it from exploding.

VU Sponsors