Become a Patron!

Help!!

Hey everyone,

Kind of having a minor emergency here, and I'm relatively new at this. I'm currently using the iStick 50, with a Furytank, and Aspire Atlantis atomizers. I got it to quit cigarettes and have made it 8 days... Everything was going great until tonight. It started tasting weird, so I checked and I'd worn out the atomizer. Replaced it, moistened everything I needed to, let it sit for about 20 minutes, puffed it a few times without hitting the button, and it's been doing nothing but giving me a burning taste ever since. The display is reading at 25 watts/5 volts, and 1 ohm.

I've tried everything I can think of from cleaning the entire setup, remoistening the coils, turning it off and back on (hey, it works for computers), switching to the volts setting instead, and starting at the lowest wattage and stepping it up. The atomizer looks perfectly fine, but I'm about an hour away from being in complete nic-fit mode and picking up a pack.

Any help would be extremely appreciated,
DC

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You may have burnt the coil. If you have another, try the same process again, but start your wattage low, then work you way up slowly to your desired taste. Back off once it starts tasting off, keep the wattage lower at that point.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Do you know the pg/vg ratio of your juice?... if it's high PG 25watts would be too hot for it.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The replacement coil heads might be clones/fakes. Or if they are original, you might have a bad batch. Some of the replacement coils tend to have machine oil left in them, which can also count for a burnt flavor. When you look at the coil, does it show blackened wicking material? Have you tried another new coil?
I also had original replacement coils, that just had a real bad flavor at the beginning of use. Therefore, I tend to prime them as usual, but don't put the tank together completely, just the bottom part and the new coil. Then put it on the mod and fire it, until the bad smell is gone, re-priming with liquid as needed.

I hope that helps!

VU Sponsors