Become a Patron!

Help.

Dawg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All these people are telling me that vaping is just as bad as smoking.... they're trying to convince me there are chemicles other than vg and pg in my juice. I know theres a few alcohols and menthols to add viscosity to it but what do I say to them? Also does vaping lead to emphysema or astma???? I was told this as well.

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping does not lead to asthma vg and pg is actually used in various medical inhalents such at asthma inhalents, everything used in eliquid is water soluble so it breaks down by the natural fluids in ur lungs and is then absorbed where tar from cigarettes just builds up and will only be dispelled through "hacking up a lung" altho we dont kno the true long term side affect of vaping it has been proven to be a far better and healthier form of quiting cigs. One of the sodeaffects of the quit smoking pill (i will leave it unnamed) is possible death can not be taken by anyone with depression or anxiety (how healthy can that be lol), the patch and gum pumps chemicals including nicotine into the blood stream through tissue. There has been speculation that vaping causes pneumonia but this is false the natural fluids in ur lungs and mouth actually clings to the vg be body naturally replaces the fluid but this is y as vapers we need to add that little extra water to our intake. I hope this is helpful

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There are nearly 600 additives put in cigarettes(http://www.tricountycessation.org/tobaccofacts/Cigarette-Ingredients.html#list), when burned those create over 7,000 chemicals (including acetone, arsenic, benzene, toluene), and at least 69 of those are known to cause cancer.

The ingredients in ecigs can basically be counted on your fingers. Nicotine, by itself, is harmless at the low doses that ecigs provide, pg has been heavily studied for decades and found to be harmless (even for inhaling), vg has also been heavily studied.

There are traces of nitrosamines in the nicotine (nitrosamines are potentially carcinogenic), but there are also naturally occurring nitrosamines in celery (and many other foods). That's why the nitrate-free hot dogs that Oscar Meyer makes uses celery juice as a preservative. The reason why it's in the nicotine is because when you extract the nicotine from tobacoo, you pull some of the nitrosamines along with it.

The formaldehyde scare thing was created using bad science. They took samples when using ecigs at voltages far higher than a consumer would use, which caused them to be run at higher heat levels than would be used. That was the only way they could get the results they wanted.

Yes, the long-term effects of inhaling food grade flavoring is still unknown, but the industry has been working hard to keep it as safe as possible.

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are nearly 600 additives put in cigarettes(http://www.tricountycessation.org/tobaccofacts/Cigarette-Ingredients.html#list), when burned those create over 7,000 chemicals (including acetone, arsenic, benzene, toluene), and at least 69 of those are known to cause cancer.

The ingredients in ecigs can basically be counted on your fingers. Nicotine, by itself, is harmless at the low doses that ecigs provide, pg has been heavily studied for decades and found to be harmless (even for inhaling), vg has also been heavily studied.

There are traces of nitrosamines in the nicotine (nitrosamines are potentially carcinogenic), but there are also naturally occurring nitrosamines in celery (and many other foods). That's why the nitrate-free hot dogs that Oscar Meyer makes uses celery juice as a preservative. The reason why it's in the nicotine is because when you extract the nicotine from tobacoo, you pull some of the nitrosamines along with it.

The formaldehyde scare thing was created using bad science. They took samples when using ecigs at voltages far higher than a consumer would use, which caused them to be run at higher heat levels than would be used. That was the only way they could get the results they wanted.

Yes, the long-term effects of inhaling food grade flavoring is still unknown, but the industry has been working hard to keep it as safe as possible.
Well said, i havent gotten that far into studying the cigarette nicotine side

Dawg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are there any studies on vaping leading to emphysema or astma?

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone with pg allergies can suffer from asthma like symptoms, but vaping has not been known the cause to asthma or emphysema that being said nicotine in high enough.doses can act as a inflammatory anyone with emphysema or asthma could have noticable inflammation but smoking cigs would cause that far more then vaping

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Are there any studies on vaping leading to emphysema or astma?
I edited above post. Also, if PG causes asthma, then why do asthma inhalers have PG in them? Albuterol inhalers use propylene glycol as the carrier for the drug.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Heres my study...i smoked i coughed..i felt like shit..now i vape and dont cough anymore..Have deeper breaths and much more active stamina than i had while smoking...Meaning i can run 2 blocks without feeling like i just got punched in the chest by mike tyson, or feel like puking and cant breath...I dont get dizzy when standing up.

My conclusion.. MUCH Better health.

Dawg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So if im using 0 nicotine juice then there shouldn't be any inflamation or irritation?

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Having never smoked there will obviously be irritation because ur lungs arent use to haveing dense foreignbodies introducted to them. But for someone that did smoke that doesnt have pg allergies running 0mg nic they would have no issues

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Having never smoked there will obviously be irritation because ur lungs arent use to haveing dense foreignbodies introducted to them. But for someone that did smoke that doesnt have pg allergies running 0mg nic they would have no issues
This is not a side effect of vaping, the irritation to a nonsmokers lungs from vaping is soley due to the lungs being exposed to a sensation their not use to

Dawg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is not a side effect of vaping, the irritation to a nonsmokers lungs from vaping is soley due to the lungs being exposed to a sensation their not use to
So it doesn't damage them at all? They're just not used to it??

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping is naturally not as good for you as breathing air, and some irritation is normal. As someone who didn't previously smoke, you are increasing your risk by vaping. Although is seems relatively safe to me, and about 1000 times safer than smoking, it will take many years to see what side effects we really end up with.

Hedlyna

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been vaping for 8 years.....life,kids and laziness kicked my butt. I'm 100 lbs heavier but still breath better than i did when i smoked. I'm sure it's not good for you long term, but nothing is. I KNOW what the long term effect is with cigarettes. Vaping's long term effects can't be worse than lung cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't even engaged to those kinds of conversation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dawg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lung cancer is pretty fucking bad.....

Dawg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are there any articles about how vaping won't lead to emphysema? Or lung cancer??

The surgeon generals finding are conclusive that vapeing is 95% safer than smoking as far as the chemicals go. There are dangers with vapeing but it's only if you don't understand battery safety. Learn ohms law and you should be ok. I run a .14 ohm build in a hells gate and over the last 4 months my breathing has improved greatly. I'm 32 and a 20 yr former smoker. Don't believe the hype big tobacco puts out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Pretty much everything in e liquid we eat on a daily basis including nicotine in some vegetables

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love getting into debates no matter what...All kidding aside..... Google all you can remember & read/memorize all you read.. I have a 4 RNA's at work. I love clamming them up... In mid debate they get up and walk away.hahahahah... Show no fear & know all the facts you can .

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Another thing to help. YouTube (the truth about vaping) Anything newer the say...... 3 or so years is a must watch.IMHO. I will see if I can remember where I have a one video for the smokers you run into debates with on the true reasons they banned in California... Post it later

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dre nicotine is in chocolate. So all are consumed every day by the public

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
one of the main ingredients in eliquid (can't remember if it's vg or pg) is the base liquid for some fog machines that are used like in concerts and haunted houses....never hear anyone up in arms about people breathing that stuff now do we?

@Dawg .... I have to ask because I am always curious...you're old enough to do what you want and I don't care if you vape or not...I am just curious as to why someone who never smoked would want to start vaping? Your lungs will be irritated by it till you get used to it but if you're vaping zero nic than it's just the pg/vg and the flavor. Like other's said, the true long term effects are unknown but it's definitely less harmful than smoking...i've got the medical charts to prove it :)

Don't get me wrong I vape mainly desert flavors to help curve my sweet tooth but I started smoking at 11, that's the reason I vape, I had given up on quitting, never thought i'd be able to....the helping curb my snaking is just a bonus. Any special reason or just curious? We need all the voices we can get in our fight to keep vaper's rights free and welcome to VU and the club....like I said I am just curious :)

Anyways...like I said..welcome to VU...I hope you enjoy your stay and stay awhile...it's pretty nice around here :)

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
one of the main ingredients in eliquid (can't remember if it's vg or pg) is the base liquid for some fog machines that are used like in concerts and haunted houses....never hear anyone up in arms about people breathing that stuff now do we?

VG is fog machine liquid
PG is the primary ingredient in *non-toxic* antifreeze (since it doesn't freeze), sanitizer (it's pumped into the air vents of hospitals), is in many foods as a preservative and anti freezing agent (such as ice cream, so it stays creamy instead of freezing solid), and medicine inhalers

Last edited:

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When people always say "that's worse than cigarettes" I always ask them where they have gotten their information at. Most can't answer the question, so I jus shrug it off and walk away. You can also leave them with my personal favorite "there has been no studies that have shown it to be harmful, but if you can find one I would love to read it"

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VG is fog machine liquid
PG is the primary ingredient in *non-toxic* antifreeze (since it doesn't freeze), sanitizer (it's pumped into the air vents of hospitals), is in many foods as a preservative and anti freezing agent (such as ice cream, so it stays creamy instead of freezing solid), and medicine inhalers

Thank you...I knew that PG was in anti freeze and inhalers and all that ...I just couldn't remember if they used it in fog machines with VG as well or if it was just VG....for all the useless trivia in my head sometimes a marble escapes and rolls loose till I slip on it :)

Dawg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

@Dawg .... I have to ask because I am always curious...you're old enough to do what you want and I don't care if you vape or not...I am just curious as to why someone who never smoked would want to start vaping? Your lungs will be irritated by it till you get used to it but if you're vaping zero nic than it's just the pg/vg and the flavor. Like other's said, the true long term effects are unknown but it's definitely less harmful than smoking...i've got the medical charts to prove it :)

Don't get me wrong I vape mainly desert flavors to help curve my sweet tooth but I started smoking at 11, that's the reason I vape, I had given up on quitting, never thought i'd be able to....the helping curb my snaking is just a bonus. Any special reason or just curious? We need all the voices we can get in our fight to keep vaper's rights free and welcome to VU and the club....like I said I am just curious :)

Anyways...like I said..welcome to VU...I hope you enjoy your stay and stay awhile...it's pretty nice around here :)
I started vaping because I never had an interest in smoking but when I saw the tricks that you could do with vapour clouds I decided to try it and now its just a cool (hopefully non harmful) alternative than smoking and its fun to do with friends.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I started vaping because I never had an interest in smoking but when I saw the tricks that you could do with vapour clouds I decided to try it and now its just a cool (hopefully non harmful) alternative than smoking and its fun to do with friends.

Yeah, honestly that's what I kinda figured but thank you honestly for answering the question. Just like anything else you're throat and lungs will get used to vaping in time and the higher VG content the smoother the vape...and since you're 0mg nic it shouldn't take very long to adjust since max VG with no nic for the most part (some flavors counter act this statement, there's always an exception to the rule,) is about the smoothest vape a vapor can get. Best of luck to you :)

Dawg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, honestly that's what I kinda figured but thank you honestly for answering the question. Just like anything else you're throat and lungs will get used to vaping in time and the higher VG content the smoother the vape...and since you're 0mg nic it shouldn't take very long to adjust since max VG with no nic for the most part (some flavors counter act this statement, there's always an exception to the rule,) is about the smoothest vape a vapor can get. Best of luck to you :)
Thanks!

ggvaper

Member For 4 Years
the people that tell you these things are misinformed completely ignorant of vapiing and anything to do with vaping.. do not pay attention to them.. distance yourself from those people.. ok... keep on vapingl

VU Sponsors